Villa Nasara (Guest House) has a living room with TV and DVD/CD player. A dining area with a dining table and six chairs and a bathroom with shower are part of the downstairs living space. The house is equipped with a refrigerator, serving and dining dishes, glasses, and utensils. A microwave and hotwater heater are also available. Sliding doors open both sides to the gardens. The upstairs area has two bedrooms and a bathroom. The Master bedroom has a small porch and inside sitting area.
In the gardens located behind the Guest House are two serving/eating areas. Trees and flowers decorate the garden areas together with large natural rocks, plants, and ceramic pots. There is a swing below the olive tree for kids or those young at heart. A covered pathway leads from the Guest House to the gazebo which overlooks the large lotus pond. The views from the garden include rice fields and the heavily forested national park.
The entire grounds of Villa Nasara are open to guests to enjoy. Visit the many types of fruit trees, bamboo, and raintree plantings throughout the gardens and along the lotus pond. Open views of the national park are available from three sides of the property.
Other things to note
The village is within 10 minutes drive to art and culture (Art Bridge Gallery, Museum and restaurant; Baan Dam Gallery & Museum), Baan Du Market; Pongprabat hot springs and is located near the Pongprabat Waterfalls in the national park.
- Please take special care around the antiques, especially if you have children. Our homes are filled with one of a kind art and pottery.
- Please remove your shoes before entering the house.
- We have a German Shepherd on the property that will remain locked up in his pen during your stay. Please do not attempt to befriend or pet him.
- Please do not smoke indoors at any time. Smoking is acceptable outside the houses.
- The onsite caretakers do not speak English, but are very familiar with the house, garden and utilities. Please do not hesitate to contact them if you need assistance or any items replenished. They live in the compound adjacent to the driveway and behind the covered car parking.
- If you wish to use the property for a large event, please notify us to get approval and make arrangements. Large events will be allowed for an additional fee on a case by case basis.
- The garden is planted with many tropical fruit trees. You are welcome to taste the different fruits. The caretaker is available to help if needed.
No reviews (yet)
This home doesn’t have any reviews. If you stay here, your review will appear here.
Nasara and Richard live mostly in Bangkok, and have built their dream resort in Chiang Rai, Northern Thailand, where they enjoy the fresh mountain air, peaceful rural environment, and beautiful views of the neighboring rice fields, mountains and protected national forest. In Chiang Rai, they enjoy visiting the many artists, cultural and natural attractions in the area.
Richard is an Environmental Engineer living in Thailand for over 45 years. He continues to work part-time as an Independent Consultant in Environmental Management throughout the Mekong River Basin.
Nasara is retired from Administration Management at a prestigious university in Bangkok, and now actively enjoys being a grandmother.