If you are visiting DC or surrounding areas and want a private, quiet place to stay without the hassle of parking and navigating the congested streets of DC, read on for details.
About the apartment:
- Sleeps 2- 4 (A queen bed for 2, plus a couch that is over 6 ft. long, and an air mattress... 7 pillows total in the apartment so you should be covered in that respect even if you have four in your group)!
- Fully carpeted throughout
- Once you enter, the living room includes a long couch which has the option to recline one or both exterior sections (see pics), two end tables, 42" TV with Cable, Showtime, Cinemax, plus the capability for you to access Netflix and Amazon Prime (if you use either) as well as DVD player with DVDs. Living room also has comfy rolling chair and bookshelf (help yourself)!
- Protected wifi password provided upon arrival. Connect as many devices as you want.
- Open kitchen with oven, microwave, toaster, coffee machine, dishwasher, plus all the kitchen items/ utensils you can imagine. Kitchen table with chairs on carpeted area and in proximity to sliding door leading to back porch area.
- Back porch area has wooded semi- wall for privacy, while still allowing you to take in the beautiful view while you enjoy morning coffee or a glass of wine after dinner. Citronella clip on edge of wall as well as large Citronella pail candle (though I haven't needed to use it since September).
- Bathroom includes a full shower/bathtub and I offer you with a full array of toiletries (e.g. toothbrush, toothpaste, shampoo, deodorant, lotion, etc.), as pictured. I also provide two sets of bath linens (towel, hand towel, and washcloth) are provided to make your stay as comfortable as possible (I can leave extra linens upon request).
- Bedroom includes a BRAND NEW Serta Euro pillow top bed with Comforter, awesome jersey knit sheets, two decorative pillows, four regular pillows, nightstand, and lamp. The full closet (pictured) is exclusively yours, comes with sturdy hangers, hanging shoe holder, several bins, clothes bin. Iron, steamer and large fold-out ironing board with side arm tucked away behind the right closet door for your use.
- The apartment community has a gates entry and is very small and quiet community. You will have a parking pass as well as a clicker to enter the property.
- Apartment is the lower level (not underground/basement... the entire apartment has plenty of natural light and sliding door patio is outdoors facing beautiful trees
- Apartment is one of eight apartments in the building. There are probably 12-14 buildings in total on the property. (Mostly one bedrooms, some two bedrooms... very few children and extremely quiet).
- Washer and dryer is shared with others in the unit and is right next to my apartment. You cannot hear the machines or others using the machines inside the apartment. I will supply detergent, fabric softener, etc. for your convenience. I have never had to wait for a washer or dryer, and I do my laundry on weekends.
Interaction with guests
My 1 bedroom apartment is totally yours-- NOT a shared space, but I am very easy to communicate with before and during your stay. I am flexible regarding key pick-up, arrival, departure and have several options to meet your needs. I will allow early arrival and/or late departure whenever it is possible. I have even picked folks up from the airport in the past.
Please smoke outside of the apartment on the porch. Thanks!
This host has 15 reviews for other properties.View other reviews
Hello! Thanks for checking out my apartment rental in Suitland, MD.
My name is Sarah. I am professional working in the education sector. I am a very respectful and relaxed person and travel often.
I moved to DC two years ago and like it very much so far! Previously, I have lived in New York (6 years) and Chicago and I was born, raised, and attended undergrad (and, most recently, studied Clinical Psychology) in Indiana.
As for the questions asked on this Airbnb profile: 5 things I couldn't live without: my family and closest friends, the incredible kids and families that I work with at my job, music, running, and a solid wireless connection. A sixth? Pizza. Travel? I am obsessed with Latin America and Mexico. Puerto Rico is my favorite place to visit, with Mexico City being a close second. I enjoy working out (running, cycling, the occasional swim) as well as relaxing at home, catching up with friends, and great food.
Hope to hear from you soon!