Your zen. Enjoy the beauty of Costa Rica from your own quiet oasis. Far enough from town but a short 5 minute drive to Playa Hermosa restaurants. Escape if you'd like, keep in touch if you want with complimentary wifi. Private perfect for a getaway.
Guests will have access to the entire property. The house is enclosed by a 7+ foot concrete wall to ensure privacy.
Guests don't have access to washer and dryer on the premises. The reason for this is to ensure your comfort. If there are too many electrical demands on the house at the same time, the power will shut off. It will remain off until Costa Rican utility companies can turn power back on. Unlike the United States, the washer and dryer can't be used at the same time, especially if the AC is on. We would have for you and your guests to sit in a house without power and Wifi for an undetermined amount of time.
While we love to have fun and hope you do too we kindly ask that you treat our home as if it were you own home.
Our property manager/ concierge, Roxana, can be on site in minutes. She speaks English and Spanish. She supervises the home and is the point person during your stay. Feel free to contact us at any time with questions. We want your stay to be fun, safe, and memorable!
Below are house rules that ensure the safety of our guests and home. If any of these rules are broken, we reserve the right to cancel your reservation immediately without a refund.
Thanks again and ENJOY!
1) Geckos, iguanas and other small creatures share the living space. Please treat them with respect and they won't bother you.
2) No candles or fireworks.
3) No smoking indoors. Absolutely no illegal drugs.
4) Absolutely NO prostitution.
4) Turn off lights, AC and fans once you leave the space.
5) No parties. No more than 8 people at the house, including guests.
6) When leaving the property all A/C units *must be turned off*. I try to keep my rates reasonable but people do not take into consideration the extremely expensive electricity the utilities charge in Costa Rica. If the usage rate goes over the normal usage, I will charge the difference in the bill. This will happen only on an extreme basis. The difference it can make in a week on the utilities bill by taking the extra steps to turn off the A/C when not in use is about 70% more. Costa Rica has a Tier use system that is set very low because many homes in Costa Rica do not have air condition. A house that has 4 A/C units is considered a luxury.
7) Pool and waterfall are set on a timer and are not to be touched. The pool house will be locked. There is no lifeguard on duty. Please ensure the safety of all swimmers.
8) No wet bathing suits or clothes on any of the indoor furniture, hang wet towels and suits in the bathroom or outside but not on the indoor furniture.
9) Beware of improper trash disposal. Ants and other critters will swarm around crumbs of food. Please throw trash at the main trash site on the main road to the left of the entrance.
10) Enjoy and make memories!
Side-note: We require the names and ages of all guests.
-lost key fee each time lost $100
-locked out/misplaced key fee per lock out $50
-broken/ damaged items vary according to item
-lost ice chest $100
Our property manager will be available for emergencies and urgent matters. She is also available for a fee to perform concierge services, laundry, grocery store runs, just run it past her and she will be able to help you.
My husband and I love to travel! Our first AirBnB experience was in Bali, Indonesia. We had such an amazing experience, we wanted to share our little bit of paradise! Our home means so much to us because it's a place for friends to gather and memories to be made. We actually met in the backyard years ago at a BBQ. We're good people and expect the same from our guests.