My place is close to natural hot springs, family friendly activities, hiking, climbing. You’ll love our place because of the coziness, the views, the peacefulness, the hot tub, the relaxation and quiet. My place is good for couples, solo adventurers, business travelers, groups and furry friends (pets).
We have had guests say: Sit in a different chair every time you are going to sit down. There is a new view from every aspect. You will be right at home in this cozy & warm mountain home. With all of the amenities of home and none of the work. A stocked eat-in kitchen at your disposal, with all of the kitchen gadgets and tools to make your favorite meal or snack to-go. The 12 acre property finds this spacious chalet nestled in a 1.5 acre fenced main yard for you and your dog/s to run, play & explore. Also, available for your fur baby is a fully fenced yard inside of the main fenced yard to allow you to keep your pet while you do activities that dogs cannot be a part of.
Avalanche Ranch Hot Springs is just 1.5 miles north of the property inviting you to soak your cares away in pebble bottom, natural hot springs. Conveniently located 2.2 miles from the historic Redstone Inn and the heart of Redstone.
Interaction with guests
We will try to greet you at the very least upon your arrival. There is always a welcome booklet/house manual waiting in your room, regardless of face-to-face meetings.
Other things to note
You will not have cell phone reception for the commute here from either direction for at least 13 miles(Carbondale to the North). We have a tower extender and cell phone connections on the property, your cellphone and wireless devices will function normally while on the property. Keep in mind if you are lost cell phone reception is slim to none on the way here. The Redstone General Store has a phone and wireless they allow their customers to use. They are typically open every day from 9am-6pm year round.
**Please make sure you read the listing in its entirety**
Look, we hate having to lay out rules as much as you hate having to follow them. So we've identified the things that are REALLY important to us so please read them and be respectful of our needs so we can be great hosts for you.
* BE ON TIME: We'll expect you to work with us to find a mutually acceptable check-in time and commit to arriving at the agreed upon time. We are pretty flexible for the most part but if we need to be there in person for your check-in, timeliness is of great importance.
* PROFILE PICTURE: Please upload a profile picture where we can identify you by sight. This is our only way of ensuring we let you in and not a stranger.
* NO ENTERTAINING: We are perfectly happy having people pop by to pick up our guests, but we would prefer that you not use our home to entertain them. We'd be happy to help you find other places to spend time with your family and friends, for example working out details to pack a picnic to take to the mountains or making a dinner reservation.
* OVERNIGHT GUESTS: All overnight guests must be approved in advance through the booking process and are subject to an additional fee as noted in the price.
* COOKING: You are welcome to use the microwave, glassware and dishes for anything you've brought for yourself. That means the stove, oven, cookware and knives are to be used only by us. If you desire a home-cooked meal instead of eating out, you must work that out in advance. Again, we are pretty laid back but would like to schedule kitchen time for you and for ourselves if that detail is of importance to your trip.
*NO EATING IN YOUR ROOM: If you intend to eat at home, please sit down in the kitchen, dining room, or on the back porch instead of eating in your room. Drinks can be had anywhere in the house.
* DOGS: Please do not instant book if you plan on bringing your dog. We charge an additional fee for your pet's overnight accommodations that you must agree to in advance. We cannot commit to dog-sitting so unattended dogs must be crated.
* NO SMOKING: There is no smoking of any kind in the house or on the deck/porch. Smoking is allowed only in the designated smoking areas outside.
* QUIET HOURS: We prefer to keep it to a dull roar after midnight and before 7am. Ya gotta sleep some time. Waking us up in the middle of the night is not cool.
* NO CHILDREN UNDER 12 - We're childless and have never learned how to make our home safe for small kids so it's not - trust us.
* LEAVE BEHIND WHAT YOU DON'T USE: We'll do our best to anticipate what you may need by way of extra towels, blankets or such. Shampoo, conditioner, and soap are available while you are staying with us along with some other spiffs and we expect you to leave behind what you don't use during your stay. If you don't see what you need, please ask.
* FRIDGE USAGE AND BREAKFAST: Feel free to put a few things in the fridge - leftovers, beer, snacks - whatever. We'll have a breakfast bar and self serve coffee for you. If you have a request, please tell us since we might not have it and you can't be mad at us for that. There is always fresh fruit and toast. We drink dark roast, so if you don't like it caffeinated, too dark or too strong, let's discuss it before you arrive. We also have a wide variety of caffeinated and herbal teas.
* USE OF OUR HOME: You are welcome in all common areas of the home and our yard. Want to play some music or watch a show on your laptop - go for it. You may want to bring headphones if you watch during quiet hours. Remember - we don't have a TV in any of the rooms, just the common area living room.
* ASK IF YOU HAVE A QUESTION OR ISSUE: The key is, we're almost always here, just ask if you need something or want to know something. We appreciate the opportunity to make things more comfortable for you. If we aren't here, just text. We'll point you in the right direction.
* We expect you will respect our home.
* Picking up after yourself in common areas is important.
* Please ask before starting laundry. (2 load maximum) NEVER do the house laundry. Never.
* We understand that accidents happen. But we do ask that you please let us know when they do. Chances are we can fix them as effortlessly as possible which also means better chances of having your full security deposit returned too.
* Any significant damage will result in the loss of security deposit.
* What you do in your personal time is entirely up to you, but when staying at our place we have a strict no illegal drug use policy. This is just the law… not so much one of our rules.