About this listing
Casa Mariposa is close to Old Town LaQuinta ( great shopping, restaurants & more), hiking, walking & biking trails, golf, tennis, concerts.
Our large, private compound is appreciated for its tranquility, huge saltwater pool, spa & waterfall, large entertainment room, games, TVs, free WiFi, comfortable beds, air conditioned space, off-street parking, gas grill.
Our home is good for couples, solo adventurers, business travelers, families (with kids), big groups, and furry friends (pets).
As the driveway gate closes behind you, you enter a private retreat reminiscent of an old Mexican hacienda, but with modern comforts. Tall walls and trees offer complete privacy and security, without sacrificing views of nearby mountains.
With the push of a button, water cascades over stacked boulders into the huge saltwater pool, drowning out all other sounds, yielding immediate tranquility--and another button triggers the spa jets for your "water massage”. Exhale. Relax. Welcome to paradise!
Central hub of the home is the covered, outdoor patio, where a trickling fountain provides background “music”, and rustic wooden table & chairs invite gathering. Just a few steps away from the pool, always shaded, and with an overhead fan, it’s comfortable most days—and enchanting in the evenings with party lights for ambiance.
The over-sized master bedroom, with pool view, offers a restful sleep on a comfy king-sized bed. Spacious master bath features Roman tub and dual shower heads. Private guest room has queen-sized bed. Enormous great room with loft offers abundant entertainment and seating, along with a single sofa sleeper and single daybed --and in the loft, a queen and a full bed—and it’s own a/c unit.
• Walled, double-lot compound for total and spacious seclusion
• 2 electric driveway gates (remote controlled) for easy access
• Keyless entry to home for security and easy access
• Park 4-6* cars inside walled compound (*depending on size & parking angles)
• Limited street parking also available
• Large saltwater pool and spa with push-button remote control
• Waterfall with colored lights for evening enjoyment
• Large, outdoor covered patio w/party lights and fountain
• Propane gas outdoor BBQ grill
• Plentiful outdoor seating and chiminea fire pit
• Mountain views
• Fully furnished, including washer and dryer
• Dual zone air conditioners; ceiling fans throughout home
• Huge entertainment/great room that includes regulation pool table; treadmill & assorted exercise gear; ping pong; electronic darts; 60” TV with surround sound; game tables and lots of games; DVD/Blue Ray player and videos; electric keyboard and acoustic guitar
• Two bicycles and helmets
• Free WiFi
• FIOS cable TV
• Large master bedroom with 55” TV and desk unit
• Indoor dining room seats 6
• Convection oven/gas stove
• Dinner, cookware, tableware, basic pantry items included
• Landline phone with free continental US long distance
• Towels provided for bath and pool
Casa Mariposa is situated on a 1/4 acre private compound, with large salt-water swimming pool, spa and gardens. Guests have the entire space to themselves. Up to 5 or 6 cars can park within the gated walls of the property, providing ultimate security and privacy.
Interaction with guests
We are just a 5-minute drive away in case of problems or needs. Let us know if you need us. Otherwise, enjoy your privacy!
- We are not interested in hosting loud, party-oriented guests. (We are in a quiet neighborhood and want to be good neighbors.)
- Basic price is for up to 6 guests. Additional guests pay $50/person/night.
- Occupancy rules will be strictly enforced. Violators will be asked to leave and will forfeit their rent.
- Guests will be asked to sign our Rental Agreement upon confirmation of booking. Please request a copy to review.
- We are happy to accommodate early check-ins and late check-outs when possible (i.e., when it doesn't interfere with another guest). Please ask us if you are interested.
Cancel up to 5 days before your trip and get a full refund. Cancel within 5 days of your trip and the first night is non-refundable, but 50% of the cost for the remaining nights will be refunded.
No reviews (yet)
This home doesn’t have any reviews. If you stay here, your review will appear here.
We recently retired and moved to the quaint area of La Quinta Cove for its "natural" charm and rustic appeal. We love Old Mexico, and this house takes us back to some of our most treasured travel destinations there. We want to share it with those who desire that "rustic comfort" experience. Every attempt has been made to enhance that feeling for our guests.