Discounts for returning guests. Kayaks, stand up paddle boards, pedalboat & fishing poles are complimentary, and you’ll love our place for its views. Our lake home is 4 minutes from GVSU Allendale campus. Downtown Grand Rapids is a 15 minute drive. Holland State Park-25 minutes. The separate entrance to your suite in our home means that you have complete privacy for up to 3. We are here most days to assist with anything you may need. Come and take home some great memories and beautiful photos!
Our large driveway means you will pull into your own parking space. You can let yourself in to your own separate entrance with an individualized code sent prior to your arrival, or we would love to greet you if you'd like and if we are available. The lake has amazing views in all seasons. The comfortable bed is queen-sized, and the room has an oversized chair that pulls out to a twin if you'd like to use that too. Your bathroom has a shower and all of the necessities plus a hair dryer and straightener. We provide an iron, an ironing board, microwave, refrigerator, and a toaster oven. The Keurig machine comes with teas and coffees for you in the morning. The internet is on a guest wifi, especially for you. Netflix and antennae tv are options for your tv viewing.
A keypad lock gives guests access to their own private bedroom with a private full bathroom. This is accessed through a separate outside entrance allowing guests to have complete privacy. Using the separate entrance requires being able to manage a slightly-steep boat ramp down to the back of the house. If you are unable to do this, you can let us know and we can make arrangements for you to enter through the house. The other amenities are access to the outdoor lake amenities: grill, kayaks, paddle boat, and fishing!
Interaction with guests
We give our guests their privacy, but we are here most days if needed for recommendations or ANYTHING. We enjoy meeting people, so if you'd like to meet us that works too.
Other things to note
1. Since our lower level space is accessed by walking down a boat launch, there are no outside stairs. We can make arrangements to have you come through the house down the stairs if the slight steepness of the launch is not something you are able to maneuver.
2. We love hosting and are happy to help with any specific needs you may have. Please just let us know.
1. There is no smoking in the house but there is a seating area outside for your use.
Also, because air vents are connected to the main house and the homeowner is highly allergic to strong scents, please no candle burning, incense, essential oils, or cooking of pungent foods. Your sensitivity is appreciated.
2. Our quiet hours are from 11pm to 7am. This means we may be making noise between 7am and 11pm. We try to keep it to a minimum, but we live here and cannot be completely silent.
3. Thank you for leaving the room much as you found it; dirty towels can be left on hooks, beds do not need to be stripped - that will be done for you!
Scott and I love our home on the lake and the activities it offers, but we also like to travel. When we do, we stay at AirBNBs and we enjoy it so much more than hotels.
Scott is a craft beer aficionado, who enjoys tasting as well as brewing. We are both foodies, and also enjoy road cycling in the warmer months.