My home is a red carriage house that shares a yard with the larger Main House, both built in the late 1800's / early 1900s, it's a small, cozy bungalow and the bedroom is part of the loft upstairs with a shared bathroom.
Parking is street-only and it's first-come first served.
2-story older bungalow with hardwood floors throughout. Large, open living room with kitchen, coffee bar, and laundry/ powder room downstairs. Upstairs is the main bathroom, loft bedroom and main bedroom - the loft bedroom is the room available and it is separated from the rest of the loft with divider curtains for sleeping privacy. Outside there is a cute little iron bistro table on the patio and the yard is available. In the spring and summer time there are flower gardens, a vegetable garden, and the house is hidden from the street by trees and vines.
I'd like everyone who stays with me to feel not just as if they were "guests" but this is their home also while they are here. The entire house is shared with me, laundry is available any time, use of the living room area - including tv/cable, kitchen, coffee bar, upstairs bathroom, yard, and patio.
Interaction with guests
I understand that some people would like to have their own space and privacy and others would like someone to socialize with or help them get familiar with the area or general conversation. I truly am happy to accommodate either. :)
Other things to note
Colorado is a "420 friendly" State and I am ok with 420 also, I simply ask that it be restricted to the patio area outside. No smoking of any kind inside please.
I have 2 dogs - Gracie is a 10 yr old old lab/retriever mix, Simon is a 2 yr old vizsla/lab mix - both are very friendly - I would like to be there when you arrive so I can introduce you to them, if I am not, Simon is in his crate and Gracie may lick you to death ;).
*A note on the loft bed, the bed itself is custom-built, somewhat elevated (~ 3' high) - I have a step stool next to the bed. Easily accommodates most people, however if you are elderly this might be a consideration.
- Check-in is after 6pm, and check-out is by 10am. Arriving slightly earlier, or want that extra hour to sleep? Should be fine, but please check with me first as I work during the day.
- I know you want to bring people with you to experience all the fun Denver has to offer, however... there's only 1 bed! 1 bed.. NOT 1 bed and a couch... just 1 bed please!
- Whilst I do a thorough clean between each guest stay, I kindly ask that prior to leaving, you clean and put away any dishes or kitchenware used and put any dirty towels in the hamper. It helps me get through my cleaning process quicker and allows me to keep cleaning costs down for you and future guests. Along those lines, please do feel free to use the kitchen, bathroom, laundry as though it's yours... only if you're messy at home please keep in mind I like to keep mine clean lol - please clean up completely when you're done.
- To keep costs down (and pass those savings on to our guests) I kindly ask that you switch off lights and the fan or heater when its not in use or leaving the house. Mother nature thanks you too.
- To be considerate of each other, I kindly ask to keep things on the quieter-side after 9pm. And if you want to listen to music or your favorite show on your laptop, please remember to enjoy via headphones or quietly in your personal space. I’ll make sure to reciprocate the favor. Unless it’s Motown/old school R&B. That’s okay to play at any time in all areas of the house :)
- I ask that you kindly respect the maximum occupancy requirement (2). I have this in place instead of an additional guest charge in an attempt to keep costs down for you... and only 2 people will fit comfortably.. this isn't a phone booth or clown car!
- To ensure full safety of guest’s belongings, I like to keep the front metal door locked as a precautionary measure. I've never had any problems in the area, I just want to ensure every guest stay remains problem free, and this is just one small + simple thing we are able to do to ensure that.
- One last thing.. ok, so we ALL know the main attraction for coming to Denver and my area in particular.... HOWEVER... (and you probably already saw the no smoking inside thingy)... I have a patio table out front and you are welcome (per Colorado law) to do that as long as you are not in public view. I want to encourage people to come and stay with me... but I'm really not a "420" super OK place. I will allow it within reason, but I'd rather you not be a guest who comes only for that purpose... i.e. "wants to stay home all day and smoke weed and leave only to go get more". My dogs act weird after that... ;)