This renovated basement studio under my lovely Victorian boasts comfort and privacy in vibrant North Oakland. It comfortably fits two, though there's room for up to 4 with the couch and a floor mattress, and it is located on a quiet block, close to freeways and public transportation.
This studio basement apartment is renovated with a new, fully-equipped kitchen. It has a private entrance and is comfortable and cozy.
Guests have access to the side and back yards, and have free wifi. The apartment is under the main house, and guests do not have access to the main house.
Interaction with guests
My partner Dane and I live right upstairs with our three teenage daughters, two dogs, and a cat. While I prefer not to intrude and mostly leave guests to themselves, we are always available to answer any questions or concerns that may arise during your stay. We are happy to offer recommendations!
Other things to note
1) The entrance to the apartment is funky-- you need to go through a dim, LOW ENTRYWAY (duck!) and then into the basement. Once you are in the apartment, you will be dazzled by the comfort and cheer!
2) This is an old house, and we are right above you. Noise carries in old houses! You will definitely hear our footsteps and pawsteps. You may hear our daughter singing show tunes.
3) Our big friendly dog loves people. Our little one can be more skittish and might bark but warms up quickly. You may meet them in the back yard when you enter and leave. Our pets are not allowed in your apartment, but if you are highly allergic, it's probably not the best fit.
4) The apartment is not child-proofed, but there aren't a lot of dangers and kids are welcome. I can provide comfy folding futon-type mats and bedding for up to two extra people.
5) If you are booking the apartment for someone else, please share the link to this listing with them so they can see it and understand the rules. For instance, you may like dogs but your parents may not. Remember that if your friend smokes in the apartment or breaks other rules, I will be writing about that in your review if you booked the apartment on their behalf.
There is no smoking at all in the apartment (outside is ok), and no candles (fire hazard) or incense (carries right up to us). Sorry, but no pets please. Because we are right upstairs, we ask that you be mindful of noise after 10pm.
This host has 5 reviews for other properties.View other reviews
A native of Oberlin, OH, I've lived in CA for the last 27 years. For the past sixteen I've made the North Oakland neighborhood of Longfellow my home, and I think it's a mighty special place. My boyfriend and I live with our three teenaged girls, two dogs, and one cat.