Just minutes from the airport, the central location offers quick access to all the major freeways/roadways of O'ahu. It's also just a few steps away from The BUS stops to take you anywhere around the island!
- Features a Queen-sized bed
- Full kitchen amenities
- Fast WIFI internet access
- Walking distance to grocery store open 24/7
- Clean, affordable option for travelers who want to spend less on housing/lodging/accommodations & more on their vacation! Save money for your next vacation!
This listing is for a private bedroom in my 3-bedroom home. The private bedroom with a Queen-sized bed, desk, drawers, and a large closet can comfortably sleep up to 2 people. If you would like to have 3 people stay in the room, a cot can be placed on the floor as well, but it does mean less space overall. There is a full bathroom (bathtub) that is shared with one other bedroom. Your bedroom has its own lock and key.
The entire home is already furnished. While the bedrooms are carpeted, the remaining home has tile floors. The living room opens out to the dining area and kitchen.
- The full-sized kitchen includes everything that you need for any meal: coffee maker (just bring your favorite coffee!), microwave oven, electric stove, toaster oven, refrigerator, freezer (with ice maker), pots, pans, silverware, etc.
- There is a TV (no cable TV) in the living room with a DVD player and plenty of movies provided in case you want to spend the day at home (though I have plenty of recommendations for exploring around the island!)
- Please note that there is not A/C. There is a ceiling fan in the living room and a rotating fan in each bedroom.
- A completely smoke-free, pet-free, and safe environment (your bedroom has its own lock and key)
- WiFi access
- An awesome location that includes a complete shopping center just down the street: Safeway grocery store, restaurants, McDonald's, Longs Drugs, gas station, bank, salon, Hawaiian restaurant, Subway, and more. The bus station (The Bus, Oahu's public transportation) is steps away from our front door and for $2.50, you can get a bus ticket for pretty much anywhere on the island. If you have your own car, there's free street parking (typically found within 10 minutes of walking distance, though may take longer depending on the time of the day) and super easy highway access (H1 and H3).
This isn’t the countryside, so there are noises from neighbors and the cars passing on the streets. It is white/background noise to most people, but I do recommend that you bring earplugs in case you need them.
Nearby Attractions: travel time depends on time of day/traffic
Honolulu/HNL Airport - 1.5 mi
Tripler Army Medical Center - 2 mi
Fort Shafter - 2.5 mi
Aloha Stadium - 2.5 mi
Pearl Harbor - 3 mi
Arizona Memorial - 3 mi
Hickam Air Force Base - 4 mi
Chinatown - 5 mi
King Kamehameha Statue - 6 mi
Iolani Palace - 6 mi
Waikiki - 8 mi
Leahi (Diamond Head - hike up for amazing views of Honolulu and Waikiki) - 10 mi
Nuuanu Pali Lookout - 11 mi
Hanauma Bay Nature Preserve (one of the best snorkeling locations) - 17 mi
North Shore (see some of the highest and best surfing swells here) - 26.5 mi
The check-in time is 3PM. Check-out time is 12pm. Please include your flight information with approximate arrival and departure times within your inquiry, so I can give you a better idea of when I would be able to check you in, for your convenience and scheduling flexibility.
Please share your background and reason for your stay in Oahu along with your guests when you submit your request, as I would be more likely to approve your request faster.
We also have other private bedroom listings in this same house, so one of them may fit your needs if you would prefer a reserved parking spot or have a larger party and need additional bedrooms.
Before booking, please send me a message about the details of your travel dates and plans (i.e. flight #, arrival time, rental car or bus, special needs), so I may best accommodate you. Please feel free to tell me a little about yourself and the other guests, so I can get to know you all a little better and make your stay as pleasant as possible :). Please ensure that your profile is complete with all of the information AirBnB asks for, including a photo, so I can verify who you are when you arrive.
Interaction with guests
I am always available by phone if guests have any questions.
Other things to note
Before booking, please send me a message about the details of your travel dates and plans (i.e. arrival time, rental car or bus, special needs), so I may best accommodate you. Please feel free to tell me a little about yourself and the other guests, so I can get to know you all a little better and make your stay as pleasant as possible :). Please ensure that your profile is complete with all of the information AirBnB asks for, including a photo, so I can verify who you are when you arrive.
1. Please remove your shoes at the entrance. It helps to minimize the amount of sand and dirt that gets carried into the home.
2. Please do not leave food out. This is Hawaii, there are bugs and insects and leaving food out in the open makes it a million times worse (and attracts the bigger bugs and insects), so please do not leave food out.
3. No smoking is allowed in the building. If you must smoke, you'll have to do so outside the automatic gate.
4. It is a shared bathroom, so please be considerate and respectful.
5. Please be on time for check-in. When you ask me to be available at a certain time to let you in, give you a tour, and hand over the keys, I arrange my schedule to do so. I understand that flights gets delayed, etc., but please be respectful of my time and let me know. I try to be respectful of others, so I just ask that people try to do the same; there's more ALOHA that way :)