Our place is close to beach resorts, shops, restaurants, sea and authentic local lifestyle. You’ll love our place because of (distant) seaview from our private rooftop bar, privacy, lots of space, quite surroundings, large living room, private pool, fully equipped entertainment room (DVD, XBox, Wii, Netflix and karaoke system). It's safe as it is in a guarded and fenced community. My place is good for families (with kids) and the space is divided into two different houses, connected via a patio
You will see it by yourself; the best space on Mactan Island !
The house is grande and modern with lots of open space and different areas where guest can sit or roam around. All facilities to keep you and your family busy
Our house is located in a gated area with guard houses. It is built on an area of approx 450 m2 and consists of two main buildings connected by a large covered patio and a spacious garden.
The main house has two stories. You enter into a very large living room with a comfortable u-shape couch. Large smart / internet TV ( 60 inch). Brand new and high end kitchen with European appliances ( Bosch). Large dining table which comfortably sits 8 - 10 people. Three sliding doors give access to the private pool and covered patios with beach chairs ( 2), a seating area and a dining area ( 6) next to a small pond. There is also a guest bathrrom with toilet. Second floor of the main house has 4 bedrooms. Huge Masterbedroom has large ensuite bathroom ( rainshower, bathtub, double sinks) with walk-in closet and study. Two balconies.
Guestroom with queensize bed and foldable sofa bed. Two additional guestrooms: one with bunkbed and one with single (kids) bed and foldable sofabed. Both rooms have a TV and DVD, Bathroom with toilet and shower.
Pool is approx 11 meter long and 4 -6 meters wide. Starting with depth of 1 meter upto 2 meter at the end. PLEASE MAKE SURE YOU SUPERVISE THOSE WHO ARE NOT ABLE TO SWIM AS WE DO NOT HAVE A GATE AROUND THE POOL. Beautiful lights at night time.
The guesthouse has a fully equipped entertainment room with another flat screen TV (see elsewhere for details) and a separate additional bedroom / playroom
On the second floor are two large bedrooms, each with a queensize bed and a foldable sofa bed. Large bathroom. Each guestroom has sliding doors with a balcony
On the third floor is a roof top bar, partly covered, partly open air. It has a bar and a fridge plus some chairs and a table for your convenience. Distant seaview and mountain/city view opposite
Furthermore, in our covered garage, we have a brand new table tennis and dart. Plenty of parking space. Basketball ring opposite our main gate.
Think that is enough to keep you and your family busy ( at least it does does for our active family..... )
The main house plus separate guest house, private garden and swimming pool. All for yourself
We also have an entertainment room for Karaoke system,X Box One, DVD and Wii. Netflix via X Box. Also in the car park area, we have darts and a brand new table tennis set. Basketball ring opposite our garage. There is a great roof top bar with seaviews and mountain / city views
Brand new high-end and fully equipped kitchen
We have space for max 12 persons divided over 6 large bedrooms. If required, you can use a spare room in the groundfloor of the guesthouse with a sofa bed. So, we can accommodate 2 additional guests against an additional payment of PHP 1,000 per person per night
A true boutique style mini resort with lots of facilities !
Interaction with guests
Jane is our living in housekeeper. She is very trustworthy and with us since 2010. Jane will keep the house tidy and clean and this is included in the cleaning fee of Php 4,000
Jane is not cooking. She can do groceries for you though if your give her a clear shopping list.
Arrangements can made if you want Jane to wash your cloths during your stay for an additional cost of PHP 300 per wash (incl folding, no ironing)
You can contact us ( Metos and Frans) anytime via Jane.
Other things to note
Opposite the gate is a good swiss / italian restaurant
Their is a nice resort close to our house ( Best Western / Sand Bar) which has 2 good restaurants ( 15 mnts walk)
There are a number of Japanese and Korean restaurants in the area of the J-park hotel. All on the main road
Its about 15 mnts by taxi
Our local favorite is the floating restaurant "Lantau" in Cordova. Outside the gate takena right and go all the way straight until you cant go any further. About 10 mnts by car
Best / romantic restaurant in Mactan is in Shangri La, please ask for the one which is at the water front
Trendy lounge bar including whirlpool and great cocktails, tappas and cool music at " Ibiza" in Movenpick hotel, next door to Shangri la.
Plently of choice in all resorts; Blue Water, Plantation Bay, pacific cebu, cebu marine, movenpick, cordova village, coral reef
For those who cant life without it: there is a Mc Donalds in Mactan New Town and one in direction of the new bridge.
There is one Golf course on Mactan. A rather boring course on the old airport in the midst of a military camp !
There are 3 great courses on the main land:
1) Alta Vista (in Pardo (great sea views). At least 2 hours drive ( one way)
2) Banilad Country Club, most upmarket course in midst of Cebu city. About an hour
3) Alegrea in the North. About 3 hours one way !
There are a couple of shooting ranges around in the neighbourhood
Scubadiving and snorkling
All resorts offer diving and snorking trips
There are nunerous massage shops in Mactan. Most of them are in the area of the J Park resort. Close to our house is "Raf Raf". They also do home service . Please make a reservation way in advance. Jane can help out
The J-Park resort has a small casino
Island hopping, snorkling, diving
Most of the above mentioned resorts offer all these activities
- Max 12 guests as there are 6 bedrooms. We can accommodate 2 additional guests in a spare room with a foldable sofa bed for an extra payment of PHP 1,000 per person per night.
-No loud music or excessive noice after 10 pm as our house is located in a private sub division.
- No parties to be organized, including inviting outside guests.
- Please take note of fact that the house has a private swimming pool with NO fence. Toddlers who are not able to swim should be guarded by their parents at all times.
- Please lock the access door of the roof top bar AT ALL TIMES for small childeren if their is no adult supervision.
- due to the sub division rules , we are not able to accommodate groups of students
- No smoking ANYWHERE in the house and no pets.
You can smoke in the garden and roof top bar
- Jane is our living in helper and she will clean the house and she can help you out with buying groceries anywhere in Mactan. These services are included in the PHP 4,000 cleaning fee per stay. For other services such as washing cloth, there will be additional charges ( PHP 300 per wash and folding). She will not be able to cook for you or prepare breakfast.
- we have a Nespresso coffee machine with a milkfoamer for great coffees, lattees and capuchino. PLEASE BRING ALONG YOUR OWN NESPRESSO COFFEE PADS AS YOU CANT FIND THEM IN CEBU. Please see the picture of the machine and example of the coffee pads on the listing website.
- there is no cable / satellite channels. There are a number of TVs in the house, all with DVD players
This host has 11 reviews for other properties.View other reviews