An acre; with lawns & sweeping rural views. Seek the warmth and charm of the Mediterranean Beaches, within the budget of a kiwi.
Events: the ASB Kerikeri walk/run half marathon & street party Sat 18th Nov.
The indoor out door flow is very special and the charm of the country side is abundant in this home, close to all top class restaurants, and a lake and golf...
Optional: White linen (500 thread count pure cotton sheets), towels, pillow choices, white duvets.
Welcome to my home. Please clean up as you found it, and vacuum clean. Dirty washing on the kitchen floor or bathroom floor. No linen used, and the home is as clean as you found it in, no cleaning fee. (No fingerprints on any glass and dishes done, vacuumed).
Peace and charm, I often sit on the deck in the pouring rain and write or read.
The roof on the deck leaks a water fall (had it fixed twice to no avail), so please never leave the upholstered chairs out or shift the treadmill, it will be safe and dry right where it is. Dining chairs last upholstered yesterday 18th May 2017. Ugh.
Meander around 5000m2 of grounds, which have just had 101 native trees planted, no bigger than knee-high for now, but soon - they will be giants. Kauri, Totara, Pohutakawa, and Tariere, as well as white, red and yellow Kowai. All plants for the future, all for the wood pigeons and Tuis.
Recommendations for dinner: Food at WharePuke for the best steaks, reservations required and ooh so many other treats...
Jimmy Jack Ribs is a Rib Shack over in Paihia, no reservation required. Approx 22 minutes drive away.
Feel free to meander the grounds at your pleasure. I wrote a book after I had my stroke of how to get on with my life, and this is my income stream. How I survived my stroke. My book if interested is on Amazon, just write in my name and search for it. Karen Wisse. Please feel free to contact me.
Prior to my stroke I was commuting to Whangarei, or Auckland for work. Long hours. So short story: pay for life insurance and income protection. You never know what happens next!
I potter in the garden and have just planted over 100 really small trees, all natives to induce more bird life into the garden, please admire the garden and enjoy it. With my stroke, I chose small easy to plant trees, they are really small. Just my size to plant, and we all must start somewhere right. Please don't squash them. Half didn't survive the last year, but half did. So that's great.
I can give you the tour if you want one, and if I'm in the neighbourhood.
The sheds and garage, which is now a converted studio apartment, are out of bounds please respect my privacy.
Interaction with guests
Please schedule if you need a tour at check in. All guests will have my contact details, any issues and I can have them dealt with as required, burst or broken what nots I can have someone onsite within a few hours.
If you want to know more about a midline stroke, my speech is back to 95% and I am happy to discuss it.
Other things to note
No wifi supplied. None unless you bring it with you as cellphone data. I can only get a rural 12 month contract for $80 per month and I can't afford that.
Vodafone has the strongest signal, but cell phone reception is best on the deck and will fade in and out if you walk and talk. I use my cellphone for my modem, and often work on the deck from home. With cheese. And sliced meats, and pickles... we have great delicatessens in Kerikeri! And Bakeries. And Restaurants, in case cooking isn't your thing.
- Clean up as you found it, check out is at 10am, that gives me a few hours to get ready, and switch the sheets for clean ones, and replace the dirty towels for clean ones, check the place and fix or repair anything so please give me the heads up if there are issues or needs that I can assist you with.
- Functions, group bonding can be negotiated at a higher rate to cover resources, it's all about risk and water restrictions and waste/rubbish management. Water tank water supply, rain fed.
- Rain water tanks, so please restrict your showers to ten minutes each. Drinking water in New Zealand is called Potable water. Potable Kitchen Tap water is filtered twice from Rain water, toilet is irrigation water, as are outside hoses, it's not filtered; so it's great for plants, but not great for humans, use the kitchen tap and you'll be fine.
* Fire ban and Drought conditions currently, so veggies may not be evident, just checked now, looking a tad wilted. No outside fires at all, that's what a fire ban means. PS that means if you are driving a rental, don't park a hot car over dry grass - that may catch fire and your may be faced with a huge rural fire bill.
Please see that the rubbish bin is emptied each Friday morning, or put out on Thursday night, or take your trash with you. The Waste management rubbish bin is collected on Fridays at the main highway road curb, from 7.30 am. Not the gate, not the end of the driveway, but on the main State Highway 10 (which is about 100 mtrs from the home, not too far at all).
A rubbish charge will be incurred if the trash isn't removed from the property.
I do the lawn mowing and gardening Thursdays from 10 am, or when the place is vacant and I have the time; and I would appreciate a text or phone call if you have any issues or need anything replaced or repaired or have suggestions, you can also leave me a note.
Please - Report all damages, I will check them each time I change the sheets and towels.
- The rubbish wheelie bin needs to go out at 7.30 am every Friday Morning by the main road not at the entrance to the driveway. This is up to you. You can do it the night before of course.
- No cigarette butts to be flicked or hidden or trashed anywhere except thoroughly put out and placed in the bin, not on the lawns, not in the gardens, not in the creek, none in the gardens please, none in the woodwork of the deck. None squashed on the driveway gravel. I don't appreciate littering, and cleaning penalties will apply.
Stroke survivor. Always remember to pay your medical and income protection insurance. Wrote a book, whilst I figure it out. (First I gave everything away, then I rented my home to awful people who wrecked it, then I took it back and fixed it).