My place is close to iconic Brunswick St Fitzroy, Fitzroy North and Carlton shops bars and restaurants and Edinburgh Gardens. Melbourne Uni and RMIT. Queen Vic market, Flemington Racecourse and all the major hospitals. Close to MCG, Tennis Centre, Melbourne CBD. You’ll love my place because it captures the essence of modern city living with its breathtaking display of inspired architectural creativity and first class finesse. It's good for business travellers, families (with kids), big groups.
You will be staying in a stunning new townhouse with high quality fittings and furnishings. The windows are double glazed and there is reverse cycle air conditioning in most rooms. We have a security alarm which you may use to protect your belongings when out and about. There is unlimited free wifi and Foxtel. You have use of the remote controlled garage for one car, and there is plenty of parking available most times in the local streets.
The main bedroom is upstairs and has a king size bed and an ensuite, the second bedroom is on the same level and there is a separate full bathroom. The downstairs bedroom has a queen bed and a day bed which can convert into a single or double, and there is an outdoor courtyard. The middle level is living, kitchen, dining and powder room, and an all weather balcony. All beds are super comfy and come with natural fibre quilts, a cotton blanket for warmer nights, and plenty of pillows. All the bed linen and towels are hotel grade cotton. The kitchen has European appliances, and is well stocked with crockery, cutlery, pots, pans, baking dishes, and utensils. The pantry and fridge come partially stocked with breakfast provisions for your enjoyment. A bottle of Mornington Peninsula Pinot Noir and chocolates will await your arrival. There is a european laundry with washer and dryer which you are welcome to use.
A porta cot and high chair are available on request at an additional fee.
guests have access to all rooms and areas. There is a balcony and an outdoor courtyard. Please do not smoke on the balcony, courtyard is fine but please dispose of butts thoughtfully in the ashtray, not the pots. The only private space is the upstairs linen cupboard.
Interaction with guests
I am happy to offer advise on travel and going out, and if required will rectify any problems during your stay, but I will leave you to enjoy Curtain Place on your own. I can most easily be contacted on the numbers provided.
- no smoking inside, if you smoke in the rear courtyard please use the ashtray not the garden or pots.
- Check in between 3pm and 2am, check out by 11 am
- Please be respectful of our neighbours for whom this street is their home and keep noise to a reasonable level.
- PLEASE NOTE: excess noise between the hours of 11pm Friday and Saturday and 8am the next day, and between 10pm Sunday to Thursday and 7am the next day, that impacts on our neighbours will incur a $500 fine from the guest's security bond. No guests are to be on the balcony during these hours, the same fine will apply.
- Please leave the house tidy and turn off the air con on departure.
- a cleaning fee will be charged if a guest has smoked inside or if the house is left in a dirty state. Up to $300 will be deducted from the bond for cleaning and deodorising.
- Please wash and dry any pots and pans and put the dishwasher on when you depart.
- Curtain Place is fitted with high quality furniture, beds, linen and fittings. Please treat what we have provided with respect so you and future guests can enjoy them.
- Damage to the house or contents will incur a cleaning, repair or replacement fee. This includes permanent or significant damage to fixtures and fittings and contents beyond normal wear and tear. It also includes staining of linen, towels, mattresses or carpets.
- Lost keys or parking permits will also incur a replacement fee.
- Strictly no events or parties without prior written approval.
- Only the registered number of guests may stay in the house. Additional undeclared guests will result in the loss of the security bond. No sleeping on the floor or couches.
I love good wine, running, horses, dogs and reading. I enjoy beach holidays where I can do as little or as much as I want to. I am vegan and love that Fitzroy and surrounds offer so many great vegan and vegetarian options.
I will offer you advise and assistance if you need it but stay out of your way if you don't.