Find your own private, comfortable corner of Seattle to rest your head while you explore the city. Our block features a frequent bus line (every 10-15 minutes) that will whisk you to the heart of downtown Seattle, and we are a 20 minute walk to The Junction in West Seattle.
The building is a cozy converted garage, fully-finished and hand-built with a carpenter's touch. The unit is completely private and fenced off from our home, and we have furnished it so that you can have a hassle-free stay.
Our converted, fully-remodeled "garage" is the perfect size for long and short stays. The garage was personally built by a contractor with his own unique flair, and is a no-nonsense, functional living space. An ample living space area has a TV and sectional couch. The kitchen is equipped to cook your own meals (there is a range, but no oven) and has a long table. The bathroom includes a stand-up shower and all the basics.
The unit is accessed from the alleyway and is fully fenced off, so that you have privacy and seclusion. You'll need to park on the street and then walk to the unit, a distance of 200 feet. Or, do what we do, and take the bus. The #21 line drops off and picks up only 500 feet from the unit, and takes you directly to and from Downtown Seattle.
There is a washer and dryer located outside the unit in an enclosed space. During warmer months, we set out a cafe table and chairs for you to use while spending time outside.
If you need anything during your stay, we'll be happy to help you out as best we can.
Other things to note
As noted in the House Rules, we have a stair/ladder to get into the bedroom loft. This may prove challenging for those with limited mobility, so please be aware of the situation and please take extreme caution when in the loft so as to avoid injury. Keep the loft door closed when not actively in use.
- We are in a residential neighborhood, so please be respectful of our neighbors, and also keep quiet during the hours of 11 p.m. to 7 a.m.
- You will have full access to the unit but please do not enter the backyard of our nearby home.
- No illegal activity in the home, please.
- You must report any damage or issues that arise during your stay promptly to us.
- IMPORTANT: Please be aware that the bedroom is lofted and is accessible by a ladder/staircase. You must use caution when using the ladder/stair. You are required to keep the door to the loft closed when you are not actively going up and down the ladder/stairs in order to prevent falls.
- Please use caution when lighting the gas range for cooking.
- Please sort garbage, recycling and compost in the correct bins.
- Street parking only. Spaces are nearly always available.
- Guests must read the Information Guide when they arrive, which explains a few of the house's features (how to use TV, dishwasher, etc.) as well as emergency information and tips on how to navigate the neighborhood and the city.
- The home is heated with radiant/hydronic floor heat. This provides an even, comfortable and eco-friendly heat source, but it can take some time for the temperature to rise if you choose to adjust it. We set the thermostat at 68 F/ 20 C and find this is usually comfortable for most guests.
We are happy to help you if you need anything during your stay, unless we are out of town. We will still respond to your inquiries, however, no matter where we are!
My husband and I are world travelers who have come to love Airbnb and how great it is to experience places as though you were a local. We are trying to visit beer breweries all around the world. We always love to hear recommendations for great new beers!
As hosts, we want to offer a hassle-free, easy and comfortable place to rest your head after exploring our city. Our place is quirky, but solid. It was custom built and is one-of-a-kind. We want to offer a reliable, private accommodation for people to enjoy.
As guests, we want to treat the places we stay with the same respect we'd hope from the guests who stay with us.