A charming fully equipped 4 (3) room apartment (100 m2) in a 1860-built wooden house in the picturesque Sandviken area, in the city centre, 15 min walk to historic Bergen Harbour/Fish Market. "Direct access" to mountain/hiking; 100 m from sea and bus stops; minimarkets 300 meters away.
The flat is good for families with children, and also groups of (well behaved) friends, with space for up to 10 people. Also, the little garden and the alleyway are gems in good weather.
Our home is a very homy and cozy, and modernized, traditional Bergen wooden house. Built in 1860, but renovated the last decade, with good quality kitchen and bathroom, and good quality beds/matresses in all rooms. We love our home, and take good care of is, which we trust our guests also will :-)
PS! As this listing is our personal home, bookings from profiles without (good) reviews from former AirBnB-stays will not be prioritized, unless a detailed message comes as part of the request. Also, requests from large groups will only be seriously assessed if the requester´s profile carries good reviews from former stays and if the request comes with a detailed message about the stay/travel plans/people in the group.
Good discounts for longer stays:
- 5-6 days: -15 %
- 7-8 days: -20 %
- 8-10 days: -25 %
- 11-12 days: -30 %
Our home has:
- 2 bedrooms with double beds,
- 1 bedroom with three bunk beds (the kiddies' room), ant two optional self-inflatable mattresses if climbing up to top bunks is not wanted :-)
- double bed and single sofa bed in the living room; the sofa/sitting area is separate from the dbl-bed.
Hence, sleeping max 10 people in total.
- Free wi-fi.
- Washing machine and tumble dryer for fee of NOK 50,-/load (to cover electricity, washing powder, use in general).
- Sunny garden (when weather is good...).
- Views in all directions from the top floor living room windows.
- 100 metres to the sea (Fisheries Museum and Sandviken harbour).
- The house is situated at the lower end of the mountain slopes, being a perfect starting point for a hike, or just a lazy stroll along "Fjellveien" ("The Mountain Road") to the city centre.
Other things to note
The number of rooms available depends on the number of guests, and the "combination" of guests. For example will all three bedrooms not be accessible if "only" 1-2 guests. It will of course always be enough and apropriate rooms for all guests, and rooms available will be agreed upon based on each individual request.
The flat consists of a bright and cozy main bedroom (1), with a 160x200 cm double bed. The bed is medium sized, and the mattress is a good quality; quite firm (not soft).
Bedroom 2 is our guest room on the ground floor, with a good, firm double (140 cm) sleeper sofa; wall-mounted flat screen TV. This room is detached from the flat by the staircase between the ground floor and level one, but as my tenants in the other (ground floor flat) most likely will be away on vacation you will be the only ones to use the staircase/hallway.
The kiddies bedroom (3) has three bunk beds (190 cm long), and loads of toys (for kids aged 3-8ish) :-). The beds are also functional for adults up to 175-180 (max) height. If bunk beds are not top-of-the-whish-list and adult beds are needed, there are two self-inflatable mattresses available (plug into electric socket, and the mattress fills up).
The living room is some 40 square meters and covers the entire third level, and is semi-separated (by the chimney) into a "TV-section" and a "sofa section". The TV-section has a double (140 cm) day bed and the sofa section has a very good (single) sleeper sofa. Hence, up to three guests can sleep comfortably in the living room.
From the living room there are good views from all windows, in all possible directions (mountain, fjord, city).
The bathroom is only a couple of years old and equipped with a shower cabinet, a washing machine and a tumble dryer.
The kitchen is also newly built and comes with all amenities incl a dish washer, an induction cooking top, an oven, fridge etc. The table seats up to 8-10 persons if table extended.
As such the apartment can house as many as 10 people (three double beds, one single + three bunk beds/inflatable mattresses in kids´ room), but keep in mind that three of the bed spaces are in the living room + there is only one (combined) shower/toilet in the flat.
PS! The flat has a fire- and security alarm, connected to a well reknowned guard company Sector Alarm, which works as follows:
- If the burglar-alam has been activated (when you have left the flat) movement-sensors will detect movements inside the flat, and the alarm will go off. Also, the guard company will be able to activate in-house cameras to check if there are intruders in the house, and they will send out guards/ a "patrol".
- If there is unusual smoke- or heat development in the flat, the fire-alarm will go off (in the entire house; also upstairs where we live) and the guard company will be able to activate the in-house cameras to check the reason for smoke- and/or heat development. They will send out guard/patrol, and also notify the fire department.
The company has ensured us (it is in their policy), and it states clearly in the contract, that the in-house cameras wil ONLY be activated in cases of break-in (if the alarm has been activated when you have left the house) or if the smoke-/heat detectors react to unusual activity.
This flat is our home, and I will not be present at the property. We will be away/out of town on holiday, but will however respond instantly by sms/phone between 06.30 and 23.30 (and email/airbnb-message less frequently), and during night in case of emergency.
"I'm from Norway, working with international cooperation in education. I'm married to Birgitte (from Denmark), we're both born in 1976 and we have two boys born in July 2009 and June 2012 respectively. We both/all love to travel, enjoy good food'n drinks, are pretty sociable and like meeting people from all walks of life.