This is a shared room in a very large 4 bedroom apartment. The apt has 2 other co-ed shared rooms. Our apartment is very close to the University of Chicago, Obama's house, and the Subway. My wife and I are friendly, helpful and offer great service at an affordable price. The indoor and outdoor space is always clean, quiet & peaceful. The neighborhood is quiet, peaceful and safe.
Our apartment is pretty simple, but clean, quiet and peaceful.
My wife and I are very friendly and outgoing and committed to offering exceptional service at an affordable price.
The apartment is located in an upscale neighborhood that's clean, quiet, peaceful and very safe; There is lots of free street parking just around the corner.
Though we are fairly new at hosting, travelers from dozens of countries have selected our place. They have all loved staying with us and have given us a 4.8 Star rating for overall satisfaction with their stay with us.
I'm sure you will be happy with your stay with us too if you are open, friendly and enjoy meeting people from around the world.
Our apartment has the open concept design, which means the kitchen, dining room, and living room are all one big room. In addition to your private room, you'll have access to this space and the shared bathrooms. If you need to wash clothes, we also have a washer and dryer in the basement.
Interaction with guests
My wife and I both work full-time jobs and therefore only home during the evening hours, Monday through Friday. if you have an urgent matter during these times you can call or text us. On the weekends, we are also pretty busy. We look forward to connecting with you when we can.
Other things to note
Check-In is between 5 and 8pm by appointment. Please let us know the time you plan to arrive and we will arrange to be home when you arrive that works for both of us. Though we do make special check-In exceptions at times, it mostly does not work if you need to check-In at a time later than mid-night.
When you arrive in Chicago, call me or my wife at lease 45 minutes befour you arrive to re-confirm your check-In time. When you are about 10 minutes away from the apartment, please call again. Please do not ring the buzer when you arrive, just call to announce your arrival.
License or registration number
Learn about this number
Providing a Quiet, Peaceful and Safe environment are benefits we want every guest to experience. Please follow these guidelines to help make is so.
Drugs and Alcohol
Please give the utmost respect to our home environment. If you think there is a chance that you might use drugs, drink heavily or come in and out during very late hours of the night while we are hosting you, then please book with another host. Thank you for understanding.
Note: Our neighbors have made complaints about our guest playing loud music and loitering outside the building and throwing cigarette buts on the ground. Please avoid these activities. Please honor the cleanliness, peace, and quiet of the neighborhood. Do not hang out in front of near the building. Thank you.
When you arrive to check in, do not ring any buzzer. Call us 5 to 10 minutes before you arrive and we will come out to greet you.
To maintain a clean and pleasant environment for everyone, please follow these simple guidelines.
1. Please remove your shoes upon entering the space.
2. Clean up after yourself every time, immediately. After using a dish, please rinse it immediately and put it in the dishwasher.
For your comfort and convenience, each guest will be given a set of three clean and fresh towels.
3. Return your set of dirty towels to the host to get another set.
4. So other guests do not have to wait very long, please limit showers to 10 minutes during morning hours.
5. After showering, please wipe and clean the bathroom tub, sink, and floors after every use. If you wash your hair in the sink, clean the sink immediately.
6. After brushing teeth, make sure there is no toothpaste spatter on the mirror.
Quiet Time Hours
Please observe Quiet Time Hours and follow these guidelines as closely as possible to prevent disturbing others.
1. Quiet Time Hours are from 9:30pm to 7:30am
2. Please absolutely avoid any activity that causes even a moderate amount of noise. In our apartment, noise tends to echo throughout the unit.
3. Please whisper if you need to talk.
4. Use ear phones if you need to watch movies or listen to music.
5. Avoid slamming or closing doors loudly
6. Walk quietly. Some floors make a cracking noise
7. Avoid stumping your feet when you walk.
8. When moving things around, pay close attention to the slightest amount of noise. It will most likely disturb the sleep of others.
9. Avoid running water for more than a few minutes.
Please do not invite additional guests, who are not in your check in group, without permission.
In summary, do not do anything that will likely disturb the quiet and peace of other guests. Thank you so much for honoring our home by following these guidelines. Our intent is that you and all our guests have a pleasant, quiet and peaceful stay.
This host has 230 reviews for other properties.View other reviews
My wife and I, Jessie, are Teachers of Transcendental Meditation, TM. We have been teaching TM in urban schools around the country for 10 years. I enjoy travel, meeting new and interesting people and taking on new and challenging situations. I am a problem solver by instinct.
I am a life-long practitioner of meditation and committed to the Spiritual goal of Self-mastery and inspiring others along that same path.
This is my first experience with Airbnb and I love the idea of it.