Point Venture Retreat is a vacation rental property located on Lake Travis, in Point Venture, Texas, 20 miles west of Austin, in the Heart of the Texas Hill Country.
This is good spot for couples, solo adventurers, and families (with kids).
Our renovated and redecorated town-home (new kitchen, beds, counter tops, Spanish tile, bamboo floors, and tiled showers) has two bedrooms, a loft, two full baths and 350 square feet of decks on 2 levels. It can sleep 8 with all the comforts of home. The master bedroom has a king-sized bed, the downstairs bedroom has a double bunk bed, and the loft has a queen size futon. There is also a queen-sized sleeper sofa in the living room.
From Point Venture Retreat you will have private access to the lake with your own swim dock, and will enjoy beautiful views of the lake while relaxing on the 2 levels of decks. The wood burning fireplace is a welcome attraction during the colder, winter months. Private driveway parking is provided for up to 4 vehicles and/or boat trailers.
Full access to the house and all the amenities including a pool, exercise facility, and 50 acre park.
Interaction with guests
Welcome: We hope you enjoy our lakeside town home as much as we do! When you arrive, relax and make yourself at home at Point Venture Retreat. It is a privilege to share this with you, our friends, and we would love to continue our rental program for years to come. We realize that it's not a 'plush' and 'fancy' resort hotel, but it's very special to us. We ask that you would respect and treat Point Venture Retreat as if it were yours.
Other things to note
The Gnarly Gar floating restaurant is in the mouth of the cove and provides good food drinks and entertainment. The Gnarly Gar restaurant is open year round. There are watercraft rentals located up the lake in Lago Vista or across the lake at the Lakeway Marina.
Groceries: Super S Foods - Local Grocer with everything you will need located at 1431 and Lohman Ford in Lago Vista
HEB - Full featured grocery store located at 1431 and Parmer Lane
RENTAL RULES AND REGULATIONS - Point Venture Retreat
1) CHECK IN TIME IS AFTER 3PM CST AND CHECK OUT IS 11AM CST. This agreement does not create a tenancy or residence. You must depart at the appropriate time. We appreciate your cooperation with these specific times, especially during the peak season months of June, July and August when we commonly have back-to-back renters.
2) This is a NON-SMOKING unit.
3) Charcoal grills are NOT PERMITTED in or on the decks of the Townhouse. Fines of up to $200 can be charged by Point Venture Fire Department if charcoal grills are used. Charcoal grills can be used in the grassy area in front of the property if the provided propane grill is not sufficient.
4) PETS are not permitted at Point Venture Retreat.
5) This property is privately owned and the management reserves the right to refuse service to anyone. You acknowledge and agree that the owners of Lake Travis Waterfront Townhome shall not be responsible for accidents or injury to our guests or their invitees or for any loss of money, jewelry, or valuables of any kind.
6) KITCHEN - The house has a full sized kitchen stocked with plates, cups, bowls, silverware, pots, pans, etc. and a propane gas grill. If you choose to use the kitchen for cooking, please leave it the way you found it. There will be a $25 fee deducted from your security deposit if the kitchen is not left clean.
7) We will not rent to vacationing students or singles under 25 years of age unless accompanied by an adult guardian or parent.
8) BOAT DOCK - Due to unforeseen weather changes and varying lake levels the dock may not be functional at the time of your stay. We will make every reasonable effort to ensure it’s functionality but cannot guarantee it.
9) DAMAGE/RESERVATION DEPOSIT - A damage/reservation deposit of $300 is required. This must be received when booking the reservation. The deposit is NOT applied toward rent; however, it is fully refundable within (14) days of departure, provided the following provisions are met.
a) No damage is done to unit or its contents, beyond normal wear and tear.
b) No charges are incurred due to contraband, pets, or collection of rents or services tendered during the stay.
c) All debris, rubbish, and discards are placed in dumpster, and soiled dishes are placed in the dishwasher and cleaned. One load of laundry is started.
d) All keys are left where they are found and unit is left locked (Replacement key charges will be assessed at $15 per door key and $40 per magnetic pool/amenity pass).
e) All charges accrued during the stay are paid prior to departure.
f) No linens are lost or damaged.
g) No evidence of pets and/or pet damage to Point Venture Retreat is found ($100 fee if found, plus damages).
h) No early check-in or late check-outs (unless mutually agreed upon in writing).
i) The renter is not evicted by the owner (or representative of the owner), the local law enforcement, or the security company employed by Point Venture Townhome Association.
Please be kind, and treat the house as it were your own. Any damages caused to any part of the house by guests misuse will be the responsibility of the guest(s) and charged to your credit card. If cleaning beyond the "normal" is required, a $50 fee will be deducted from you security deposit
10) MAXIMUM OCCUPANCY- The maximum number of guests is limited to eight (8) persons.
11) THIS PROPERTY REQUIRES A TWO (2) NIGHT MINIMUM STAY Longer minimum stays may be required during holiday periods. If a rental is taken for less than two days, the guest will be charged the two-night rate.
12) INCLUSIVE FEES – Rates include a one-time linen-towel set-up. Amenity fees are included in the rental rate with the exception of green fees for golf.
13) NO DAILY MAID SERVICE – While linens and bath towels are included in the unit, a daily maid service is not included in the rental rate; however it is available at an additional rate. We suggest you bring beach towels. We do not permit towels or linens to be taken from the units.
14) RATE CHANGES- Rates subject to change without notice.
15) FALSIFIED RESERVATIONS- Any reservation obtained under false pretense will be subject to forfeiture of advance payment, deposit, and/or rental money, and the party will not be permitted to check-in.
16) WRITTEN EXCEPTIONS – Any exceptions to the above mentioned policies must be approved in writing in advance.