My home is close to Downtown Mountain View (a plethora of excellent dining), Light Rail, Caltrain, multiple major Silicon Valley businesses (see detailed description for a list), Shoreline Amphitheater, Levi Stadium as well as several major highways. You’ll love my place because of the location, the ambiance, the people, the cats... My place is good for couples, solo adventurers, and business travelers.
The room features a queen bed with cotton sheets and pillows. You will have your own bathroom with standing shower and hand selected toiletries. There is a small desk & chair as well as a comfy place to sit and read. While there is no kitchen access included, there is a microwave, electric kettle, toaster, cone style coffee maker and small refrigerator for simple meals, coffee and tea. Regular and decaf coffee, a great selection of teas as well as utensils, cups, glasses, plates and bowls are provided.
You will have reliable internet access and a 32" flat screen TV available for streaming Amazon, Netflix, etc. There is no cable TV or local channel access.
There is a nice patio area available for our guests to enjoy in addition to the master suite. Access to the patio and yard are through the main living area.
Interaction with guests
Silicon Valley can be hectic, but coming in my front door is not. I look forward to meeting you and helping you feel comfortable during your stay! I'm happy to help you find your way around.
Other things to note
I share my home with two well groomed cats who have some access to the room when it is not occupied with guests. You are free to enjoy their company or restrict their access when you are renting the room. However, if you have allergies to cats, this would not be an ideal situation for you.
- The cats are indoor cats that are very curious about the outdoors. Please be extra careful not to let them out.
- We are a "shoes off" household. Please remove your shoes at the door and leave them on the shelf or carry them to your room.
- Daily housekeeping is limited to checking for dirty dishes and removing the trash. I keep a clean and tidy house and would appreciate if you would do the same while you are staying in the room. Your cleaning fee is to cover the cost of cleaning when you check out so there is no need to make the bed when you leave or tidy up when you leave.
- Quiet hours are between 11 pm and 8 am. Please be mindful of your voice volume, take early morning calls outside the house, and keep the volume on the TV and electronic devices low or use headphones.
- If something in the room is in your way or you feel the need to alter the space, please ask before doing so. Also, while you are welcome to use what is provided in the space during your stay, please do not take it out of the house with you. If you need something to take out of the house, please ask and I will do my best to help you out.
- The living area and kitchen of the home are not shared spaces.
- Out of respect for your host and other guests who are sensitive to scents, please avoid the use of strong cologne or perfume inside the house.
- If you are expecting a guest during your stay, please inform your host in advance and entertain them in your room rather than the common areas of the house.
- During the winter months, the house is kept at 68 degrees during the day and 62 at night. Please bring light layers and socks to ensure your comfort.
- During the summer months we are subject to the occasional heatwave. The house is not air conditioned. The room has a ceiling fan and a floor fan for your comfort.
Originally from the East Coast, I settled in the Bay Area in 1999. After working in the tech industry for a few years I left my job to follow my passion for teaching Moving Meditation (a mindfulness based movement practice called the Open Floor - as a path for self awareness, stress reduction and living an embodied life. I have a small private practice where I support clients with their individual journey through trauma, stress related challenges and being more at home in their bodies. I share my home with two quirky Maine Coons who allow me to serve them on a daily basis.