Whether you're looking for a romantic getaway, a family vacation, fun with friends, or a meditative return to nature, you'll find yourself at home in our ideally located a-frame cabin. Adventures await: it's 1 mile to Callaway and Robin's Beach, a few miles to FDR State Park and the Liberty Pool, and easy walking distance to the welcoming restaurants and shops of downtown Pine Mountain. After long and playful days you'll regain restorative calm at our quiet mid-century modern retreat.
We expect guests to be considerate that the house sits on a quiet, family-friendly, dead-end street. Please be considerate of neighbors.
1) No smoking anywhere on our property
2) Pre-approved guests only; arriving with a larger than approved group will result in the cancellation of your reservation without a refund.
3) Our home is family friendly, but not suitable for toddlers. From steps to electrical outlets to decorations, our home poses many challenges for someone with toddlers.
4) No pets.
5) No weapons.
6) No fighting or violence. If your actions lead to the police being called, you will be required to leave and will not be refunded.
7) The kitchen and all dishes/ utensils should be as clean upon your departure as they were when you arrived.
8) Accidents happen; if something is accidentally damaged during your stay be pro-active and communicate with us before you leave so that we can discuss a fair amount to be deducted from your damage deposit.
Damages to the property will be deducted from the security deposit; as per Airbnb policy, deposits are released within 48 hours so long as there's no damage to the unit. Charges for any damages in excess of the security deposit will be pursued through Airbnb's host protection program.
My husband (Fran) and I met watching World Cup soccer in 2010. Fran grew up just North of London; I grew up in Georgia and have lived in Atlanta most of my life. I teach world studies and oversee global travel at a girls' school and Fran works in international telecommunications; a funny coincidence is that he collects globes and I collect rotary phones. We love spicy food, cold beer, traveling near and far to catch touring bands, and chilling out on a porch with friends. We've bragged about how much we enjoy using Airbnb when we travel and we hope to make guests feel as welcomed and comfortable as we've felt when booking via Airbnb. I strive to live by the environmentalist variation of the serenity prayer: want what you have, don't want what you don't have, and spend less than you earn.