About this listing
My place is close to great views, restaurants and dining, family-friendly activities, and nightlife. You’ll love this setting with the people, the ambiance, the outdoor spaces,the neighborhood, and the light. It's so great for couples, solo adventurers, business travelers, families (with kids), big groups, and furry friends (pets).
Everyone says how special it feels. It's seven minutes from town, so you really feel like you've gotten away from the hustle and bustle, but can return to it at any time! People say they feel "held" and "safe" here. It's a wonderful place to be.
The kitchen rustico, (simple kitchen with bamboo cupboards, propane stove and much-needed utensils) is available for guests. Bathroom and tub, heated from the glorious sun. Outside horno (wood oven) for your use. The land is available to walk upon, with several hikes nearby. Internet and taxis available.
Interaction with guests
I interract with you as much as you need, to provide ideas, help with taxi rides, best restaurants, etc... I am a quiet person who gardens and meditates, walks my dogs, and am always ready to help. I teach tai chi and yoga in town if you'd like to come to class!
Other things to note
Just let me know how I can help! Calling taxis, finding good places to walk amd eat, and locating the artisans in town!
- You can smoke outdoors, but please don't leave cigarette butts laying around.
- Help keep Vilca Retreat beautiful!
- Communicate any needs to your host or hostess.
- Make sure that if you are cooking, you clean up after yourselves.
- Have fun, but also keep others in mind and be polite. Some have come here to heal.
- Make sure to pet Tiko and Toto, the dogs, at least once a day :)
- Ecuador is a place that is very aware of its environment and very respectful of nature. Help preserve the quiet by respecting the wildlife, turning off lights when not needed, lighting efficient fires to burn paper, keeping music low at night and being aware of the other guests need for privacy.
Thanks for staying with Vilca Retreat!
Cancel up to 7 days before your trip and get a 50% refund. Cancel within 7 days of your trip and the reservation is non-refundable.
This host has 72 reviews for other properties.View other reviews
I am excited to announce that I have several possibilities for travelers in this wonderful retreat here in magical Vilcabamba! A single cottage with outdoor propane cooking, rooms in the retreat center, or hanging tents for travelers. I offer yoga, reiki, tai chi or massage in town as a certified instructor, andoffer my eleven-year experience with raw and living foods to create fruit, vegetable salads, smoothies, green drinks or home-made ecuadorian food for you if yoiu'd like to pre-order breakfast. I also share my love for birds in this bird sanctuary, my love of my dogs and yours, and many various walks and hikes.I water and work the garden, and may be found meditating in any of several secret hideouts around the place.