About this listing
Our neighborhood, Decatur, has a small-town feel despite being located ITP (inside the perimeter). Your private bedroom is just minutes from downtown Decatur and a short drive to downtown Atlanta, Stone Mountain, or the airport.
You will have your own private bedroom and bathroom in our home. Your room has a comfortable full-sized bed, a desk/vanity and plenty of floor space. You are welcome to use the closet for any of your clothes. Additionally, fresh towels, toiletries, and an iron are located in the closet.
The bathroom is attached to a shared hallway (it is not directly connected to the guest room), but you will have exclusive access to the guest bath during your stay.
Make yourself at home! You are welcome to use our living room sitting area and TV ( Netflix, HBOgo, and DVD/blu-ray player available), kitchen, and dining room at any time during your stay. We keep coffee and tea in the guest room and granola bars, oatmeal, and fruit in the kitchen for you. Feel free to enjoy any of our board games or puzzles, which are located up the stairs.
We also have a great little home gym in our garage, outfitted with a power rack, two benches, a barbell, various dumbbells, and bands. You are welcome to use the gym, but you do so at your own risk. Feel free to ask us for workout ideas or tips. Also, please rerack your weights!
Interaction with guests
If we are hanging out in the common living space, you are welcome to join and interact with us! We also understand that some guests prefer privacy and we will gladly stay out of your way if you would like a quieter stay.
We have two great terrier pups. The dogs do not have access to the guest room or bathroom, but you may encounter them in the common living areas. They do like to warn us when guests arrive by barking but trust us, they are very friendly. Do not be afraid to tell them "DOWN" or "OUT" if they get too friendly.
- We kindly ask you contact for availability before booking to ensure your room will be available, ready and clean.
- Please schedule beforehand for check-in and check-out times.
- Have a pet? Should be no problem, but please ask us first.
- To ensure we keep our floors squeaky clean, please remove your shoes in the house.
- Please keep the front door closed to prevent our little escape artists (dogs) from running away.
- Please keep your belongings in your private room and bathroom, and the doors closed, to prevent the dogs from going through your stuff.
- We are happy to share our weight-lifting equipment with our guests, but please understand you may only use it at your own risk.
- To keep our electric bill, please switch lights and fans off when not in use.
- You're welcome to smoke outside as long as you put your butts in the trash.
- We are okay with drinking but do not allow illegal substances in the house.
- Please keep things on the quieter side after 9PM. We'll be sure to return the favor.
About the home
When you stay in an Airbnb, you’re staying in someone’s home.