This unique one bedroom is located next door to the Catamaran Hotel and Spa with its gorgeous groomed beach, volleyball courts, and much more....
The property comprises of a 1 bedroom 1 bath plus sofa bed on the upper floor of a very privately located duplex. Accessed by an exterior stairway through the shared patio area.
Relax with a glass of wine on the couch and watch all the activities of the bay through the large picture window. The sand is but 30 ft away with private access to the beach.
The large courtyard is situated at the end of the cul de sac on Yarmouth Court. Newly remodeled (February 2016) with tin roofed pergola, bar height table, seating for 8 amongst the palm trees to the sound of the "yoga frog" fountain. Wicker couch, chaise lounge, and Weber barbecue. Perfect for barbecuing and partying or lounging with a good book. (Patio is shared with the downstairs unit)
Re-furbishing of the property was completed in February 2016. Wooden flooring replaced carpets in the bedroom and all new furniture was added. The kitchen is fully equipped with everything you will need to prepare your favorite meal.
A Queen size bed with white 500 plus thread count sheets, down and feather duvets and pillows in all bedrooms. Along with the crystal lamps throughout (dimmer controlled) and the candle light, you can't help but completely relax and be on holiday.
Provided are fluffy white towels, a hair dryer, shampoo, conditioner and hand soap.
We want you to enjoy your stay without incurring the extra costs.
Two Stand Up Paddle Boards
Four Beach Cruisers
Four Beach Chair
Two Umbrellas with sand stands
(Note that these items are shared with the downstairs guests)
Interaction with guests
Molly's Rentals is a short term vacation rental company that provides a personalized customer experience to both our guests and owners. One of our team members is always available should you have any questions or issues during your stay. Our properties are well maintained and we always take our clients suggestions to heart.
Molly McCrackin grew up in San Diego and has been managing short term vacation rentals in the beach area since 2008. The company has grown over the years, but the service and attention to detail has stayed the same.
PLEASE NOTE BEFORE BOOKING:
NO SMOKING - All of our properties are non-smoking (this includes marijuana) - If you smoke, you will need to go to the street. A $50 fine will be assessed to those that smoke ON the property. A minimum of a $400 fine will be assessed for those that smoke INSIDE the house.
This rental agreement includes a Zero Tolerance Policy for noise disturbances, over occupancy, or house parties. Violations of the terms of this agreement will result in fines from $500.00 up to three (3) times the rental amount, as well as forfeiture of security deposits, and immediate termination of occupancy with no refunds. See Section 3 and 13 for details.
Please do not proceed with booking if you, or anyone in your group, are not comfortable with these policies.
Tenant/Guest agrees to closely read and abide by the Terms of the agreement. As consideration for the booking and use of Vacation Rental Property during the lease term, Tenant agrees to pay Manager for all items specified.
1. RESPONSIBLE PARTY: Tenant is an adult at least 25 years of age and will be an occupant of Property during the entire reserved period, unless other arrangements are approved in writing by Manager. Tenants and/or occupants` valid government I.D. must be presented upon request. Tenant assumes responsibility for all actions of other occupants and guests. No keys or entry code will be issued to anyone who is not an adult 25 years of age. Persons not falling within the foregoing categories will be required to vacate the property immediately without any refund. Any reservation found to be obtained under false pretense will be subject to forfeiture of advance payments, deposit and/or rental money, and the party will not be permitted to check-in. Tenant agrees to comply with all posted condominium or homeowner rules and regulations applicable to use of the Unit and the common areas.
2. CANCELATION: Should Tenant wish to cancel their reservation, notice of cancelation must be in writing, and it is Tenants responsibility to verify receipt by Manager. For notice received more than sixty (60) days prior to the check-in date, Manager will refund 100% of the sums paid, less 10% of the rental amount per property. For notice received less than sixty (60) days prior to check-in date, Manager will refund 100% of the sums paid, less 20% of the rental amount per property. For cancelation notices received less than thirty (30) days prior to check-in date, Manager will refund 100% of the sums paid, less 50% of the rental amount per property. If notice is received less than seven (7) days prior to check- in date, Tenant will be liable for 100% of the rental amount per property reserved. If Property is rented and paid in full by another tenant at the same rate for the same time period, Tenant will receive a refund of all rents paid, less 10% of the original rental amount. There are no refunds for early departures, delayed arrivals, inclement weather or reduction in the number of nights reserved for any reason. Trip cancelation insurance is highly recommended. If the Property becomes unavailable or unsuitable for rent for any reason whatsoever, including but not limited to, casualty loss, construction, noise, physical deterioration or loss of utility services, the Managers liability will be limited to the return of all monies paid on account at the time of cancelation by the Manager. In the event Manager cancels the reservation; Manager will attempt to substitute the Property with a like-kind. All monies received will be refunded to Tenant within 5 business days of cancelation notice.
3. TERMINATION: Manager has the right to inspect the premises without prior notice at any time to enforce the terms of this agreement. Should Tenant or any guests violate the terms of this Agreement, Manager may impose fines up to three (3) times the rental amount, and may terminate Tenant's occupancy with no refunds of rents or security deposits, and Tenant shall waive all rights to due process for failure to vacate the premises upon termination. Tenant is notified that all individuals occupying the Unit will be subject to immediate eviction procedures under State law. Manager or its agent may enter the premises and remove Tenant, the members of Tenant`s party, and their belongings. Noise disturbances or use of the unit for any unlawful purpose including, but not limited to the possession, serving, or consumption of alcoholic beverages by persons less than 21 years of age, house parties or keg parties, beer pong, or use of common areas in a manner contrary to the provisions of this agreement, or the rules of the homeowners association, are prohibited.
IF NOISE COMPLAINTS OR OVER OCCUPANCY OCCUR, OR LAW ENFORCEMENT IS DISPATCHED TO PROPERTY DUE TO ANY DISTURBANCES OR ILLEGAL ACTIVITY ON THE PREMISES, TENANT AND ALL OCCUPANTS ARE SUBJECT TO IMMEDIATE EVICTION WITH NO REFUNDS.
4. RENTS AND PAYMENT: An advance payment of 50% of the total amount due is required up to 30 days prior to check-in date and 100% of the balance due is required within 30 days of the arrival date. Accepted forms of payment are Visa, MasterCard and Discover, traveler`s checks, bank money orders, cashier`s checks or personal checks. Initial payment must be made with a credit card and Tenant agrees to provide Manager with a valid credit card during the entirety of the reservation. If Tenants credit card is declined, the reservation is not valid. If paying by check and check is returned for NSF, there is a $50 service charge per occurrence. Should Tenant fail to make final payment in full by the due date, Manager may in its sole discretion deem the reservation null and void, or charge the Final Payment to Tenants credit card. Should Tenant utilize a different party's credit card for payment, it must be pre-approved by Manager and there is a $25 fee per transaction. Tenant assumes all liability for any disputed or charge back amounts by said party. Rates are subject to change and no refunds are given in the event advertised rental rates are reduced. If a discrepancy arises between information or rates quoted verbally, on the website, email or otherwise, the rate on the reservation will prevail. In the event incorrect information or rates are quoted due to a typographical or other error, Manager shall have the right to refuse, cancel or limit any reservations listed incorrectly, whether or not a reservation confirmation has been sent.
5. SECURITY DEPOSIT / DAMAGE DEPOSIT WAIVER: Tenant is offered a Damage Deposit Waiver (DDP) at the time of booking. If, during the dates of occupancy, Tenant causes any damage to real or personal property of the unit or premises as a result of inadvertent acts, and the total cost of damage is not covered by a Security Deposit, the Manager will cover for Tenant, the cost of repair or replacement of such property up to a maximum benefit of $3,000. Tenant must notify Manager of any damages prior to check out in order for the Damage Deposit Waiver to apply. Any repairs or replacement costs not covered by the DDP will be charged to Tenant. Certain terms and conditions apply. Manager, at its discretion may impose a refundable security deposit in addition to the DDP at any time prior or during the dates of stay. Refundable security deposits less any deductions will be returned within 14 days of departure date. If damaged item(s) are deemed by Manager to be intentional or caused by negligence, reimbursement will not be covered by the DDP and will be deducted from the Tenant`s credit card. Should manager be unable to recover costs from the credit card on file, Tenant is responsible to provide an alternative method of reimbursement within 48 hours of notification. The DDP does not cover damage of allergy/flea remediation from pets.
6. RESERVATION TRANSFERS: Should Tenant need to transfer the reservation to a substitute Tenant, substitute tenant must be approved by Manager, and must agree to all terms and conditions. A $150 transfer processing fee shall be applied to the reservation.
7. CHECK IN: Check in time is 3:00 PM. Early check-in is allowed for a fee only with prior written approval. Keys or entry code will be provided once all fees and charges have been collected. If for some reason, the home is not ready for check-in you will be notified. Please do not attempt to check-in or visit the home prior to notification that the home has been cleared for check-in. Please notify Manager upon arrival so we may ensure the Property is to your satisfaction.
8. CHECK OUT: Check out time is 10:00 AM. There is no holding over. PRIOR WRITTEN APPROVAL IS REQUIRED from Manager for late check-out. Cleaning and maintenance are pre-scheduled, so adhering to the Check-Out Time is very important. A $50 hour fee will be charged for each hour (or portion thereof) past the required check out time and Tenant will be liable for any additional damages incurred, but not limited to the cost of supplying alternative accommodations for arriving guests.
9. CHECK OUT / CLEANING PROCEDURES: Each property will be inspected, sanitized and cleaned prior to your arrival and after your departure. Tenant should leave the property in the same general condition at Check-In meaning:
a) Any debris, rubbish and discards removed from the home
b) Dishes and cooking messes cleaned up.
c) Put back any furniture or items that have been rearranged (inside and outside home).
d) All remote controls left in plain sight.
e) Refrigerator and unit should be left clean and free of perishable food.
f) Lounge chairs equipment, etc. put back in place.
g) BBQ cleaned with brush.
h) Please turn-off lights, heater, air conditioner, fans, appliances, etc.
i) Please make sure all doors and windows are closed and locked.
j) If applicable, leave keys, garage openers, and/or parking passes on the kitchen counter.
k) If unit equipped with a lock-box, please return keys to the lock-box.
The cleaning fee is for a standard cleaning only. If the home was left in poor condition and additional cleaning is required, fees will be charged to Tenants credit card on file at the rate of $50 per hour. A $25 per item fee will be charged for each lost key, and $75 for each garage door opener and remote control that is damaged or not left at the Property upon check-out.
10. OCCUPANCY: Tenant understands and agrees that Property shall be occupied by no more than the number of individuals (including children and infants) indicated on the website, and day/evening guests are limited to 2 persons. A charge of $100 per day per person may be imposed for excess occupancy. All day/evening guests must vacate the premises by 10:00 p.m. Should Tenant wish to entertain or have more than 2 guests; Tenant must obtain pre-approval by Manager in writing.
11. AMENITIES: The property is fully furnished, and includes ready-made beds, 1 set of bath towels per guest, and an equipped kitchen. Furnishings and amenities are not new and may exhibit signs of wear and tear. Amenities and furnishings are subject to change, and may or may not be the exact same as represented due to replacement, substitution or other reasons. Manger provides a starter kit which includes toiletry items, soaps, dish detergent, laundry soap, shampoo, toilet paper, paper towels, and other dispensable items. Since a limited supply is provided, Tenant should plan to shop to replenish these items if necessary. Manager assumes no responsibility for the quality or contents of any food products left on the premises and Tenants use and/or consumption of same is not recommended and shall be at Tenant`s/Guest`s own risk(s). Towels (except beach towels, if provided) and linens are not to be taken from the units.
12. TELEPHONES: Telephones are typically not provided. If provided, Tenant agrees to not make long distance telephone calls or pay for any long distance or collect calls occurring during the reservation dates. Emergency medical, fire and police service can be called by dialing 911. Many Units are located in areas with poor cell phone coverage. Please verify with Manager if a land line is necessary or you are concerned with cell phone signal strength.
13. DISTURBANCES: Tenant and their guests shall behave in a civilized manner and shall be good neighbors, respecting the rights of the surrounding neighbors, and shall not create noise or disturbances that interfere with the quiet enjoyment of their property. Quiet hour starts at 10:00 PM, and outdoor noise, or noise carrying outside from inside the home should be kept to a minimum regardless of the hour, and in compliance with the local Noise Ordinance.
14. TENANT`S NOTIFICATION RESPONSIBILITIES: Tenant shall call Manager upon arrival to property to confirm arrival. Upon arrival, Tenant agrees to examine the Unit, all furniture, furnishings, appliances, fixtures and landscaping, if any, and shall immediately report to Manager if any are not in operating condition or in disrepair. Tenant also agrees to immediately notify Manager of any occurrences that may cause damage to Property or adjacent units and to take reasonable measures to mitigate damage, and be responsible for damages for failure to do so. Tenant acknowledges that unless Manager is notified on day of check-in of any damage or cleaning concerns, Tenant will be liable. Any and all damages, breakage, lost or missing items on the Property during the occupancy will be Tenant`s responsibility and must be reported to Manager and paid prior to departure.
15. MULTIPLE HOME RENTALS: Should Tenant or acquaintance of Tenant rent another property in proximity to Unit, no items shall be moved from home to home. The majority of occupants from two or more rentals will not spend the bulk of their rental time at a house other than the house in which they are sleeping (violation of the occupancy rules). Having too many guests in one house creates extra wear and tear, risk of sewer problems and noise complaints.
16. GARBAGE: Tenant shall dispose of all waste material generated during the rental period in a lawful manner and put the trash in the exterior trash bins provided for pickup. See the Guest Information Binder in the unit or contact manager for garbage collection days. Tenant is cautioned not to leave trash outside for long periods of time because it attracts pests.
17. SUBLEASING: Tenant shall not sublet the property.
18. SMOKING: No smoking is allowed on the premises. If smoking does occur on the premises, Tenant may be evicted and is responsible for all damage caused by the smoking including, but not limited to, stains, burns, odors remediation and removal of debris.
19. PETS: Pets are strictly prohibited unless agreed upon prior to your booking confirmation. A pet fee of $50 will be added to your reservation for any approved pet. If an unauthorized pet is found on the premises, Tenant may and/or pet may be evicted and Tenant is responsible for any and all damage and remediation caused by pet(s), including pet allergen remediation, flea remediation and reimbursement to Manager for any refunds necessary to compensate affected future occupants.
20. TRANSIENT OCCUPANCY: Tenant expressly acknowledges and agrees that this Agreement is for transient occupancy of the Property, and that Tenant does not intend to make the property a residence or household.
21. OWNERS PROPERTY: Tenant agrees not to access the owner`s storage area, even if unlocked, which contains owners personal property and may contain cleaning supplies and chemicals that could be hazardous to children and adults.
22. FIRE EXTINGUISHER: The property is equipped with a minimum of one (1) fire extinguisher. The fire extinguisher was fully charged at last inspection. It is the duty of the tenant locate fire extinguisher, notify all other occupants and guests of the location, and to inform management immediately should the fire extinguisher be missing, or be less or become less than fully charged.
23. SMOKE DETECTORS/ CARBON MONOXIDE DETECTOR: The property has smoke detectors and a carbon monoxide detector installed and they are believed to function properly at the time of rental. Tenant will notify management without delay if detectors are missing, uninstalled, "chirps" or have a low battery condition.
24. PARKING: Tenant is advised that in many high density beach communities, parking is at a premium, and garages and parking spaces can be smaller than normal. Tenant is advised to ask for measurements if parking is needed. No refunds will be given if vehicles do not fit in designated spaces.
25. SECURITY: Tenant shall see to their own and to the Property security by locking doors, windows, garage doors, etc. when it`s prudent to do so and always when all guests are absent or the property is vacated.
26. NEW LOCKS OR ALTERATIONS: Tenant shall not make or permit to be made any alterations to the Premises or change or add any lock without prior consent of Manager.
27. LOST ITEMS: Manager shall bear no responsibility for lost, stolen or abandoned items. Every reasonable effort will be made to contact the Tenant for return. There will be a $25.00 handling charge plus shipping costs for any found items returned at Guest`s request. Manager shall not be held liable for condition of said items. Any items not claimed for longer than 30 days, may be donated or sold.
28. TV/CABLE/INTERNET/SATELLITE: If provided, no refund of rents shall be given for number of devices, outages, content, or lack of content or personal preferences with regard to cable/internet/satellite service. Services are provided as a convenience only, and are not integral to this agreement. No refund of rents shall be given for outages, content, lack of content, speed, access problems, lack of knowledge of use, or personal preferences with regard to service.
29. AIR CONDITIONING / HEATING: Most beach rentals are not equipped with air conditioning. If so equipped, and if not regulated otherwise, Tenant agrees that Air conditioning shall not be set below 72 degrees and heat shall not be set above 78, and that the fan setting shall be "Auto". Doors and windows shall be closed when either heat or air conditioning is in operation. There are no refunds for lack of, or malfunctioning HVAC units.
30. POOL AND SPA: If so equipped, spa heating is included. Pool heating, unless solar equipped is an additional fee and must be paid for prior to use. Tenant agrees not to tamper with pool heat controls or manipulate heater in any way. Pool heat shall not exceed 86 degrees. Tenant understands that the area surrounding pool and spa may not be fenced or secure. Tenant also understands and agrees to be responsible and liable and will pay Manager upon request for any damages that occur to the pool and spa and its support equipment through Tenants misuse and/or negligence.
31. SYSTEM(S) / FURNISHING / AMENITY FAILURES: In the event the rental unit sustains a failure of a system, including but not limited to water, sewer, septic, electrical, gas, plumbing, mechanical, appliances, heat pump, ventilating, pool, hot tub or other system or structural systems, furnishings or amenities, Manager will make a reasonable and prompt effort to repair or replace the failed system or equipment, and in such event, Tenant agrees to permit Manager or its service provider to have reasonable access to the property to inspect and make such repairs. Neither the property owner nor the Manager shall be liable to Tenant for damages, and no refunds will be given for such failures.
32. NOISE TRANSMISSION: Tenant is aware if Unit is located in a high density neighborhood, it is therefore subject to noise from nearby residences/businesses/traffic. If Unit has common walls, ceilings or floors, noise may travel between and cause disturbance to Tenant from other residences
33. UNFORESEEN OCCURRENCES: Manager does not accept liability for any loss or damage caused by but not limited to the following: weather conditions, natural disasters, pests, construction, acts of God, or other reasons beyond its control. There shall be no refunds of rents because of shortened stays or ruined expectations due to work and family emergencies, unavailability of any or all parts of the Unit, or any other reasons. It is highly recommend that Tenant considers the purchase of travel insurance.
34. SALE / LEASE OF PROPERTY: If unit is actively listed for sale or lease, Manager may notify guest to schedule and show property.
35. WAIVER OF LIABILITY: for spa, hot tub, Jacuzzi, whirlpool, pool, sauna, pond, etc. herein referred to as special feature. If so equipped, it is the tenant`s responsibility to learn about safety precautions, warning signs of water conditions, and safety procedures concerning swimming in or being around the special feature. Tenant understands that the area surrounding special feature is not fenced or secure, and there are special risks that may be involved for anyone, in particular children who are not carefully supervised, person(s) intoxicated, on any kinds of drugs or medication, with health risks, or if pregnant. Tenant agrees to explain the risks of the presence and use of the special feature to all guests at the property. Tenant agrees to instruct all guests on premises to not access any off-limit, or unsafe sections of the property including roof-tops. Tenant agrees to assume all responsibility for Tenant and other guests, for the consequences of those risks and to be fully and solely responsible for any accidents that may occur. Tenant agrees to waive any claim whatsoever against property owner or Manager for accidents or claims.
36. RESERVATIONS ARE NOT FULLY GUARANTEED: If for any reason, the Property is not available or becomes unavailable or uninhabitable for the reservation dates, every effort will be made to locate substitute accommodations. If the substituted property rents for more for the same period, or remaining period respectively, tenant will have the option to pay any additional charges or cancel the reservation within 72 hours of notification of Tenant by Manager. However, if the substitute property rents for less for the same period, the difference will be refunded to Tenant. In any event, the sole remedy for any perceived damages, liability, or inconvenience is a full refund of the rental amount upon Tenant cancellation. It is highly recommend that Tenant considers the purchase of travel insurance.
37. AGENCY: It is mutually understood and agreed that Manager is acting as Agent only for the property owner and has no liability to either party for the performance of any terms or covenant of this agreement. Furthermore, Tenant understands Manager is being compensated in this transaction by the property owner and is contractually obligated to protect the interest of same. Manager hereby discloses to Tenant that should the Tenant elect to purchase travel insurance protection or damage insurance through Manager, Manager may be compensated by provider(s) for cooperation in the transaction.
38. HOLD HARMLESS: The Tenants and Tenants` Guests shall hereby indemnify and hold harmless the Manager and property owner against any and all claims of personal injury, property damage or loss arising from use of the premises regardless of the nature of the accident, injury or loss. Tenants also expressly recognize that any insurance for property damage or loss which the Landlord may maintain on the property does not cover the personal property of Tenants, and that Tenants should purchase their own insurance if such coverage is desired.
39. ADDITIONAL TERMS AND CONDITIONS: The undersigned, for himself/herself, his/her heirs, assignors, executors, and administrators, fully releases and discharges Manager and Owner from any and all claims, demands and causes of action by reason of any injury or whatever nature which may have occurred to the undersigned, or any of his/her occupants or guests as a result of, or in connection with the occupancy of the premises and agrees to hold Manager and Owner free and harmless of any claim or suit arising there from. In any action concerning the rights, duties or liabilities of the parties to this agreement, their principals, agents, successors or assignees the prevailing party shall be entitled to recover reasonable attorney fees and costs.
40. WRITTEN EXCEPTIONS: Any exceptions to the above mentioned policies must be approved in writing by a Manager in advance.
41. DISPUTES: Any disputes under this Agreement shall be governed by and interpreted in accordance with the laws of the State of California. Any action relating to this Agreement shall be filed only in the San Diego County court in California in which county the Unit is located. Both parties consent to the exclusive venue and jurisdiction of such court. Tenant agrees to pay all reasonable costs, attorney`s fees and expenses that shall be made or incurred by Manager enforcing this agreement.