We are an off grid, solar powered working farm five minutes from Karangahake Gorge, Waikino / Waitawheta with a beautiful yurt for guests to stay in. Our back gate opens on to one of NZ's most popular nature spots with bush walks, waterfalls and river swimming right here. We are 5 min drive away from the Hauraki Rail Trail or 25 minutes from the surf beaches.
Our yurt would be ideal for solo adventurers, couples who want to try glamping or families that want to spend time in nature.
-Our wifi is limited to two hours a day - we will figure out together the most suitable time for you. It's rural wifi too so every so often, when you need to do something really important really urgently, it slows down. Gah!
- We try to be as earth-loving as possible so ask that guests use the eco dishwash and eco shampoo that we provide.
- We have goats, cows, ducks and chickens and are totally happy for guests to help us feed them, but do ask that guests don't scare or chases our animals.
- We have 10 hectares of land, farm and bush, we provide a map of available places but do ask that guests respect the zones marked as private.
- We are a family farm so ask that guests keep the noise down after 10pm and save the parties for another spot.
- If smokers could just keep it on the deck that'd be awesome.
- We do a pro clean inbetween guests but do ask that people tidy up after themselves, dishes etc.
- Pets are welcome, we have a little bearded lab that would love to meet them, owner must make sure they don't hang out on the furniture or and must keep them on a leash so they don't chase our free range chickens and ducks.
Cancel up to 7 days before your trip and get a 50% refund. Cancel within 7 days of your trip and the reservation is non-refundable.