This historic Grade II listed semi-detached property sits in Snowdonia National Park, below Dolwyddelan Castle built by Llywelyn Fawr. There are wood and slate floors throughout and a lovely half panelled lounge for relaxing in. There’s a fantastic large lawned garden, perfect for kids to run off energy!
Deceptively spacious atmospheric cottage ideal for larger families or groups in an idyllic rural setting with a lovely private garden and stunning views of the Lledr valley.
Private off road parking for 3 cars.
On prior request, secured indoor storage for bikes, kayaks and outdoor gear is available.
Private lawned garden with sitting-out area and furniture + Barbecue.
Interaction with guests
We are available to welcome guests on arrival but do not live on site so privacy is always guaranteed.
Other things to note
We offer free unlimited wi-fi for guests and can provide advice on mountain walks, attractions, villages and landscapes to visit - as local Welsh speaking owners we have first hand extensive experience of the area. Want to learn Welsh, the oldest living language in Europe? We can help. Just ask.
Guests and children especially should not venture over the garden walls to the Tanycastell stream running beside the cottage.
Towels are only provided for weekly stays otherwise please bring your own. We can provide upon request for an additional charge.
If guests wish to make fires during their stay; coal, firelighters and kindling can be purchased from the Spar shop in the village. The firewood has not been seasoned and will leave a residue in the chimney stack walls.
No smoking indoors.
Before departure guests are kindly asked to:
1. Remove bed linen and pillow cases (but not mattress and pillow protectors).
2. Turn down the thermostat outside the main bathroom to zero.
3. Take the wheelie bin to the top of the driveway for refuse collection.
4. Return the key to the outside wall mounted key safe.
5. Dispose of all recyclable materials from the blue stacked boxes to the village recycle bank next to the train station opposite the primary school (bear left past the Spar shop at the village crossing and head over the bridge and bear left).
From Jun 1 - Aug 31, 2018 the minimum stay is 7 nights.
This host has 9 reviews for other properties.View other reviews