Welcome to the historic centre of Avignon! Our comfortable town house is located in a remarkably quiet street inside the walls of Avignon. The entire house has been renovated, with a modern kitchen and bathroom, but retains its old world character.
In the old town of Avignon (Unesco listed), inside the walls, 10 minutes drive from the TGV station, you can access the house by car. The street is really quiet though it is in the city center and 200 metres from cafes and restaurants. Free parking outside the wall (less than 10 minutes walking distance). Free shuttle from the car park if you don't feel like walking. Or parking space in the streets nearby (around 3 euros per hour, free at night).
In the neighborhood, boutiques, theatres and numerous cafes and restaurants for a typical Provencal lifestyle. This townhouse has the advantage of being located in a quiet street in a lively area.
Endless possibilities for excursions and discoveries (both walking distance and by car). The house is located in the Pope's palace quarter (14th century) and only 100 metres from the wall where you can take the ferry to bike on the island Barthelasse.
Ground floor living area with leather sofa and original 1920's armchairs next to the open kitchen. The kichen is equipped with the essentials (nespresso machine is an essential of course). Bathroom with walk in shower and toilets. Quality Bed and bathroom linen included for a comfortable stay.
1st floor : bedroom 1 (queen size bed), bedroom 2 (double bed)
2nd floor : bedroom 3 (double bed comfortable sofa bed) and laundry in the attic. The bedding in every room is good quality to offer you a good night's sleep after your day excursions. Each room has plenty of storage so you don't have to live out of your suitcase.
The house has been renovated recently keeping the tradition with local material (stone floor, timber door…) and modern comfort (free wifi, flat screen tv, dishwasher…).
Upon your arrival, you'll find a guide with the best advice on what to do and where to eat like the locals!
Please ask us for more information.
Please note that during the festival (July), traffic will be restricted from 1pm to 2am in the old city.
We will be very pleased to welcome you to our townhouse and want you to feel right at home. At the same time, we hope that you will remember that it is our home too, so we ask that you please respect the following common sense rules:
- Take out the garbage and do the washing up before you leave. Clean dishes can be left in the dishwasher if you check-out before it finishes.
- Avoid making noise that could disturb the neighbours after 10pm.
- Do not smoke inside the house and please do not leave rubbish, paper or cigarette butts outside the front door
- Do not use the apartment for commercial purposes.
- Be careful to avoid marking floors by dragging furniture or other items. Please clean up any spills straight away to prevent stains. In particular, the lovely travertine floor in the kitchen and bathroom needs to be treated with a little more care than a normal tile or vinyl floor
- Before leaving the apartment, check to make sure you have all your belongings, close all windows and ensure that all lights, heaters and taps are turned off.
- Please avoid using candles in the house
- Please don't cut directly on the bench top - the chopping boards are never far away.
We hope you will love staying at our place as much as we enjoy living in it !