This brand new charming cabin is close to family-friendly activities, local historical sites, and antique shopping. It is perfect for couples, solo adventurers, business travelers, and families. Constructed by the Amish, this 36-foot-long log-style cabin is ready for occupancy. Among the many amenities are a private dock, one-acre yard, stone fire pit, deck and dining hut w/propane grill, full-length covered porch, two pedal boats, fishing boat, rental kayaks, and two picnic tables.
The cabin is one of the few rental cabins in southwestern Ohio along a deepwater creek where you can ride your kayak, canoe, or pontoon boat right to a dock and have a short walk to your cabin. The cabin is one mile upstream from what many say is the deepest, cleanest, and most scenic stretch of the Ohio River. The water depth just off the cabin's private dock is around 19 feet, and huge catfish and many bass and crappie inhabit the water's depths.
A one-night rate (Sun - Th) is $115. The weekend requires a two night stay and is $260 (Friday through Sunday). There is an additional charge of $15 per night per guest over 2 guests with a maximum number of guests at 4. Children under 5 stay free. Check-in time is 3:00 p.m. and check-out time is 12 noon. For earlier check-in call ahead for availability.
The cabin is non-smoking. Guests have full access to nearly two acres and miles of scenic creek perfect for kayakers, canoeists, and fishermen. Nearby are miles of lightly-traveled country roads and a nature preserve that provide miles of hiking, biking, and walking opportunities. Local area has many National Historical Landmarks from the Civil-War era. You will also find award-winning wineries, antique shopping, many excellent restaurants, and four golf courses-- all within a 20-minute drive!
Interaction with guests
The cabin's owners, Steven and Darci, enjoy meeting their guests upon arrival, but after that, guests have full privacy for the remainder of their stay. Should any assistance be needed, Steven and Darci live one minute away but out of sight of the cabin, in the middle of a 25-acre retreat known as Worldwalker Hill.
Other things to note
The cabin is equipped with a large flat HD screen TV with DISH satellite programming. The TV comes with a DVD player with a large selection of popular movies to choose from. The cabin has one king-size bed downstairs and two twin beds in a high ceilinged loft. Though the cabin has no wifi, free high-speed wifi is available just minutes away at the local libraries in Aberdeen, Ripley, and Maysville (KY). Free wifi is also available at the McDonald's in Ripley.
The two cabins listed on our sight each have their own independent space and privacy. However, they are situated within easy walking distance of each other, which makes it convenient for friends and family to vacation together, yet separate.
To keep our prices affordable we ask that guest leave the cabin tidied up so that we can continue to not charge our guests a cleaning fee.
1. Cabin is a smoke-free environment. Smoking must be done outside the cabin.
2. People other than those in the Guest party may not stay overnight on the property. Any other person in the property is the sole responsibility of Guest.
3. The cabin is privately owned; the owners are not responsible for any accidents, injuries, or illnesses that occur while on the premises or its facilities. The Homeowners are not responsible for the loss of personal belongings or valuables of the guest. By accepting this reservation, it is agreed that all guests are expressly assuming the risk of any harm arising from their use of the premises or others whom they invite.
4. Keep the property and all furnishings in good order. Please limit the wearing of outdoor shoes into the cabin.
5. Parking- Vehicles are to be parked in designated parking areas only.
6. Housekeeping: There is no daily housekeeping service. While linens and bath towels are included in the cabin, daily maid service is not included in the rental rate. We suggest you bring beach/boat towels. We do not permit towels or linens to be taken from the cabin to be used on the creek.
7. Water and Septic: The cabin is supplied with county water. No feminine products and/or diapers should be flushed at anytime. If it is found that such products have been flushed and have clogged the septic system, you could be charged damages.
8. Loss of electricity due to an area wide outage will not result in a refund.
9. Be respectful of quiet hours between 11:00 p.m. – 7:00 a.m.
10. You are welcome to have guests. However, disruptive and/or disorderly parties will not be tolerated and unregistered guests may be asked to leave the premises. Only registered guests are allowed to spend the night.
A veteran educator and school administrator, I enjoy long walks and traveling domestically and internationally. My keen love of reading led me to my author husband Steven M. Newman, who is known to many as "The Worldwalker." I'm right at home in the countryside, and for me, an ideal day is one spent lazing under the cool shade of an old tree, a tall glass of ice tea in one hand and a Janet Evanovich novel in the other.
When it comes to my cabin guests, I delight in making sure that they leave with a big grin. I go out of my way to add those little touches that make for a memorable stay.