About this listing
If you are looking to visit Chicago but like to escape to more peaceful accommodations after your day of exploring, our 2-bedroom, 1-bath, newly renovated 2-flat house in Forest Park is the perfect place. The house is just a short walk from the CTA Blue line giving you easy access to the city.
This is an open, bright and comfortable home that has been fully renovated, but still has the historic charm of an older house (early 1900s). With a completely updated kitchen you have everything you need to fix a good meal from the local/fresh food from the many farmer's markets around (May - Oct), or you can choose to eat out at one of the many restaurants and bars/brew pubs within close proximity. Grocers such as Whole Foods and Trader Joes are also close by. There is wifi and a smart TV with AT&T cable, Amazon Instant Video, VUDU, Netflix and Opera TV. The apartment has an office nook with a desk and chair for getting you work done, or you can kick back and relax in the living and dining spaces. The bedrooms are small but cozy, and each bedroom has a queen sized bed and closet space for your belongings. The common spaces of the home are large and open with high ceilings. The sunroom/front porch is shared with the upstairs tenant, but they rarely use it. When we visit, we occasionally bring our dogs. The apartment is cleaned thoroughly, but just FYI for those that might be allergic.
• You will be staying on the first floor (parlor floor) of a 2-flat house.
• There are steps from the street level / sidewalk outside up to the first floor (parlor floor) and stairs at the back door from the parking area.
• 1 parking space behind house is included (additional space may be available upon request)
• The front door lock is electronic and a code will be sent to your cellphone. You will also receive a code to a lockbox containing a key for the front screen door.
• The house is on a corner lot with a fenced-in yard.
• Laundry room in basement can be used upon request at the time of booking.
• The second-floor unit has a permanent tenant. Please do not disturb the tenant with questions or excessive loudness.
Interaction with guests
You can contact us at any time if something comes up. If there is an urgent issue that needs attention, we will have someone there as soon as possible to resolve your issue.
Other things to note
Farmer's markets (usually May-Oct) are in Oak Park (Saturdays; Pilgrim Church Parking lot at 460 Lake St.); Park Forest (north of Forest Park- located in the parking lot closest to 271 Lakewood Blvd, at the corner of Lakewood Boulevard and Cunningham Drive, just across from the Park Forest Police Department. Saturdays); and our favorite one in Chicago = Logan Square Market-year around (URL HIDDEN)
- No parties. Please respect our house as you would your own. A permanent tenant lives upstairs. Please do not disrupt the tenant. Thank you!
- Please clean up after yourself. Put dishes in dishwasher (not wooden spoons and coffee press) and put clean dishes up. If the kitchen is a mess, $50 will be taken off the security deposit.
- Please place a bathmat by the tub when you shower for safety to avoid slipping. Thank you!
- If you stay for longer than 7 days, we will ask to have / schedule additional maid service.
-If you use the umbrella on the outside picnic bench, please close it when you are done / before you leave the area. High winds will damage the umbrella.
Cancel up to 7 days before your trip and get a 50% refund. Cancel within 7 days of your trip and the reservation is non-refundable.
We live in Naptown and visit the Chicago area often for business and pleasure. We enjoy nature, but love getting away to the city now and again. We find that Forest Park is a friendly neighborhood that has its own personality and great restaurants to offer but is close to Chicago with easy access. We hope you like the house as much as we do!