Located on a private road with easy access to nearby hiking trails, our Topanga guesthouse is a perfect getaway spot for travelers who enjoy relaxed, outdoor, friendly vibes. Set amongst the cottages of a 100+ year-old family estate, the rustic modern studio has its own kitchenette and private bathroom. It overlooks a sunny lawn and a beautiful grove of ancient oak trees that shade a seasonal creek and a funky old rope bridge.
The house is used by our personal guests when we're not renting it, so it's appointed with all the comforts and amenities we like to provide for our own family, including dishes, silverware, cooking supplies, a coffee maker, microwave and mini-fridge. Laundry is in a covered outdoor space that is also accessible to our guests. A beginner's surfboard and various other beach items are available for guest use.
Interaction with guests
We are are pleased to serve guests who value their privacy while on vacation, however the guesthouse partially faces our home and front yard, so you should expect to see us while we're out and about.
- The rope bridge by the creek is not on our property and our neighbors insist that you DO NOT cross it
- Be respectful to our neighbors, land, and animals.
- We provide septic-safe toilet paper. Please don't flush any other products.
- Please ask us for assistance if you wish to put up the Murphy bed.
- You are free to enjoy the lawn and grounds but we'd prefer to keep our deck private.
L.A. by way of Maine & Mill Valley, CA. Proud mom & dad to Maurice (1 year old). Nature lovers, animal lovers, creatives, dancers.