Guests love staying in this spotless home filled with colorful art. New beds and appliances plus wood and tile floors make it a cheery and relaxing place for families and groups. Nice kitchen, sunny patio, safe backyard with trees, covered parking, laundry room (shared with separate listing). Pack-and-play for small guests. A short walk to 1,000-acre McAllister Park yet central to all San Antonio has to offer! Airport is 8 min. away | Downtown 17 min. | Lackland 30 min. Kids + Pets Welcome!
San Antonio artist Christopher Moroney filled his lovely home with prints and originals of his published works of art. The updated kitchen has all-new appliances including oven, refrigerator, dishwasher, microwave, toaster and coffee maker. The deep double stainless steel sink has new fixtures, and built in drinking water filtration (reverse osmosis). The entire house has treated water via a Kinetico water softener and filtration system.
Three bedrooms and the pull-out sofa in the living room provide beds for eight adults: Bedroom #1 has a new IKEA king-size bed; Bedroom #2 has a new queen size bed, and Bedroom #3 has two single twin beds. The pull out is a queen size bed.
The entire place, indoors-and-out, is beautifully maintained by the owners. A new air conditioning and heating system, hot water heater, and many other small touches add quality and comfort. The bathrooms have been updated with high quality new fixtures.
The neighborhood is quiet and tree-lined. The gardens in both the front and back of the house give it a relaxed feel. There are outdoor living spaces on the front terrace, the back patio, and under the Texas Oaks -- plenty of space for privacy, indoors and out.
The lively atmosphere of the house is special due to the many years of music making —it has been the rehearsal space for San Antonio Vocal Arts Ensemble since 1990. There's evidence of that in the interesting musical instruments and drums that are placed around the house. In addition, since 2005 two visiting Tibetan Buddhist monks have made the house their teaching and living headquarters in San Antonio.
A separate private studio apartment (1/1) is available for larger groups (see listing for " Lovely Designer Studio with Garden View".) The two units share the laundry room and covered driveway on the back side of the house. Guests can park on either the covered rear driveway or in front of the house on the street. The rear covered parking has space for two full-size cars ( 1 space for each unit).
This property can be entered from two sides: from the street on the front side and from the back via the rear drive. Guests have access to the entire 3/2 house, full service laundry room (shared with separate apartment listing), front yard terrace seating, shaded back yard with BBQ, tiled patio with table and chairs. House guests share the covered carport and driveway with the apartment.
Other things to note
The rear apartment on this same property may also be occupied by other Air BnB guests for all or part of your stay. There are two completely separate entrances into the house and two for the apartment, so it's not a privacy issue. If you do bring a small dog, you will need to be mindful of the other guests.
1. A large Dog Park is located inside nearby McAllister Park. The 1000 acre park is a very short 3-minute walk through the neighborhood, the dog park is well inside. Once in the park there is a series of miles-and-miles of paved and unpaved trails suitable for walking running, biking, and cross-country hiking—all connecting to the Salado Creek Greenbelt.
2. An Olympic pool is a short 3 minute drive at Blossom Athletic Center, and has adult lane swimming most weekdays. It costs $4 a swim, and is free for seniors over 65.
1. Guest confirms they are age 21 or older.
2. Guest will show government photo ID (matches reservation) upon arrival*.
*For arrivals after 8:00 pm IDs will be verified the following morning.
3. Guest agrees that no unlawful activity will take place on the property.
4. Guest agrees that alcohol will not be consumed by person under 21
(Legal age in State of Texas).
5. Guest agrees not to leave pet(s) in backyard when they are away.
RENTAL AGREEMENT | RULES & TERMS OF SERVICE
Blossom Park Garden Home & Magnolia Blossom Studio Apartment
Christopher & Covita Moroney, Owners
Tenants/Guests/Renters who rent a unit at 12107 Magnolia Blossom, San Antonio Texas 78247 agree to adhere to the following rules and regulations:
A. USE RESTRICTIONS
1. MINIMUM AGE: Primary Tenant/Guest must be at least 21 years old, and must be present for the rental period. Upon arrival, Tenant/Guest will present the owner proof of identity and age, as demonstrated by a valid driver’s license, passport or other government-issued photo identification. If Tenant/Guest fails to meet minimum age requirement, owner (or his agent) may immediately evict Tenants and their guests—and all payments made by Primary Tenant/Guest will be immediately forfeited. Any reservation obtained under false pretense will be subject to forfeiture of advance payment, and the party will not be permitted to check-in.
2. NO ILLEGAL ACTS: Renter will comply with all statutes, ordinances, and requirements of all municipal, state and federal authorities while on the property. The rental property shall be treated with respect and consideration. This includes underage drinking and the use of illegal substances of all kinds. Any violations of the above stated policy will result in eviction from the premises without notice and without refund of any deposits or rents.
B. ARRIVAL & DEPARTURE
1. ARRIVAL time is 3:00 pm
Guests will contact the owner to provide estimated arrival time. The owner will greet Guests at arrival time to check guest I.D. (as demonstrated by a valid driver’s license, passport or other government-issued photo identification), provide keys, and clarify instructions. Guests may be allowed to check in early. Call or text to inquire: Covita Moroney (own(PHONE NUMBER HIDDEN).
2. DEPARTURE time is 11:00 am
Because owner needs ample time to prepare the home for the next rental, late check-outs are generally not permitted. Guests who have not left on time will be charged at a rate of $50 for each hour past standard 11:00 am checkout. Penalties may include additional daily or nightly rental fees and/or loss of revenue incurred by house not being available for the next group of tenants.
3. EARLY DEPARTURE
Early departure does not warrant any refund of rent or deposit. If you plan to leave prior to your scheduled departure date, notify us by phone at (PHONE NUMBER HIDDEN) or via (EMAIL HIDDEN)
4. ARRIVAL CONDITION / 1-HOUR NOTIFICATION
The home is inspected for cleanliness before your arrival. Please report anything that is not in acceptable condition within one hour of your arrival. Anything not reported in that time frame will be deemed to have been acceptable upon Guests’ arrival.
5. NO INDOOR SMOKING
Smoking is strictly prohibited inside the rental unit. There are several outdoor spaces available for smoking. Evidence of smoking inside the unit will result in: a.) immediate eviction; and
b.) forfeiture of all amounts paid. No refund is provided when guest is removed for smoking.
C. RATES - PAYMENTS - CANCELLATIONS
Your rates are locked in at the time reservation is confirmed by making an initial deposit. However, up until the time of making your reservation firm by making a deposit, the rates are subject to change.
Payments are accepted exclusively through the Guests’ accounts at either Airbnb or (SENSITIVE CONTENTS HIDDEN).
The cancellation policy differs slightly depending on rental site used:
Airbnb Booking Cancellation Policy:
• Full refund 5 days prior to arrival, except fees
• Cleaning fees are always refunded if the guest did not check in.
• The Airbnb service fee is non-refundable.
• Applicable taxes will be retained and remitted.
• A reservation is officially canceled when the guest clicks the cancellation button on the
cancellation confirmation page, which they can find in:
Dashboard > Your Trips > Change or Cancel.
(SENSITIVE CONTENTS HIDDEN) Booking Cancellation Policy:
• Bookings canceled at least 14 days before the start of the stay receive a 100% refund.
• Bookings canceled at least 7 days before the start of the stay will receive a 50% refund.
• Cancellations must be made by 12:00 PM (Central Standard Time) day.
• A reservation is officially canceled by referencing your reservation confirmation email
which provides instructions on how to cancel.
D. EARLY DEPARTURE
Early departure does not warrant any refund of rent or deposit. Should there be a fire, flood, sale of the property or any other circumstance that would prevent the owner from renting the property, the owner reserves the right to cancel the reservation at any time. The renter’s sole remedy for said cancellation is a full refund of all rent payments, cleaning fees and any security deposit paid. If such an event occurs after check-in, renter’s sole remedy is a pro-rated refund.
E. SHARED SPACES
The property consists of two rental units: 1) Magnolia Blossom Garden Home and 2) Blossom Park Studio Apartment. Each rental unit has two separate private entrances, with unique/separate keys to ensure security. Shared spaces include:
1. REAR DRIVEWAY PARKING: The double-wide driveway on the back side of the property can accommodate 2 full size cars. Guests must park in the area designated for the unit they have rented. NOTE: All large trucks should be parked in front street-side parking area.
2. FRONT STREET PARKING: Additional parking is available on the front street side of the house. A walkway alongside the left side of the house is available for Studio Apartment Guests to access the rear driveway and entrance to their unit.
3. LAUNDRY & SUPPLY ROOM: A shared laundry and supply room is located in between the Main House and Studio Apartment. Each unit has a heavyweight door with lock and deadbolt to prevent unwanted entry from the laundry area. In addition to a washer and dryer, an ironing board and extra towels, toilet paper, and garbage bags are stored in this area.
4. BACK YARD: The shared backyard is accessible to both the Main House and the Studio Apartment. Shared spaces in the back yard include:
• Tiled patio with picnic table adjacent to the entrance to Main House
• BBQ station and wooded seating area under the oaks at the back of the property
5. SIDE STORAGE:
A small uncovered outdoor area is available alongside the house, under the eaves. It is between two gates, and suitable for items such as bicycles. NOTE: Guests must provide their own locks in order to secure any items stored there. The gates cannot be locked.
F. CLEANING & INCLUSIVE FEES
No daily maid service is provided! Clean linens and bath towels are included in the unit, but daily maid service is not included in the rental rate. Rates include a one-time linen-towel setup. An additional set of clean towels and sheets is provided for each person. There is a shared laundry room for guests to launder sheets and towels during their stay, as needed. In addition, the unit will be furnished with an initial supply of paper towels, toilet paper, facial tissue, trash bags and dishwasher detergent. Additional sundry supplies are the responsibility of the renter. Other incidental sundries may be at the unit, but are not promised or guaranteed.
G. PET RESTRICTIONS
We love animals and trust pet owners will abide by the following rules:
¥ No dogs over 50 lbs.
¥ Maximum 2 dogs allowed. Exception: guests who rent both the main house and the studio apartment may have up to 4 smal dogs under 35 pounds.
• All dogs must be accompanied at all times, or securely crated inside the rental unit.
Evidence of dog violation will result in immediate eviction and forfeiture of all amounts paid.
• All cats must be kept securely crated* inside the rental unit.
¥ A maximum of two (2) cats are permitted
¥ Guests must provide, and dispose of, all cat litter during their stay.
Evidence of cat violation will result in immediate eviction and forfeiture of all amounts paid.
H. MAXIMUM OCCUPANCY
Magnolia Blossom Garden Home (Main House):
The listed maximum occupancy of eight (8) persons must be adhered to. If occupancy is exceeded, you may be asked to vacate and forfeit any refund.
Blossom Park Studio Apartment (Rear Apartment): The listed occupancy of four (4) persons must be adhered to. If maximum occupancy is exceeded, you may be asked to vacate and forfeit any refund.
I. EXCESSIVE NOISE
The house is in a quiet residential neighborhood. Quiet time is from 10:00 pm until 9:00 am. Tenants agree to use common sense in keeping noise volume low after dark. Any enforcement actions by law enforcement are at the Guests’ sole risk and expense, and may result in additional charges or immediate eviction without refund of any deposits or rents. Be aware that some neighbors to this home are renters and some are permanent residents. As owners, we expect that the peace and privacy of the neighbors to this home be respected at all times.
J. ASSIGNMENT OR SUBLETTING
The Primary Tenant/Guest will not assign this agreement to another person or sublet any portion of either the Main House or Studio Apartment.
K. AUTOMOBILE LIABILITY & PARKING
Guests assumes all liability and responsibility for loss, damages, or costs incurred as the result of their vehicle or trailer being parked at or near the rental property. Tenant is advised not to park large trailers at or near the unit without Owner’s prior written permission. Each unit has access to one (1) covered and lighted parking space on the rear drive side of the property. Additional parking is available on the well-lit street at the front of the house.
L. UNIT MAINTENANCE AND PROPERTY DAMAGE
We strive to ensure that all facilities are in good repair and everything is in working order. However, there may be an occasion when an amenity is unavailable, is out of order, or breaks down during occupancy. We will strive to make immediate repairs or replacements. However, if neither is reasonably possible due to time or availability of parts or service we cannot guarantee these items. Refunds based on malfunctions or circumstances beyond our control will be negotiated on a pro-rated basis.
M. ENTRY or EVICTION:
1. ENTRY Owner retains the right to enter the premises (a) in case of an emergency, (b) to make necessary or agreed repairs, alterations, improvements, supply necessary or agreed services, show the premises to workers or contractors, (c) when renter has abandoned or left the premises or (d) when eviction is necessary due to breach of contract. Entry may only be made with prior notice to renter.
Violation of these rules may lead to eviction. If served an eviction notice due to a violation, tenants and guests must vacate the rental property within 20 minutes of the eviction notice. All personal property must be removed and exit completed within that 20 minute period.
N. INDEMNIFICATION: LOSS OR INJURY
By renting this property tenet guests understand and agree that the owners are not responsible for any accidents, injuries or illness that occur while on the premises or its facilities unless such damage is the legal result of negligence or willful misconduct by the owner. Tenant guests agree that owners are not responsible for the loss of personal belongings or valuables of the renter or their guests. By makingh this reservation, it is agreed that all renters/guests are expressly assuming the risk of any harm arising from their use of the premises or others whom they invite to use the premise. Tenant guests shall indemnify and hold harmless the property owner from all damages, injuries, claims, costs and expenses related to acts, events or omissions occurring in, on or about the property, or arising out of or in any way related to renter's use or occupancy of the property, renter's breach of any term of this Lease, or any work, activity or thing done, permitted or suffered by renter in, on or about the property.
Failure of Owner/Manager to enforce any provision of this agreement will not be deemed a waiver. This Agreement shall be governed by and interpreted in accordance with the laws of the State of Texas\. In any action or proceeding involving a dispute between owner and renter arising from this agreement, the prevailing party will be entitled to reasonable attorney fees and costs incurred.
P. DAMAGE/SECURITY DEPOSIT
The cancellation policy differs slightly depending on rental site used:
Airbnb Booking Damages Policy:
At the time of booking on Air BnB, guests agree to pay up to $500 in damages, provided the owner files a claim with Air BnB within 14 days of checkout.
(SENSITIVE CONTENTS HIDDEN) Damages Policy:
Home Away guests can choose a) a $59 cost property damage policy that covers up to $1,500 accidental damages, where you will be the beneficiary, or b) a refundable $500 damage deposit that's equivalent to the full policy coverage amount that you select
8. THESE CONDITIONS MUST BE MET:
• Beds that have been used are left unmade so that housekeeping may determine use.
• All used towels and washcloths are left on the bathroom floor.
• No dirty dishes left;
• All food is removed from the refrigerator and cabinets and disposed of.
• All trash and debris are placed in trash receptacles.
• No items are missing and no damage is done to the home or its contents, beyond normal wear and tear.
32. ENTIRE AGREEMENT
The foregoing constitutes the entire agreement between the parties and may be modified only in writing and signed by all parties. Each section, subsection or paragraph of this Agreement shall be deemed severable. If for any reason any portion of this Agreement is unenforceable, that portion shall not affect the applicability or validity of any other portion of this Agreement. This agreement and any modifications, including photocopies or facsimiles, may be signed in one or more counterparts, each of which will be deemed an original and all of which taken together will constitute one and the same instrument. If there is more than one renter, all renters are jointly and severally liable under this rental agreement. By placing a reservation, ALL terms and conditions of this agreement are deemed accepted and receipt of the information herein acknowledged.
We love San Antonio and are happy to answer any questions, give recommendations, tips, and insider knowledge of downtown. Our top three "Must Do" activities:
1. Walk from The Pearl to King William via the River Walk
2. Eat at Mi Tierra in Market Square
3. Visit the five historic San Antonio Missions
Christopher and I married in 1977, and move to San Antonio in 1980. As artists and musicians, we headed West from Boston in search of opportunity "Out West".
Christopher is a professional designer, illustrator and musician. I am a nonprofit management consultant. In addition to family, our cats, and travel our three big areas of interest are:
1. Music — we founded the San Antonio Vocal Arts Ensemble (SAVAE) in 1989 and have six commercial recordings. We've done 80+ concert tours across the country and have been featured in national newspapers and on NPR.
2. Art — Christopher is a highly-regarded designer and illustrator. You will see his work all over the house. There are 50+ children's books he's illustrated on the shelves in addition to the framed art.
3. Tibetan Buddhism — We have a close relationship with two Tibetan monks, who are our teachers and Dharma friends. Over the past 12 years these great Lamas have stayed with us at the house for months at a time, teaching Buddhism right in the living room!
We do love to travel, and are DYI travelers, having avoided organized tours. We've been to India (to visit the monks mentioned above). We've also travelled to Israel, Bolivia, Peru, Mexico, Canada, and Spain. We're lucky to have family in Massachusetts (where Christopher was born) and on Cape Cod — where we played music after Berklee College of Music. We have siblings and many relatives in Hawaii who've been there for 35+ years—so we know the Islands pretty well. Last, but not least, we have lots of family in California (North and South) where Covita was born.
You are very welcome to enjoy the home we cherished for 35 years. In 2017 we relocated to a different part of town in order to care for Christopher's 88-year old Mother. As for the rental house, we are very hand-on, doing the yard work and laundry, cleaning (etc.) ourselves because we have loved this house for many years and want to remain connected.