Enjoy the authentic Air BnB experience. Quiet, single, cosy room overlooking back gardens. Cabin bed, storage beneath & chest of drawers. Shower-bath up 3 small flights stairs sometimes shared with another guest. Fresh linen, towels supplied. Ideal for short work or sightseeing trips. Tea or coffee in the morning.
Portobello & Golborne Rds markets, cafés, 2 mns away.
This peaceful single room is ideal for visiting academics, researchers, work trips, experienced travellers. Your allocated space is part of my home: me and my partner are not hoteliers, so we are unable to provide extras such as newspapers and room service. We do not accommodate children.
Fresh sheets and towels provided. Tea or coffee in the morning.
Cat lover preferable since an Abyssinian cat lives on the premises. If you don’t want her going in to your room, please shut the door.
Please confirm arrival time between 10am-8pm.
- Wifi is available free of charge if you bring your laptop.
- Bed linen is put on for you and towels are supplied, all are clean.
- I can provide a shelf in the fridge in the kitchen for snacks but no heavy cooking.
- You are welcome to use the washing machine if you are staying longer than 7 days.
- Bathroom shared with one other person (flatmate).
- French spoken.
- one set of keys provided (replacement cost 90GBP)
- I only accept people who have verified accounts. Please add a short description and clear photo to your profile (if you haven't already) before messaging: this is my home and I like to know a little about the guest who might be staying in it.
- Private roof terrace with a small table and chairs which is lovely if you like having breakfast in the open air.
- For those staying for longer than 7 days, a cleaner can hoover and change the bed linen on Saturday afternoon, if required.
- A Key Security Deposit of £20 in cash is payable on arrival, refunded upon return of keys on departure.
Interaction with guests
- I work from home and am out at meetings too, so am not available much.
- Happy to answer questions, plse text if out.
- Shared open-plan living room/dining-kitchen, with TV.
- Recommended read for local info: 'Inside Notting Hill' by Miranda Davies and Sarah Anderson.
Other things to note
If you have a pre-existing medical condition, or a medical condition you are aware of but for which you have not had a diagnosis, please ensure you have full insurance cover and be up front and honest about it when asking to book the room.
- NO SMOKING IN THE ROOM OR THE FLAT.
- WHEN YOU GO OUT, PLSE LOCK BOTTOM LOCK ON BOTH FLAT AND STREET DOORS AT ALL TIMES.
- NO GUESTS, GROUPS OF PEOPLE, OR PARTIES.
- No food or takeaways in the room.
- Only shower for 5 minutes, there is not an unlimited supply of hot water!
- Please leave the room and communal areas in the condition you found them.
- Keep the room and the furniture, paintings, books etc in a good clean state and immediately report any breakages or other problems.
- Please do not tamper with heating and boiler settings.
- Please bring your own toiletries and anything else that you may want to use as none of these will be provided.
- Towels are NOT to be taken outside the duplex to be used at the gym, sauna, spa etc. Please bring your own for those uses.
- Heater in the room to be turned on and off at the wall only.
Arrival time (w/e & weekdays): 9 am - 8pm / Check out time (w/e & weekdays): 1pm latest.
This host has 52 reviews for other properties.View other reviews
London-based Francophile with a cosmopolitan background; freelance publishing professional; hospitable and independent; owner of an abyssinian cat who keeps the mice away.
Me and my partner Ben enjoy travelling when we get the time. Our most memorable trips so far have been to Turkey, Mexico and Sri Lanka.
It is important we communicate with each other before arrival. Please read the listing thoroughly to find out what is included before you get here, many thanks.
Tolkien: 'All have their worth and each contributes to the worth of the others.'