About this listing
We are an off grid, solar powered working farm five minutes from Karangahake Gorge, Waikino / Waitawheta with a beautiful yurt for guests to stay in. Our back gate opens on to one of NZ's most popular nature spots with bush walks, waterfalls and river swimming right here. We are 5 min drive away from the Hauraki Rail Trail or 25 minutes from the surf beaches.
Our yurt would be ideal for solo adventurers, couples who want to try glamping or families that want to spend time in nature.
Our farmstay is 5 minutes away from the stunning Karangahake Gorge. Our 6 metre yurt style is modern retro, bohemian and quirky - a unique glamping experience. Staying in a yurt is a beautiful experience, you will feel so at home amongst nature.
We have 10 hectares of meadows and native bush, and we invite you to be a part of our solar powered, earth loving lifestyle.
The yurt includes a super king size bed, a double sofa bed and then mattresses that we can pull out for kids/ guests. The beautiful, sustainably built bathroom is off the deck and includes a bio-toilet that is reset between each booking and hot shower. Self-contained, covered kitchenette with everything you need minus a fridge. (We provide a cool box and ice!)
You will get a key to our back gate which takes you immediately on to Conservation land and the many beautiful walks of the Karangahake Gorge, and even the Kaimai Ranges if you are keen for a real mission! Sit out on the deck and watch the sunset on the mountain, watch the galaxy of stars appear over your head as the native ruru and glowworms make an appearance.
This is especially suitable for families as we are a family run farm with lots of kids! However we do ask you to keep an eye on your little ones as this is a working farm and we wouldn't want any tiny little ones exploring right off the side of the deck!
The public parts of the farm and forest are all clearly marked, and we welcome you to explore these areas.
Interaction with guests
This guest yurt is 15 metres away from our big yurt which is our home, so we are on hand to help you out if you need us - however, more than happy to leave you in peace!
If we are around and you have children we would love to take you on the farm rounds to feed the ducks and collect the eggs and check on the calves and goats. We will point you in the right direction for the world famous tunnels, waterfalls and swimming spots. We will try and be sensitive to your needs and what you would like.
Other things to note
We have a kayak you can borrow for a paddle in the river.
We have a selection of basic bikes you can borrow- including a tandem bmx and mini half penny cycle!
We have lots of little place to play, including a little fairy dell with painted mushroom seats, lots of rope swings, a slide that comes out of a tree and toys for the kids.
WIFI is available but please no streaming. We can charge laptops and other digital equipment during sunlight hours.
If the meadows are muddy (after weeks of rain - not too likely in the summer!) we ask guests to park at the start of the meadow which leaves a 60 metre walk to the yurt. We will help with luggage if that happens.
-Our wifi is limited to two hours a day - we will figure out together the most suitable time for you. It's rural wifi too so every so often, when you need to do something really important really urgently, it slows down. Gah!
- We try to be as earth-loving as possible so ask that guests use the eco dishwash and eco shampoo that we provide.
- We have goats, cows, ducks and chickens and are totally happy for guests to help us feed them, but do ask that guests don't scare or chases our animals.
- We have 10 hectares of land, farm and bush, we provide a map of available places but do ask that guests respect the zones marked as private.
- We are a family farm so ask that guests keep the noise down after 10pm and save the parties for another spot.
- If smokers could just keep it on the deck that'd be awesome.
- We do a pro clean inbetween guests but do ask that people tidy up after themselves, dishes etc.
- Pets are welcome, we have a little bearded lab that would love to meet them, owner must make sure they don't hang out on the furniture or and must keep them on a leash so they don't chase our free range chickens and ducks.
Cancel up to 7 days before your trip and get a 50% refund plus service fees back.