Located in the heart of the village Platanos, the mansion Falasarna House invites everyone to experience the traditional Cretan hospitality and promises memorable stay and impeccable service. Being just 65 km from Chania airport, 52 km from Souda port, 17 km from the port of Kissamos is the central point that leads to the most beautiful and popular beaches of western Crete.More specifically, it is located 5 km from Falasarna, 14km from Balos, 52 km from Paleochora, 39 km from Elafonisi.
An apartment 120m with 3 bedrooms, fully equipped kitchen, living room with 50 '' TV, bathroom, free Wi-Fi internet connection and sea balcony. White towels and linens.
The design of the interior, the wireless internet, the alarm, the fire, the private parking and the level of service offer high quality accommodation to all our guests to feel comfortable and to enjoy their vacations.Entering the area of the house, there is a green garden with colorful flowers, plants and trees, such as age-old oaks, almond trees, cypresses, fragrant flowers, lilies.Going to the first floor is the main living room. It consists of a large open living and dining area. There is TV and all necessary facilities for the visitor tofeel comfortable. In the middle there is a wooden table with chair, surroundingby three big and comfortable sofas. From the balconies you may see the view to the mountains, while the house gets bright and (URL HIDDEN) the kitchen you can find convenient cupboards, bench galley, spacious storage areas. Specifically, there are rings with 4 cooking places, electric oven,fridge-freezer, microwave, many small appliances (such as toaster, coffee pot, coffee machine, toaster, hand mixer, juicer, and kettle). There are all those utensils that case so far as you feel at home!The bedrooms, which are three in number, are architecturally beautiful location and panoramic views of the mountains of Crete.They consist of a double bed, two single beds, bedside tables and spacious closets comfortable- will keep in perfect condition clothes, casing layer anatomic orthopedic-known company, anatomic pillows of well- known company, air conditioners and TV. The bathroom consists of a special combination of tiles and sanitary ware, large washbasin, comfortable bath and large mirror. Additionally, there are a wide bathtub- shower and a washing machine.Falasarna House is your place!You are invited to visit us and to get guided to its premises, relax by the calming views of the countryside and feel the spurt of vitality offered by its central location. The Falasarna House team is committed to provide you Greek hospitality withhigh standards of aesthetics, technology and VIP concierge services.
Our house is near the traditional village of platanos
Interaction with guests
We will be available to help you with any questions you have any time of the day.
Other things to note
1) The name 'Falasarna' comes from the nymph Falassarna; although in the area were discovered findings of subsequent years. Ancient Falasarna was harbor, but due to the geological evolution of Crete today is land-based. Modern Falassarna is a small coastal settlement and the main occupation of the residents is the production of vegetables and tourism.
2) In the northwestern edge with a distance of 14 km lies the lagoon Balos- ideal romantic destination- and (URL HIDDEN) the western part of Crete, near the cape Gramvousa and the lagoon of Balos with exotic waters there are two uninhabited islands. The Wild and Imeri (tame) Gramvousa. Imeri Gramvousa is famous for its beautiful beach, on the lonely shipwreck and the impressive Venetian castle.The castle was built in 1579 to 1584, at a height of 137 meters above the excellent natural harbor, designed and supervised by Latino Orsini. Its shape is irregular three-sided fort with walls and bastions on three sides, while from the north is protected from the rocky (URL HIDDEN) Balos and Imeri Gramvousa you can go on a cruise ship from the port of Kissamos, and only to Balos you can go by yourself, drive up to a point and then continue on foot.
3) On the southwestern edge, with 39 km is the exotic beauty Elafonisi. Its among t the most beautiful beaches in the world. With fine white- pink sand and turquoise shallow waters, no need to envy the exotic landscapes of the Caribbean!
4) At a distance of 52 km is the town of Paleochora. It is built on a long narrow peninsula that stretches into the Libyan Sea and offers among other things, a different beach in each side: sandy beach in the west, pebble in the east. Paleochora is an area of great charm, an area so gifted, reasonably called the Bride of the Libyan Sea or Bride of Western Crete. Among the elements that captivate visitors - tourists are the white houses, dressed with oleanders and bougainvillea, beautiful streets and roads with modern cafes and unpretentious decorated their facades, and over all the streets on your walk that decorated with clusters of trees and beautiful iron lanterns.
In addition to the unparalleled beauty of these are located within a short distance from Falasarna House, there are nearby attractions that shall give you the opportunity to learn about the history and the Greek-Cretan culture.
One of these is the ancient city of Falasarna. In antiquity Falassarna (or Falasarna) included the cape with the hill where it was built the citadel, while underneath were the city's port.
The area was explored in the late 19th century by English travelers, who discovered the port and the ruins of the settlement. Since 1986 the Antiquities in cooperation withthe Ministry of Culture launched an investigation and plan to clean the area and the elevation of the site.The archaeological site of ancient Falassarna includes the port, the citadel. At the port you will see workshops in the north-west, 2 docks that once protruded 40 cm above the sea and two of the four towers harbor, built in 350 BC. The first is circular (4.5 meters high, 9 meters diameter) and the second quadrilateral, where is the city's (URL HIDDEN) the top of the cape, where was the Acropolis, they found two temples, tanks and public buildings. The citadel was protected by walls with towers and bastions.East of the port is the cemetery of Puget Sound, where excavations have revealed 43 cist graves and the dead buried in large jars.In the same area is the throne of Puget Sound, which was not the local ruler's seat, butrather step for public speeches.
1) Continuing our historical tour, we are worth mentioning the ancient Polyrinia.The word Polyrinia means "many sheep" (Irene = sheep, lamb), so here once reared large herds sheep.Polyrinia is a small village in the area of Kissamos in the northwest of the county Chania. Situated on a hill that dominates the area is a 10-minute drive from Kissamos (Kastelli).Polyrinia worth visiting and special traditional style but also the ruins of the homonymous citadel, built at 418 meters above sea level.The remains that have survived belong to the Hellenistic, Roman and Byzantine (URL HIDDEN) the village Polyrinia you can admire the Roman aqueduct, the old houses and Venetian arches opposite the wonderful restored building community.Acropolis of Polirinia was the temple of Artemis Diktynna, where the chapel of the Holy Fathers is today, it was built in 1894 with materials of the original ancient temple.A visit will convince you of the fact that, after the church walls there are ancient inscriptions, and part of the ancient place of the (URL HIDDEN) the citadel, that in ancient Polyrinia will climb or walk through the village or drive to the dirt road at the entrance of the village left.Remember that the way to the ancient citadel is quite uphill.Prefer to go either early morning or late afternoon when the light is sweet and the sun burns less.
2) An interesting route for hikers and climbers starts from Sirikari village crossesthe gorge of Polirinia or Sirikariano Gorge or Tsichliano canyon and ends after3 hours (11 km) in Polyrinia. Calculate other at least 30 minutes for the ascent.The hike Sirikariano gorge is one of the easiest in western Crete and is suitablefor all ages.
3) In addition to these, it is worth visiting the archaeological museum of
Kissamos, which is located in the central General Tzanakaki Square. It is a listed building with modern venues hosting remarkable discoveries in the area since Roman Hellenistic period. Very impressive is the mosaics museum that has remained unchanged over the years.
4) For those who would like to see and Christian influences, there is the Monastery Chrisoskalitissa. Located 76 kilometers south of the city of (URL HIDDEN) is 45 km from Kissamos but is very close to the famous Elafonisi, as the distance from the famous beach in the historic monastery is just seven kilometers. The whitewashed monastery is built up on a large rock of 35 meters and the view to the Libyan sea from there is amazing.According to religious tradition, one of the 90 steps, which is dug in the rock and leading to the top of the Monastery Chrisoskalitissa is made of gold, but this gold step can be viewed by any sinless! That is why the monastery was named "Chrisoskalitissa".The Catholic Monastery Chrisoskalitissa is dedicated to the Holy Trinity and the Virgin Mary, whose image is said to have been 1,000 years ago. You will see this picture with others in the small church of the monastery, which seems to be untouched by time.
One of your days, you're worth taking the tour of Chania. You can also visit the old Venetian town of Chania, with its lively nightlife during the summer and winter. Inside the walls of the Venetian Fortress, exactly in front of the Old Venetian Harbor’s sea, it faces directly at the impressive Egyptian Chania Lighthouse and the Mosque of Kioutsouk Hassan (Hassan Pascha Mosque/Giali Tzamisi).The Maritime Museum of Crete is located on the western side of the port, while reaching the Archaeological Museum takes you less than 5 minutes fromthe city centre.
Other attractions nearby are the Cathedral of Virgin Mary, the Folklore Museum of Chania, the Church of Saint Nikolaos and many more then you will explore through your walks in the beautiful and romantic stone-built alleys, among the architecturally impressive buildings of Chania Old Town. Chania Town is ideal for shopping from the numerous local shops. Discover unique handicrafts from local artists, and impress with your (URL HIDDEN) not omit a visit to the Agora Marketplace where you can find fresh local products of top quality.
Cancel up to 5 days before your trip and get a full refund. Cancel within 5 days of your trip and the first night is non-refundable, but 50% of the cost for the remaining nights will be refunded.
No reviews (yet)
This home doesn’t have any reviews. If you stay here, your review will appear here.