Hello! We're apartment-mates Lizzie and Michael here! We are renting out Michael's bedroom. It is a huge private room (12x17') that is sun-filled with 4 windows facing south and east (with curtains, of course). It contains a super comfortable queen-sized bed, lots of floor space, and a desk for working (including a monitor with Netflix)! It gets beautiful sunlight all day long!
This is a huge 2-bedroom space, with a large kitchen, large living room, and hardwood floors. We are two roommates and friends who travel a lot, but note that one of us will be home during your stay. We have separate postings for each of our bedrooms, and when one of us is out of town, we will post our bedroom. If you pay the additional guest fee, we can accommodate up to 2 additional guests on the futon in the living room. (We may occasionally post the futon separately.)
The kitchen is fully-equipped (you provide the food); we just ask that you clean up after yourself! The living room has a large TV with Netflix, which you may use at your leisure!
You will have full access to the bathroom and kitchen. If no one is staying in the living room, you will have full access to that as well. Additionally, there is a paid laundry room in the basement. If using the kitchen, please clean up IMMEDIATELY and use our kitchen utensils properly (e.g., no metal on the non-stick pan, no soap on the cast iron pan, etc.).
Interaction with guests
One or both of us will be in town and available to assist you as needed. That means that one of the bedrooms will be occupied. We will always be available by phone/text/(SENSITIVE CONTENTS HIDDEN) to answer any questions and help you get around town!
This is our home, not a hotel. Please treat it as such. Thanks!
- Lizzie will be occupying the second bedroom during your stay. She's great and is happy to help!
- Check-out is 12pm. There is a $30 fee for an unauthorized late check-out.
- Shoes off in the house
- NO guests (unless explicitly authorized by a host)
- Be quiet inside the building hallways
- Be quiet in the apartment at night
- Try to walk lightly to not disturb the neighbors below - the floors are thin!
- Clean up after yourself
- Please be out of the house during the day
- If using the kitchen, please clean up IMMEDIATELY, and please use kitchen utensils properly (e.g., no metal on the non-stick pan, no soap on the cast iron pan, etc.)
Hi there! I've lived in New York City since 2012, and I love it! I'm originally from upstate New York State, and I've lived in Chicago for several years, and briefly in Barcelona. I'm an avid traveler and have been to most major US cities and as many countries around the world as I can. I love to eat, cook, converse, dance, and enjoy NYC. I also love doing the same in my travels!