Mountain chalet on 24 acre hobby ranch. Cross over beautiful Lightner Creek on our private bridge, through the cottonwood trees to arrive at the very well-furnished home. The 4 bedroom/ 3.5 bath home is very open with expansive windows and high beam ceilings, equipped with office, WIFI, and cable. The home abuts to the mountainside and has a private trail leading to the plateau, as well as acres of manicured fields and a natural, spring-fed fish pond; less than 4 miles to downtown Durango!
Experience Lightner Creek- Durango's Best-Kept Secret
(the movie 'City Slickers' was filmed at the end of the road)
Our secluded mountain chalet's entrance is over a private bridge, which crosses the beautiful Lightner Creek and winds through cottonwood trees up to the house. The chalet itself abuts the mountainside & has its own private trail up to the famed 'Mushroom Rocks' plateau (where you can find 1000 year old Anasazi Indian artwork along the ridge). Look out the expansive windows & high beam aspen ceilings of the home & you will be breathtaken by acres of diverse, magnificently landscaped terrain. Some of the features are a private, spring-fed pond, a couple private beach lounging areas a & fireplace area on Lightner Creek, & meadows of aspen, cottonwood, pine & fruit trees. It is worth mentioning the fenced-in acreage make great ball fields, playground for kids & adults alike (in the winter, you can sled down the base of the mountain).
The property itself was built in 1997 with expansive windows & high beam ceilings. We have recently remodeled much of the home, including new hardwood floors, river rock fireplace hearth & entire build-out of 1st floor, which includes another private master bedroom, bath, and a carpeted kids' playroom. All of the furniture and linens in the home are brand new, which include a beautiful office area w/reclining lounge chair for reading.
I'm sure you already know about all that Durango has to offer & will mention that our 24 secluded acres are less than 4 miles from downtown & all the exceptional restaurants.
Back to our location- we are surrounded on three sides by Perin's Peak State Park, which means some of the best hiking/biking is right out the front door (pick up a guidebook & you will see Dry Fork Loop, Colorado Trail, Twin Buttes, Barnroof Point & Perin's Peak are all within walking distance of our home). If you really want the mountain 'Durango experience,' while being close to historic downtown, you have found the ideal place. It is very rare to find a secluded 24 acres, with functional flat acreage, creek, natural pond and a private mountainside, just 5 minutes to town. Even if you don't stay with us the first time in Durango, please drive by & I bet you will call us on your next vacation to Durango.
State Sales Tax license number(PHONE NUMBER HIDDEN)
Interaction with guests
Vacation Home Rental with property manager
Other things to note
There is a vacation rental agreement prior to booking.
927 C.R. 207 Vacation Rental
HOUSE GUIDE &
CHECK-OUT PROCEDURE LIST
1. Please enjoy our games, toys, books, DVD’s, etc, but please leave them where you found them.
2. Keep Garage door closed at night. The 2 garbage receptacles are located in the Garage and will attract bears if left open.
3. BARBEQUE: Move barbeque away from house prior to use. Clean BBQ after each use. Make sure Propane tank valve is SHUT OFF after every use. Do not leave food or trash in BBQ. Again, it will attract bears.
4. BEDROOMS: At Check-out, please remove linens and place on top of beds.*
5. BATHROOMS: At Check-out, please leave soiled towels on bathroom floors.*
6. KITCHEN: Replace all china, glasses, silverware, cookware, in cabinets. Please run dishwasher w/ any remaining dirty dishes.
a. DOWNSTAIRS: Reduce All temperature controls to LOW setting.
b. UPSTAIRS: Reduce temperature setting to 60 degrees.
8. TRASH: During your stay, you may place trash in the 2 receptacles located in the garage. Do not leave any trash outdoors. Bears will rummage through your trash!
9. LIGHTS: Turn off all lights EXCEPT Kitchen lights. Please leave these on when you leave.
10. Lock all doors and windows.
*It would be helpful for guests to wash towels and linens, but not mandatory.
No reviews (yet)
This home doesn’t have any reviews. If you stay here, your review will appear here.