Private lodge with outdoor spa/hot tub hidden above downtown Chattanooga. The lodge adjoins the 3000 acre National Military Park on Lookout Mnt, Chattanooga, between Ruby Falls and Rock City. This lodge is secluded, but yet convenient to St. Elmo and downtown /Southside.
(**Please note that I welcome all that are respectful of my property and rules, regardless of age, race, or sexual orientation.)
I recently renovated this home and live here alone. The home is almost 30 years old. I am offering private room(s) and bath(s) like a B&B but do not cook breakfast. I try to have healthy cereal and eggs in the refrigerator for guests to prepare at their leisure. You are renting a room and not the entire property. (This same space is also listed under Lookout Mnt., Tn as the location but the property is in Chattanooga (on Lookout Mnt.) and does not show up in a Chattanooga search so I have relisted it).
The bedroom has a low contemporary platform bed with new memory foam mattress, 400 threat count sheets, hardwood floors, large closet, lockable door, and ceiling fan. The bathrooms appear to be original, with tile flooring, fiberglass tub shower, window, and granite covered vanities. There is NO carpet in the house.
I encourage guests to use the common areas and not stay in their private rooms. Other than your private room, I want this to be a very casual chill communal environment for guests.
Please do not block the garage door closest to the front door. The front door lock is digital with a private access code.
The home has a shared kitchen (light cooking only please, toaster, microwave, and coffee). *Limited space available in the refrigerator and freezer. The living spaces are also shared - living room - dinning rooms - sun room - reading library room decking spa and yard.
The outdoor spa/hot tub and shower are semi-private (and clothing optional for the more adventurous guests). Spa only open during daylight hours for guests because the stone pathway is not lighted and can be dangerous. I do not want anyone to fall down and get hurt.
The terrace/basement level is currently closed.
Interaction with guests
This is a private lodge set up like a B & B. I live here alone on the main level and sometimes rent out 1 or 2 bedrooms on the upper level, which are NOT adjoining (adults only). I work and try to enjoy outdoor activities, so we may not cross paths while you are visiting, or I may be out of town, but should be available by text message, telephone or email. I try to have coffee and healthy cereal available but I do NOT prepare breakfast for guests. I enjoy guest interaction with morning coffee or drinks in the evening when I am home. I want everyone to feel comfortable with the casual communal environment, but you are also free to stay in your private room if you prefer.
Please tell me a little about yourself, why you are planning to visit Chattanooga, and what you are interested in doing while you are here. I prefer guests who are looking for an interesting experience.
Other things to note
I have epb fiber optics high speed internet and internet based television only with access to pretty much ever television show and popular movies. There are no televisions in the bedrooms. There are televisions in the common area living room(s) to encourage guests to enjoy the whole house rather than just their private room. This property is best suited for open minded individuals who are comfortable with a casual communal environment and that are looking for something different, adventure, and an escape, yet very close to all the action downtown.
- •Only registered guests allowed on property without prior approval. No parties, or events. I do not allow pets.
- •Kitchen: Only light cooking allowed in kitchen without prior approval. Limited space available in refrigerator. No coolers inside left on the wood floors as the condensation may damage floors. Coolers can be left in the garage. No bacon or greasy foods inside. Charcoal grill area outside, but let me know in advance if you plan to grill. Clean up after yourself. Place dishes in dishwasher and wash any pots/pans.
- •Lock all doors when you leave. Do not leave windows or doors open.
- •SPA: Outdoor spa/hot tub is only open daylight hours. Spa area is semi-private (and clothing optional for the more adventurous). No cotton shorts in spa, and absolutely no wet clothing or wet swimsuits in house. Chemicals in the spa may damage some fabrics and color treated hair. Cover spa immediately after use, no exceptions. Shower before using spa. (Outdoor shower open except in winter). No sunscreen or lotions in spa of any kind. No glass bottles or glass of any type in spa. Do not sit or lay on spa cover. Check with you physician before using spa if you have any health concerns. I strive to maintain a very clean spa for everyone's enjoyment so please follow these guidelines.
- •Thermostat: The lower level is kept on 77 degrees in the summer, and 65 in the winter. The upper level thermostat where guests sleep can be adjusted. Bedrooms have ceiling fans and space heaters.
- •Misc: Smoking OK outside only. I do NOT offer laundry use to short term guests due to necessary laundry obligations between guests. Bathroom uses a Septic tank, not city sewage, so only toilet paper in the toilet.
- •Please be keep noise to a minimum after 10:30pm. during the work week, and outside so as to not disturb my distant neighbors.
Health fitness oriented individual into travel, food, coffee, and the outdoors. I enjoy running on the mountain trails and downtown, and sometimes mountain bike. I enjoy socializing with friends and look forward to meeting new people staying at my home.