You’ll love staying here because of the spectacular 360˚ views on a private 15 acre property. You'll have the entire canyon and ATV/Hiking trails to yourself, rock hunters will love the abundance of agate rocks around the property. Conveniently and easily accessible right off of Hwy 89. My place is good for couples, solo adventurers, and families. NOTE if you are looking for a bigger place closer to Zion open year-round checkout my other cabin off Hwy 89 here: http://airbnb.com/rooms/20435880
Property is OFF-GRID, that means it is not connected to the electrical grid. Power comes from a top of the line energy efficient Honda generator and a 500 gallon propane tank. Make sure you read my house rules before you book.
Awesome open floor plan, great for cooking and hanging out in the living room with friends and family. No neighbors, no noise, just have fun and enjoy the peaceful outdoors and wildlife.
Miles of off-road ATV, motocross, and hiking back country trails up into Rock Canyon directly accessed from the back yard. Note these trails are not accessible other than through this property, there is no pass through traffic. Bring your dog(s) off leash walking trails all around the property. Grab your fishing poles and walk to a secret tunnel that goes under Hwy 89 and go trout fishing in the Sevier river.
Other things to note
Recommend your first night to arrive before nightfall. Hwy 89 is very dark, a lot of guests end up driving past the house driveway entrance several times before they find it, it's much easier to find in daylight. Once you know where the house is getting here after dark won't be a problem. My house in Rock Canyon is located 3 miles South of the intersection of Hwy 89 and Hwy 12 Utah.
- Regarding pets, only dogs are allowed. There is an outside wood shed your dog may sleep in or if you bring your dog inside it must be clean and is not allowed on any furniture (bring your own doggy bed). Also please make sure to cleanup after your dog around the outside yard area.
- Please leave shoes next to the front door entrance.
- Turn generator off when you are not home and or at night if it is warm and you do not need to run the furnace for heat.
- Please drive slowly on the driveway and parking area.
- Not recommended for children under 5 years of age, the house is not child proof.
I live in Hawaii however my Mom Jeannie and her husband David live 1 mile down Hwy. 89, they will be your local hosts. Jeannie and or David will meet you upon your arrival and give you a short tour of the house and show you how to operate the generator and answer any questions you might have.
Aloha, I currently live in Hawaii on the island of Oahu with my wife and two children. Professionally I'm a software programmer but when I'm off work I enjoy going to the beach (kite-boarding) and coaching soccer. I'm into anything sports related and love being outdoors. The thing I miss most about living in Hawaii is skiing and snowboarding.