Comfortable room, near beaches and Newport. Lovely, quiet neighborhood. 5-minute drive from the local beaches, and only 10 minutes from Newport. Bike to beaches, local farmstands, vineyards, or to the Sakonnet Greenway Trail. There is a lovely "shingle" beach within a 10 minute walk. Retreat to the large private yard. Sometimes you can even hear the surf, with the windows open. You are sure to have a relaxing and restful stay in our home.
Clean, comfortable, private first floor bedroom with queen bed and quality linens. The guest room is on the first floor, along with a living room, kitchen/family room, dining room, and private full bathroom in the hallway between the kitchen and guest room. Bathroom, with tub/shower is reserved for use by the guest only. The house is equipped with central A/C, with a separate zones on each floor. You will have the ability to adjust the temperature to your liking, or to open the windows and enjoy the fresh ocean air. There is also a ceiling fan in the room.
My college student daughter and I are happy to welcome you to our home. Although, she is away at school most of the year. We both lead pretty busy lives and will be in/out a lot. Our private bedrooms and bathroom are on the second floor.
We have two pets - Dora, a small and very sweet/friendly dog; and Nala, the cat who is also sweet, but a bit looney, and likely won't come anywhere near you. We do try to keep the pets out of the guest room, and we are all very quiet.
We do keep some personal items in this guest room - located in the closet. You will have access to a drawer in the bedside table, and ability to hang items in the closet. I can also provide an iron upon request.
If interested, we do also have another guest room on the second floor with two twin beds.
You are welcome to use the kitchen, family room, deck/patio, and yard during your stay. We also have a water filtration system, so you are welcome to fill water bottles with purified water. Also available is a Keurig machine for coffee/tea and a tea kettle.
The second floor of the home is our private living quarters, and is off-limits to guests.
Interaction with guests
I do live in the house, and will likely be available during the evening and in the mornings. I will be happy to answer questions and share information about the local area, as well as directions and recommendations on what to do or where to eat.
Other things to note
Towels, blow dryer, shampoo, conditioner, soap, toothpaste, mouthwash, and other personal care accessories are available for your use during your stay, in the event that you forget yours.
Check-in and check-out times may be flexible, depending on the arrival/departure schedule of other guests, so if you need to check in or out outside of the designated times, just ask! We will try to accommodate your request, if possible.
• Please respect us, our home, contents, pets. We promise to show you the utmost respect as well.
• Quiet hours are from 11pm–8am
• Absolutely no smoking anywhere on the property.
• Wet/dirty shoes off at door please.
• No guests allowed other than those designated in the reservation without prior consent of the host.
• No candle burning allowed.
• Lights and water must be turned off when not in use.
• Please do not leave any food trash in the guest room.
• You may leave the bed unmade upon checkout.
• Kitchen put used dishes in the dishwasher.
• Trash is under the left of the sink. Please be mindful of recycling any/all cardboard and plastic. The recycling bin is just outside the door to the garage, to the left.
• Ensure that all appliances are turned off (oven, stove) when you are done using them.
• Please use bathroom fan when taking a shower, and please wipe up any excess water on the floor, counter, etc.
• Wet/dirty towels to be left on hooks in bathroom, or in bathtub upon checkout.
• As we are on Septic system, please respect the environment and only flush a minimal amount of toilet paper.
• Please leave our home in the same condition as when you arrived. In the event of a spill, or other situation that requires cleaning, and you'll find cleaning supplies in the bathroom closet. There is a dust pan and brush behind the kitchen trash can.
• The second floor and basement of the house are off-limits to guests.