This is a brand new Villa that offers a unique and authentic experience in our standalone 4 bedroomed villa just a stone throw from the beach and sea. Our views are world class, postcard perfect and the property boasts
perfect views of the Indian Ocean and the coral reef around the Mnemba Island.The beach boasts several Boutique hotels with bar and restaurant within walking distance of the villa. The villa has a lovely homely feel place is ideal for couples and families (with kids).
This a comfortable 4 bedroomed family villa with large grounds, several verandas and beautiful gardens .
• 2 spacious double bedrooms, with en-suite bathrooms . One has connecting child bedroom with single bed. The other has a connecting living room. The third bedroom is double room only.
• 1 family bathroom
• 1 spacious open plan dining / living / kitchen area
• All Bathrooms include shower, flush toilet, hand wash basin, towels and soap
• Private balconies / veranda in 3rd bedroom
• Mosquito nets
• Private access to the beach
• 3 off Lookout verandah overlooking the beach and the Indian ocean
• Outdoor barbecue area
For those looking for a bit more action this is a spectacular place for diving and snorkelling, canoeing, surfing and reef walks. The beach also boasts dive centres and kite surfing schools within walking distance of the villa.
1.For booking of 2 guests only we will only provide access to Bedroom 3 . Bedroom 1 & 2 will be closed off unless requested prior to checkin.
2. If children are sharing parents room we have 2 single beds that can be located to the room. In this instance we will not charge for the childrens rate and request you book without putting in children numbers I the booking request. We just need a message to advise us regarding this arrangement on booking reservation.
Interaction with guests
Unfortunately we do not reside in Zanzibar however we have a contact person in stonetown who can assist you in any issues. We also have cleaning staff and a guardsman on site and will ensure you have our contact details for assistance.
We can also arrange a driver and guide for excursions also so let us know your requirements.
Other things to note
1. Lovely homely feel , with staff ( Security gaurd (FUll time / night staff). NB We offer cleaning service ( not kitchen ) at extra cost , complete set of bedlinen (blankets, sheet and pillowcases), towels etc. (complete change on fifth day of week if required). Cleaning cost is 10US$ visit.
2. Cooking / driver / tour guide staff available at extra cost please enquire.
3. Outdoor professional stainless steel gas barbeque (gas included).
4. HD TV in living room and TV in all bedrooms. NB currently no internet / cable tv is available. We will provide on request hard disks with an extensive movie library, of classic, latest and family films.
5. Books and games available.
6. Easy walking distance of several bars, restaraunts.
7. Please note power outages / water shortage may occur in Zanzibar and are out of our control. An Electrical generator is available but can only run one AC in event of power outage. There are emergency water tanks that we can utilise but again we request that saving water is considered if shortages are reported.
8. We have dogs in the compound and request if you are not comfortable with them let us know in advance. The dogs are very friendly but are not allowed in the house. They do keep a watchful eye out to ensure no one trespasses on the property.
9. Air-conditioning provided in all rooms.
No travel agency requests please.
I am from Scotland and my husband is from Zanzibar. We bought our holiday home in Zanzibar 10 years ago to provide our children with a link back to their roots. We chose Matemwe as we found this area to be relatively unspoilt and less touristy. It has enough restaurants , bars and activities if needed and no annoying touts. WE have had amazing holidays here and our Wifi free villa provides an opportunity to switch off from technology and let kids and adults explore and truly relax and observe the local seaside scene and listen to the sound of the waves.