About this listing
Cozy and comfortable bedroom with queen bed and private bathroom in a renovated 1920s bungalow on a tree-lined street in the popular Sugarhouse neighborhood. Our place is close to public transport, the airport, downtown, Liberty Park, good food, skiing, hiking, and family-friendly activities. We're recent transplants to SLC and welcome couples, solo adventurers, and business travelers!
Welcome home! You'll have a private room with a queen bed and a private bathroom located on the bottom floor of our home. You've got unlimited street parking, privacy, a washer/dryer, and plenty more.
Our medium-sized black lab, Malusi ("Lusi"), is very friendly and well-mannered.
- Guests enter through the side door and go down the stairs to the basement.
- There is no kitchen in the basement, but guests are welcome to use the common areas upstairs (kitchen & living-room). Please clean up after yourself and wash your dishes.
- You can also enjoy our backyard and patio. There is a grill that you are welcome to use.
- Please note that the basement is not listed as an entire place: we might go down to the basement to use the laundry or access our office. Other than that, you will have the whole floor to yourself and we will try our best to limit our trips to the basement during your stay!
-This is a basement space, so if you are over 6'2" you might feel extra tall :-)
Interaction with guests
If we are available and guests are interested, we would be happy to answer any questions you might have or help plan your stay in Salt Lake City! We love it here and think you will too.
Our dog, Malusi, is a calm and loving presence our home. She does not go on furniture or beds; but please close your bedroom door if you prefer that she not enter your room whatsoever.
- Please don't spray strong perfume/cologne inside our home.
- No guests: do not have friends over, even if they are not staying overnight
- Always close and lock the door behind you
- Thank you for removing your shoes
- You are welcome to use our upstairs kitchen. Please clean after yourself and wash your dishes
Cancel up to 24 hours before your trip and get a full refund. Cancel within 24 hours of your trip and the first night is non-refundable.
I like making buttery pancakes, vegan baked goods, and anything that is fun to eat outdoors. I travel to quite a few conferences for work and some cool hiking spots for fun. Dogs love me. I alternate between fiction and non-fiction and like my books pre-read (euphemism for used).
I'm a clinical psychology graduate student with a focus on romantic relationships. I play by dancing, gardening, bicycling, skateboarding with my dog, and making s'mores in my backyard.
In terms of guests I'm as low maintenance as you can get. Plus the previous ways of growing up a Boy Scout make me pretty respectful and helpful when I can be. If I help your grandma cross the street as my good deed, could I crash at your place? I have funny stories to share if you want some or a book to bury my nose into if you want none. Maybe I'll see you soon.
About the home
When you stay in an Airbnb, you’re staying in someone’s home.