Our place is good for couples, families (with kids), and big groups. Sorry, no pets.
Private 100 ft of sandy lakefront and 40+ pine trees welcome you to this peaceful, private 4 bedroom, 2 full bath lakefront all-season colonial.
The large fenced in property is the perfect lodging choice for 8 guests traveling together.
Inside, our private home is ample space for you and your companions to spread out, relax and enjoy views of the lake.
The triple-pane patio door floods the living room with an unobstructed view of the largest opening of the lake.
From there, kick back and unwind while watching shows or movies on the flat screen TV with surround sound, equipped with cable
(incl. premium channels such as Tennis Channel and NFL RedZone) and a DVD player - ideal for movie nights with loved ones.
In the mornings, sip your steaming mug of coffee on the spacious lakefront patio while you relish in the serenity of Houghton Lake.
Additionally, the home’s backyard stretches from the patio to lake, and provides the ultimate spot for private relaxation, a game of soccer, cornhole, flying a kite, or laying in the grass to watch the clouds pass by.
Extra driveway allows for all your guests cars or kids riding bicycles.
The private boat launch allows for easy in/out of floatees or snowmobiles. If you rent a boat, you are welcome to tie up to the 50 foot dock.
When you’re ready to call it a night, retreat to any of the 3 upstairs bedrooms or lower level private suite for a good night’s rest.
Guests will have access to 4 of 5 bedrooms. Hosts may stay at anytime. (Contact the hosts if a single bedroom rental is of interest.)
Boat rentals can be moored on dock. Dock use is permitted.
Bring or buy your own firewood.
This is a private residence that contains personal items. If you have questions prior to your trip, we are happy to assist you 7 days a week.
During your stay, there is no local contact to help with any issues that may arise.
Other things to note
-Carbon monoxide detector
-Fire extinguisher in laundry room
-First aid kit in downstairs bathroom. Many first aid items in both bathrooms.
-Fire escape ladder in closet of yellow bedroom
Note: There is no hospital in the surrounding Houghton Lake area. The emergency clinic is located West of the property, near the M-55 and US-127 intersection, 9 miles away at MidMichigan Urgent Care, 9249 W Lake City Rd, Houghton Lake, MI (PHONE NUMBER HIDDEN)
There are first aid items in the downstairs bathroom.
Key Residence Features:
- Amenities include a fully equipped kitchen, flat screen TV, cable with premium sports channels, DVD player
- Outdoor amenities include 50 foot dock, private boat launch, built-in stone picnic table large enough for 12-16 people, firepit surrounded by paved patio, out-door gas BBQ grille with side burner (no propane needed) ready for your burgers and dogs, private fenced backyard,
short walk to island, crystal clear sandy lakefront typically 8-12 inches deep and much more.
- Seawall is perfect for watching the sunrises and sunsets.
- All linens and towels provided. Beach towels and clothes line available for use.
- Lawn is chemical free. We are an environmental friendly property and are stewards of the lake. Houghton Lake is spring fed and is the start of the watershed for the Muskegon river.
- No Smoking in house or garages.
- No Shoes in the house (pine needles stick to everything).
- No parties or events.
- Do not rent movies via cable provider.
- No use of Jet Skiis or Pontoon boat. Rentals are nearby.
- No use of indoor gas fireplace (winter only - with permission of owners).
- No illegal drugs.
- No burning candles inside the house.
- Check-in is after 5PM.
- Check-out time is 11am. Guests must abide in order for cleaning to properly be done for next guests.
- Trash pick up is Monday morning. Cage is on roadside. Unfortunately the village does not recycle, but we encourage you to take empties and recyclables with you.
- Hosts can stay at any time. Off limits areas include the private bedroom of the hosts, certain locked cabinets, garages, jet skis and boat.
- Clean up spill immediately.
- Do not leave fireplace, firepit or stove unattended.
- Do not use firepit if wind is blowing towards the house.
- Max/Min temperatures for thermostats 72/52. Second thermostat is upstairs in first bedroom, which controls upstairs only. Note: Heat rises, so in winter do not exceed 67.
- No Bath towels outside.
- No Fireworks on premises.
- Wifi must be left ON at all times. Wifi password will be provided upon check-in.
- Smoking is permitted on the porches and outside properties. If there is evidence of smoking in the house or garage a $200 ionization fee will be charged. $50 fee if butts are found in the yard.
- Be considerate of neighbors. Quiet hours are from 11pm to 7am, during which time the noise from the home shall not unreasonably disturb adjacent neighbor. Sound that is audible beyond the property boundaries during non-quiet hours shall not be more excessive than would be otherwise associated with a residential area. If the Police are called you will be immediately evicted, you will lose your damage deposit, and you may be held liable for consequential damages.
- Lastly... Lessee shall not damage the premises during the lease term, including drywall, pipes, wires, glass, plumbing, fixtures and other equipment. Lessee will leave premises in clean condition upon departure i.e. dishes clean, trash removed, all furniture returned to its original location, excess sand swept up. Cigarette butts removed from yard if applicable.
- Must be at least 25 years old to book
Check-in is after 4PM.
Check-out time is 11am. Guests must abide in order for cleaning to properly be done for next guests.
Trash pick up is Monday morning. Cage is on roadside.
Unfortunately the village does not recycle, but we encourage you to take empties and recyclables with you.
I am an adventurer at heart. I love travel and travel stories. I bought this home on Houghton Lake to plan for retirement, in the hopes it will one day be a bed and breakfast. When I get too old to travel, I hope you will share your adventures with me.
I personally enjoy dining with friends, surrounding myself with family, and collecting memories. I scrapbook, swim, garden, and love to experience old world and California wines.