This chic, contemporary apartment has been freshly renovated. Designed exclusively as an AirBnB, the property occupies its own floor in a beautiful red-brick Victorian house located in North London. Good transport links, and stacks to do locally.
We purchased the whole building in 2013 and set about turning this floor into a fun, contemporary apartment, just for Air BnB rentals. It feels homely but is clean and not packed with other peoples stuff! We have furnished it throughout with quirky things we purchased from various flea markets and boutiques.
The main bedroom (19 Sq m) has a kingsize bed and wardrobe with garden aspect. The second bedroom (11 Sq m) has a second bed and writing desk. There is an open-plan kitchen-living area (21 Sq m) with sofa-bed, armchair and dining table for four. Finally, a brand-new large shower/WC (5 Sq m). The kitchen offers an induction hob, coffee machine and dishwasher in addition to all the usual amenities you would expect. Apartment floor plan is 56 Sq m.
You will, of course, have exclusive use of the entire apartment. Entrance is through the apartment's own front door via a leafy (shared) front-garden. The main bedroom window looks onto a large garden, to which guests don't have access.
Interaction with guests
We will be living next door, and happy to offer any advice needed, but prefer to have guests who will get on with their own thing. In advance of your stay, we provide an in-depth "guest manual" of good things to do and places to try out in the area. We normally see guests every couple of days in the front garden and have a nice chat about how their stay is going.
Other things to note
This is an old house, and you may hear the sound of foot-steps from the apartment above. If you are seeking complete peace and quiet, perhaps look elsewhere.
• Free Wi-Fi including our "WiFi Promise". If it goes down for more than an hour from when you notice it, we will refund you the whole of that day's rent.
• Free Nespresso Coffee - machine and refills provided
• NB as we generally find it easy to fill the apartment we usually have a minimum of three nights per stay. However we sometimes consider shorter stays if it allows us fill a gap, so do enquire if you are looking for a shorter stay... you never know!
• We get lots of questions about the beds... so here's the deal: The main bedroom has a large sized "kingsize" double bed which is W182cm x L198cm. The second bedroom has double bed W137cm x L190cm, so this bed can sleep an additional two people. NB This sofa-bed is not visible in the photos, as it had not been delivered when we did the photo shoot! The living room also has a sofa-bed that when configured as a bed is W109cm x L180cm, which is OK for one person.
• As regards having five adults staying... if you had read the above, and think you will be OK with this, then we are happy to offer you the apartment for five but we think it is best suited to 2 - 4 adults, or a family of up to 5.
- Have fun, play music, just don't wreck the joint. Please check re. pets... we might allow something cute. No smoking.
From Jan 01, 2018 - Jan 01, 2019 the minimum stay is 3 nights.
This host has 114 reviews for other properties.View other reviews
Born and raised in London. I'm a composer of music for film and TV, and I live nearbye with my wife, who plays in the London Symphony Orchestra, and two children. We both work in city centre and have an extensive knowledge of London, especially restaurants!