Nestled 3 blocks from downtown Willow Glen in the heart of Silicon Valley, 3 mi from downtown San Jose and 5 mi from SJC. This warm 1927 home welcomes you to your private room w/ full bathroom with unique antiques and comfy bed. Dining/shopping steps away.
Everything you need, including gourmet coffee and tea fixings, mini-fridge and microwave in your room. Lots of amenities in case you've forgotten something. Also robes, slippers, bed tray, bolster, DVDs, wifi.
You're steps away from downtown Willow Glen and its wonderful locally owned restaurants, coffee houses and boutiques. I'm delighted that my listing has been named one of San Jose's top 10 Airbnb spaces by the Airdna website.
Your room looks onto the front garden, usually abloom with seasonal flowers. Your bedroom has an en suite full bathroom (with tub/shower). The recently refinished hardwood floors, new paint and your room's large arched window and two double-hung windows make a bright, welcoming environment for you to relax. Fully furnished with queen bed (with high-quality linens), TV/DVD, and large closet. You can make coffee/tea, at the beverage center right outside your door. You can keep beverages cold in your own mini-fridge, or heat up a snack in your in-room microwave.
Whether you're visiting family, on a work assignment for a Silicon Valley company, having remodeling done, or want a convenient home base for Northern California excursions, you'll have a comfy place to rest.
Your suite is part of a 5 bedroom, 3 bath home.
For larger groups traveling together, see my 2BR/1BA and 3BR/2BA listings.
* High-speed Wifi
* HDTV w/DVD player
* K-cup coffee maker w/brewer, electric tea kettle (with tea, coffee and hot chocolate makings) right outside your door.
* Mini-refrigerator, small microwave in your suite
* Yoga mat, filtered water, bed tray, plates, glasses, wine glasses, corkscrew, cutting board, knife, iron and ironing board in your room
* Unique restaurants and shops in downtown Willow Glen 3 blocks away. Starbucks 5-minute walk or 1-minute drive. Also Peet's and local coffee shops a few blocks away
* Downtown San José 3 miles away
* Adobe, eBay, SAP Center/Shark Tank, San Jose Convention Center, Center for Performing Arts, Tech Museum of Innovation, San Jose Art Museum, San Jose Museum of Quilts & Textiles, California Theater (opera), San Jose Civic, Montgomery Theater, City Lights Theater, Children's Discovery Museum, movie theaters, IMAX, Santa Clara University, San Jose State University, comedy club, Winchester Mystery House, Kelley Park, Happy Hollow Zoo, Rose Garden less than 3 miles away.
* CalTrain (to San Francisco and SFO) and Light Rail station 1 mile away
* Close to Cinequest, SoFa Jazz Festival, Christmas in the Park and other cultural event venues.
* Bus stops w/in a half block
* BART connection via CalTrain or bus
* Amtrak to Oakland, Sacramento, Pacific Northwest or So. California 3 miles away
* Plenty of street parking
* 4 churches on our street in case you like to attend
* Access to the Los Gatos Creek bike and walking trail less than a mile away. Large park close by.
* Shopping in Willow Glen, Santana Row, Valley Fair, Oakridge, Valco, Milpitas Great Mall within a 10- to 15-minute drive. Gilroy Premium Outlet Mall 20-30 minutes.
* Front and back garden/patio access
* Linens are changed weekly for longer-term guests.
* 1 hr. from San Francisco (w/light traffic), 1.25 hours from Monterey, 3.5 to Tahoe, 1.5 to Napa/wine country, 45 minutes to Santa Cruz beaches, 2 hours from Big Sur, 3-4 hours from Yosemite. All are easy day trips and you'd be back in your comfy room to rest from your excursion.
* Hair dryer in bathroom and 5x makeup mirror
* A 5-page guide, including suggestions of Willow Glen dining options
* Binder w/sight-seeing options/articles/brochures, divided by local area
* DropCam at front and back doors and dining room provide added security to occupants.
Interaction with guests
I'll gladly give you information on local sites, restaurants and make suggestions on activities. I'm happy to make your stay as comfortable as I can.
Since you have a microwave and mini-fridge in your room, the kitchen is not available to guests.
My guests commonly comment that they can tell I travel a lot by the extras I have in their room. I've tried to stock it with pretty much everything I can think of that I've wanted when I've traveled and didn't want to have to go out to get. So you'll find emergency supplies, like Q-tips, cotton balls, bandaids, safety pins, etc. in a drawer for you if you have an emergency need. I stay in a lot of 5-star hotels as well as guest houses so try to provide the parts of each that I appreciate. So while there isn't butler service, :-) I work to make your stay comfy and very pleasant.
Other things to note
Want some exercise? Rent a bike in downtown Willow Glen and ride the bike paths to downtown San José, to the Bay wetlands, or the Los Gatos Creek Trail head is less than a mile away. There's even a bike share program now in San José! Or walk around the interesting neighborhood where every home is unique, or to a nearby park. Pamper yourself at one of several day spas a few blocks away, or get toned at one of several yoga and Pilates studios. Or maybe take a belly dancing class!
If you'd like to go to the beach (Santa Cruz, Monterey, Carmel, Half Moon Bay) or have a picnic, I can loan you lawn chairs, a beach blanket/mats and a cooler -- even a frisbee.
- • Please refrain from loud TV/DVD or phone calls after 10:00 p.m. and before 8:00 a.m. • Any visitors need prior OK from Rebecca. • Please no smoking of any kind or recreational legal or illegal drugs while on the property. • Please don't enter private (marked "Private") areas like the kitchen, although long-term guests have kitchen access.. • No lit candles please. • Please close and lock any windows you've opened before leaving for the day. • Keys must be returned prior to departure. Leave on your bureau. • Legal Internet use only: Our high-speed ISP expressly forbids illegal downloads. • There is usually abundant parking on the street so please refrain from parking in the church lot next door • No weapons of any kind on premises. • Please check out by 11:00am unless extended by Rebecca • It's unfortunate I have to add this, but just had an incident that made me see I needed to. The supplies are for your use during your stay. Please refrain from stocking up for your own place with the extra TP, paper towels, q-tips, etc. that are provided for my guests' convenience and comfort.
This host has 210 reviews for other properties.View other reviews
As an international business consultant, speaker, trainer and bestselling author (26 books, 9 languages) -- I've even been on Oprah! I also work with entrepreneurs to grow their businesses.
I love getting to know places as a traveler not a tourist. So I enjoy staying with locals as well as having travelers stay with me.
I've been to 52 countries, as well as all the US states and many of the Canadian provinces, so you'll see evidence of my journeys around my home. Perhaps we've been to some of the same places -- or if I've been to one you want to visit, I'm happy to share my tips and impressions.
Each year I spend 4-8 weeks abroad working and doing charity work with orphanages and schools in SE Asia. I also founded a non-profit here in North America called Books For Treats which helps communities and individuals give books at Halloween instead of candy. We give brain candy!
My trips abroad have been so full of the kindness from others (I call them my Travel Angels) that Airbnb is one way I can pay it forward. I look forward to helping make your visit to Willow Glen and Silicon Valley easy and fun!
I'm proud to have earned SuperHost status which only 8% of Airbnb hosts have done. This means our guests have rated us highly. In fact, my listing is one of the top 10 in San Jose according to the website who tracks these things, Airdna. I've been selected to speak at all three Airbnb conferences, the only non-corporate speaker to have that honor. I share what I've learned about having a top listing with other hosts from around the world.