Cozy villa with three studio apartments, a garden, and a pool, located in a safe, quaint, yet very accessible area by the edge of Coco Beach.
Full supermarket is only a 2 minute walk away, town center (where all the action is happening) is only a 10 minute walk and the beach is 10-15 minutes.
24 hour taxi service is also available, which will take you anywhere in a heartbeat and costs about $2 locally.
A/C, free WiFi, hot water, kitchen, refrigerators, property caretaker on-site.
The villa is two stories and consists of four studio apartments (2 downstairs, 2 upstairs), as well as a large unit with 2 stories in which I live when I'm there.
One of the downstairs studios is occupied by the property caretaker, Flavio, who will be happy to assist you with anything you may need.
The three studio apartments are available for guests! All studios are equipped with all modern amenities including A/C units, private bathrooms and showers with hot water, etc.
There is a large shared kitchen outside of the studios, where you are more than welcome to cook anything you like. It has two stoves (one electric & one gas) and plenty of dishes as well as pots & pans. There is also a BBQ grill on the property.
The pool is, of course, available to everyone anytime and is a great way to relax after (or during!) a hot day. It is freshwater and is cleaned daily.
The property has ample space for parking within the perimeter, so feel free to leave your rental car here (or anything else) with total peace of mind.
Interaction with guests
The property caretaker, Flavio, lives on the property in one of the studios and looks after the property to ensure everything is clean, functional, and up to standards. Although his English is somewhat limited, he is always eager to help and make sure your stay is as pleasant as possible.
I will also be available to answer any questions and help you with anything you need, either in-person (if I'm there) or via quick email responses.
Other things to note
While I do everything in my power to keep everything running smoothly and try make the experience great even by western standards, it is, after all, Central America. If this is your first time visiting, I feel it's fair to give a quick heads up about a couple of things:
- During the wet season (May - November), the internet service could get spotty if there are excessive rains. If you are visiting during these months and need a 100% stable connection (i.e. if you're working), it may help to get 4G internet as a failover if the line goes out.
- Running hot water is not really a thing in Central America and few houses have it. Our hot water "implementation" in the villa uses solar heating; this means that if you try to use the shower at 5-6am (before the sun is up), it might not be as warm as you'd like.
That's it! Feel free to contact me if you have any questions, and I hope you enjoy your stay!
- No smoking inside; outside is fine
- Don't host parties. Having a BBQ with a few friends who are staying with you is ok, hosting a 10 person party and blasting music until 3am is not :)
- Just overall be respectful, use common sense, treat this as if it was your house - and you'll be fine!