Enjoy a unique retreat; 180 degrees of views from inside the home. Nestled at the end of a private road, our place is nearby great hiking and countryside wineries. The Glass House provides a magical space and nature retreat where individuals, couples, families and friends can gather together to re-connect with nature, each other, and themselves. The breathtaking mountain top views, the huge deck, hot tub, fireplace, and the open concept living space is unbeatable for the perfect getaway.
Peace awaits those who wish a respite from hectic life. Luxuriate on our glorious couch while enjoying the views from all sides. Soak in the hot tub while you watch the sun set or the stars twinkle. Walk in the surrounding hills, watch Netflix, set your atmosphere with Pandora, catch up with friends on WiFi and enjoy the peace and quiet of this country setting.
You will have access to the surrounding 5 acres of hills, meadows, oak trees, huge boulders, and a peace-filled and delightful home to spread out in, relax and restore.
Interaction with guests
We will be available by phone, text and email at all hours in order to accommodate your needs before, during and after your stay. We will not be on the property during your visit, but we will be nearby so we are committed to being available through technology! Let us know how we can help! :)
Other things to note
*One thing we want our guests to know is that there is a home next to ours in which our renters are living. The two homes are situated so that they do not look into each other’s' homes and you will still find that you do feel completely alone.
*We've been asked several times about kitchen supplies; it is a fully equipped kitchen with staples, spices, coffee makers, pots and pans and refrigerator items (Depending on what the previous guests left!) available for your use. Enjoy!
*We have just opened up our loft to accommodate more guests because of the many requests to have more than 2 people. Now that we have A/C, it is livable in the loft but it is still not a finished room and we hope all our guests understand this. We have a queen futon bed available and we have just added some pictures to help our guests decide if this will be acceptable- please look at these uploaded pictures.
*A Glass House? If you are from the city this concept could make you wonder whether privacy is possible. During the daytime, the light reflects off of the windows and others cannot see inside. During the evenings I like to keep our lights dimmed, so as not to draw attention to our home, but we rarely have cars drive by or people come to the door.
*Lastly, AirBNB's professional photographer has made our home look very fancy. Although it is unique and beautiful, it is still not finished. It is a humble yet special place but I want our guests to be forewarned that it not complete. We are working on it. :) If you do choose to stay in our home, please understand that it is a work in progress and a 'Good Home is never finished'; I once read. Thanks for understanding!
- *Please park on the left side of the house as the next door neighbor enjoys the unobstructed view of the mountains. Thanks!
- *Please keep the screen doors closed at all times if you open the glass doors. We don't want friendly critters coming in! Thanks for your help!
- *No Smoking at our home -inside or out - There will be a $200 fee if any cigarette butts or cigarette smell is left on our premises. This has become an issue with guests not respecting our request so we've decided to implement a charge. I'm sorry, but we are very serious about no cigarette smoking.
- *No Pets - We do not allow pets inside the home because of potential guests with allergies. We have a black labrador retriever on our property who is very sweet and gentle. If she sees you come she may come up and give you her wagging, tongue lolling welcome or request that you throw her ball for her. Please tell her "Out" if you do not want her there; she will leave. Or if you like her, please be sure she doesn't sit on the furniture or go inside. Thanks!
- *Keep sounds at normal levels - sound travels in these hills and the house right next to this one has a single mom and her two kids living there. They live quietly so as not to bother our guests, so we ask our guests also not to play loud music on the porch or get rowdy.
- *Please turn the porch lights off by 8pm. The neighborhood enjoys the star show in the evenings.
- *No illegal drugs or excessive alcohol consumption during your stay. Staying in the country requires your alertness for safety and altering your conscious will make you susceptible to accidents. Thanks for honoring our requests.
- *Thanks for helping us keep everyone safe and happy!
- *Group Events; Weddings, Parties, Photo Shoots, Movie Making, etc require prior consent from us - we have to consider these on a case by case basis because of the impact on our neighbors and property. Additional guests arriving that are not on your reservation will incur a $500 fee.
- *Check-in is after 3PM. Check-out is by 11AM. Thank you!
- *We are a "shoes off" home. Thank you for respecting that. :)
This host has 6 reviews for other properties.View other reviews
Hi! I'm Lisa! My husband and I are in love with nature and wildlife, that is why we own a beautiful mountain top property outside of the hustle and bustle of the city. We love sharing our magical mountain top paradise with others who appreciate and enjoy getting out into nature and who need an escape from chaotic city living.
We love hiking, being outside and all things nature, we love connecting and laughing with people, hanging out with animals, and going on new adventures and discovering new places.
We feel so blessed to get to share our special home with other travel and nature enthusiasts, and we hope you fall in love with the Glass House as much as we have. We look forward to sharing our special space with people from all over the world!
Please make yourself at home and enjoy!