I am very disappointed that there were perceived issues with your 5 day stay at my house, as there was no indication through text or e.mails that there were problems. Although our paths did not cross beyond the initial greeting, I did encourage you to communicate by text with any problems.
I would like to address some issues you mentioned
• I feel confident that the photos and information on the site accurately represent the room, as noted on past reviews.
• The bedding was purchased a month ago with a new feather duvet and cover. I own a laundry and all of the linen is of industrial quality.
• The new oil heater was available for extra warmth if necessary.
• The renovation taking place was not in the bedroom or bathroom at your disposal. It is true the yard had some materials, however I did not feel this should have affected your comfort.
• The bus times and distance on the site are definitely accurate but I obviously have no control over variation due to busy traffic times.
• I will take on board your suggestion regarding security. I guess we have become very relaxed as we live in an honest and trusting community.
I am upset by your accusation that I am looking to make easy cash. I pride myself on being a warm and giving member of the community who is hospitable and always considers the needs of others. This has been acknowledged in past reviews. The renovation is being done to ensure even more comfort for guests in the future.
Hopefully you will return to Queenstown and I would love to have the opportunity to erase this negative impression by providing you some free accommodation.