The Pavillon is located inside a glorious private estate, considered one of the most beautiful domains of the Côte d’Azur. The estate boasts an award-winning olive oil and renowned historical gardens.
Tucked away from the bustle of the coast, but close enough to enjoy the fun of the Riviera, the Pavillon is a place of retreat, contemplation and rejuvenation. The atmosphere is magical and serene.
Historic yet fully renovated, this is an independent wing of an authentic family castle.
Due to the various pools and terraces on the property, the Pavillon is not suitable for children under 12 years.
The three floors are connected by spiral staircases. (For those with mobility issues, the Venice Bedroom is located on the ground floor.)
• The château is located in the area of Provence leading into the Alps (the "Alpes-Maritimes"), between the villages of Berre-les-Alpes and Contes. It is situated in the hills at 400 meters altitude.
• 30 minutes drive to the city of Nice
• 35 minutes drive to Nice Côte d'Azur International Airport
• 40 minutes to the seaside villages of Beaulieu-sur-Mer, Villefranche-sur-mer, Cap Ferrat
• Fresh spring water
• Excellent central heating
• Provençal window shutters (providing complete blackout)
• High thread-count linens and towels
• Selection of comfortable pillows
• Deep clawfoot tub
• Dishwasher and microwave
• Fully stocked kitchen pantry
• Nespresso selection
• Flat-screen satellite television
• iPod provided (with Spotify Premium service)
• Sound system (indoor + outdoor)
• DVD player & HDMI connector (for your laptop computer)
• Range of yoga podcasts (for deepening practice)
• Pétanque set
• Quality bath amenities
• Perfume table with selection of artisanal French fragrances
EXTRA SERVICES AVAILABLE
• Airport transfer (via chauffeur or helicopter)
• Massage therapist
• French lessons, yoga lessons, archery lessons, watercolor lessons, horse riding lessons
• Hairdresser, beautician, portrait photographer, elder companion, tour guide, driver
• Private chef (for a special dinner), musicians (for a special dinner)
This property is available on a weekly basis — checking-in on a Saturday afternoon and checking-out on a Saturday morning.
Please ensure that both your check-in and check-out date is a Saturday. (If you prefer to depart earlier than Saturday, the whole week up to Saturday must still be booked.)
NOTES ON THE BEDROOMS
Please be aware that the Blue Bedroom is directly adjacent to the Honeymoon Bedroom, with an enfilade door connecting the two bedrooms. (This door can be locked; however the bedrooms are in close proximity.)
Therefore if guests occupying the Honeymoon Bedroom wish for total privacy, they should also occupy the Blue Bedroom — i.e. consider the entire first floor (with both bedrooms) as a "suite".
Please also be aware that the Venice Bedroom on the ground floor is located right next to the kitchen/dining room.
• 13-meter heated swimming pool
• The Hermitage yoga studio (with elliptical trainer)
• Archery range
• Badminton on the lower lawn
• Table tennis
Note: Fitness facilities are shared with owners when owners are in residence, but guests have priority (i.e. owners won't use at the same time).
Interaction with guests
The Pavillon is a completely independent residence: the eastern wing of the château, separated from the western residence by a clock tower.
While assistance is always available to guests, privacy and solitude are deeply respected.
The gardens and fitness facilities are shared, however priority is always given to guests.
For security there are two gardeners (husband and wife) who live on the edge of the property, in the Farm House staff building.
Active times on the estate are olive harvest (November) and olive pruning (April). The rest of the time there are just two gardeners maintaining the garden. They are very discreet, and naturally provide visitors privacy.
Other things to note
MEALS AND FOOD SHOPPING
Please let us know in advance if you are interested in hiring a Cook/Housekeeper for your stay (additional €1,000 per week). We can arrange this service for you, and staff accommodation is provided in our Farm House building on the estate.
The service includes preparation and clean-up of all meals, daily maid service, and running errands down in the village.
If you choose this option, please notify in advance of any allergies and food preferences (including vegetarianism), so that meals can be prepared according to your taste.
Guests must provide cash for grocery shopping during their stay.
If you prefer to prepare your own meals, the local village is eight minutes drive away on a steep, winding road. It has a bakery, butcher, fresh produce store and pharmacy. A large supermarket is fifteen minutes drive away (near the entrance of the highway to Nice).
However, in our opinion at least, the local village is not a tourist destination for strolling. It's just functional.
Daily morning delivery of croissants and baguette can be arranged for €15 per day.
If you would like housekeeping during your stay, please let us know in advance. Housekeeping can be arranged for €15/hour.
At late notice this service will depend on availability.
A small selection of local wines is available for purchase at the château (cash only). A vast range of wine is available for same-day or next-day delivery via a wine delivery service (which accepts credit cards).
Lunch excursions in the region are fun. In the surrounding hills there are perched medieval villages to visit (such as Peillon), and there are great restaurants on the coast.
Most guests prefer to spend evenings in residence. (This is why a full-time Cook/Housekeeper can be arranged, to prepare and clean up after all meals.)
Due to the altitude, the days are sunny but the evenings are pleasantly cool.
There is no need for air conditioning, because the stone walls of the château are several feet thick. The traditional Provençal shutters also guard against heat.
• Check-in after 4 p.m. on Saturdays.
• Check-out by 10 a.m. on Saturdays.
• The Pavillon accommodates a maximum of 5 adults.
• Outside visitors to the estate are not permitted without consulting the owners.
• If the premises appear dirty or damaged upon check-in, please inform owner immediately.
• Please allow owner access to the property for purposes of repair and inspection when necessary. This access will always be exercised in a reasonable manner.
• Pool towels are provided. (Please do not take white bathroom towels to the swimming pool.)
• A private phone landline is available for receiving calls. (Please only make an outgoing call on this line if urgent.)
• Please keep all doors and windows closed when not in residence, especially since birds sometimes fly indoors and get trapped.
• There is a high risk of forest fire in the region. Please be aware of this danger.
Please never smoke cigarettes anywhere in the garden. Please also do not smoke indoors. Please only smoke cigarettes on the patio outside the kitchen, and always use an ashtray. Thank you!
• Please report any malfunctioning equipment as soon as possible, so that it can be repaired quickly.
• Swimming pool and yoga studio are shared with owners if owners are in residence, but guests have priority (i.e. owners won't use the facilities at the same time).
• Bed linens are changed weekly, on Friday or Saturday.
• Due to the various pools and terraces on the property, the Pavillon is not suitable for children under 12 years unless supervised by a full-time nanny.
• The owner and staff cannot be held accountable or be held liable in any way, for any injury or loss which may befall the guest, their family, or their guests while on the property.
• Pets are sometimes permitted, depending on size and training. A pet cleaning surcharge will apply (5% of rent), plus a refundable pet security deposit (10% of rent) in case of damage.
From Feb 19, 2017 - Feb 18, 2020 the minimum stay is 7 nights.