This unique home is nestled amongst a trendy beach estate, less than 5 mins walk from the spectacularly beautiful Mount Coolum beach. Spacious King bedroom with private ensuite, walk-in-robe and balcony, Queen bedroom, and a room with 2 x double bed bunks + single trundle underneath. Hardwood deck & grassy yard, BBQ, herb garden, large and relaxed living and lounge area, gourmet kitchen, wifi. Specialty coffee, local shops & restaurants only a short walk away.
Hear the waves from your windows and see the breathtaking beauty of Mount Coolum looming overhead to the West.
Spacious King and Queen bedrooms, large separate room space comprised of two double-bed-sized bunk beds (this has no door but is separated from the house with a very large and private curtain room divider), and a single bed (used as a trundle). Three bathrooms with showers, and all beds are spring mattresses.
We have a big herb garden that you can help yourself to, and a big grassy yard with space to play.
We have no aircon, yet, but all rooms have excellent ceiling fans, portable industrial fans and we always have a steady sea breeze which keeps things cooler than you would expect in summer. We also have a heater for winter.
The Sunshine Coast is a beautiful place to visit and explore, and Mount Coolum is right in the middle and easily accessible between Caloundra and Noosa.
Whole house except baby room and garage (which will be locked for owners' storage).
Outdoor BBQ under the alfresco, kitchen, coffee/tea station, cumfy couch, board games, TV/DVD player; top loader washing machine and dryer are available.
Linen/sheets, bath towels, books, cooking essentials (oil, salt etc) are provided. You will need to bring your own beach towels. Secure building and safe parking is provided up on our driveway.
Mount Coolum's Boardwalk Beach is a Patrolled surf beach and it is only a short walk away. There are beach showers on your way back from the beach. Waves on the Sunshine Coast tend to be best for longboards more often than shortboards.
Guests can access the beach with a short 5 min walk.
There is also a concreted beach path that runs along the beach from Caloundra to Noosa. Mount Coolum hike is only a couple of kilometres away. Shops, restaurants and services are a walk away. IGA, Pharmacy, Butcher, Fish 'n Chip shop, Bakery, Coffee/Cafe, Bottle Shop and Takeaway shops 10 mins walk away; Physio, Hairdresser, more restaurants, Pilates Studio, Naturopath, and Coffee about a 5-10 min walk away in the other direction, and if you want more hustle and bustle, the township of Coolum is 10 mins drive North; Maroochydore Sunshine Plaza about 15 mins drive South.
We are about 5 mins drive North from Sunshine Coast Airport.
Interaction with guests
As this is a whole house listing you will have the house to yourselves but we try to be accessible by phone or text message.
Please take good care of our home while you stay and treat it with love and respect. Thank you!
* Stays longer than two weeks require a signed agreement / waiver / terms & conditions on arrival.
Welcome to “Blue Wave" at Mount Coolum, on the beautiful Sunshine Coast, Queensland.
Welcome to our beachside home. We trust that you will have a beautiful, peaceful stay here and leave refreshed. We want you to have the best time and request that you read and abide by the following guidelines so that it is a happy experience for everyone! We are not the kind of people to be serious about rules but we do expect you to respect our home as if it were your own, and thus have laid out these guidelines so there is no misunderstanding. The main thing we ask is for you to please leave the home as you found it.
* You have a bar fridge/freezer for you store your food.
* The tea and instant coffee, electric jug and toaster are available for your use.
* Please No Smoking unless you are outside the front of the house. Unfortunately smoke travels to the unit next door from the back deck so smoking is not allowed there. Thanks so much for your understanding.
* Please turn off all lights / fans / heaters if you are not using them when you leave the room for longer periods of time.
* During rain, the front room / queen bedroom's windows must be closed immediately as the rain comes in vertically due to the sea winds and you will be sleeping on a water bed (chuckle). Also any doors or windows on the eastern side of the house must be closed for the same reason. When you leave the house please close them just in case.
* We request that there be no eating or drinking upstairs except for water. Also please do not leave glasses or cups with water in them on the floor, as they are at high risk to be kicked over. Humid climates make it easy for mold to grow.
* Please wipe/wash children's hands straight after eating and watch that they don't put their hands on the furniture, windows etc if their hands are dirty, or let them jump or stand on the furniture. Please supervise them at all times. Thank you for washing your hands after using the bathroom and before using the kitchen.
* We request that you turn off the TV by 11pm unless with negotiation, and if you stay up later than that please be quiet and respectful of the home and neighbours, especially if you choose to sit out on the back deck. This is a very quiet neighbourhood and voices travel far in the still of the night.
* Please leave your shoes outside the door if they are sandy or dirty, and if you would like to wear some indoor shoes please don't wear them on the carpet.
* When returning from the beach, please use the beach showers to remove as much sand as possible, and if you are still sandy, use the tap on the side of the house. Then please enter through the laundry door and use the laundry shower to get off all remaining sand. We use this system because otherwise sand gets into everything and throughout the whole house. Many thanks for your cooperation.
* Please do not wipe your face on our white towels to get any make-up residue off. It unfortunately does not come out of the towels once stained and we provide expensive high quality luxury towels for your best comfort. If you require a dark towel or some extra disposable face wipes we are more than happy to give you some. There are complementary make up wipes supplied in the bathroom drawers.
* Please lock the glass doors, close the windows (so that they click/lock) and turn off all lights at night. Please respect our home.
Also if you have any questions please contact us, we are more than happy to help.
* If you are the last one to leave at any point during the day please close the front door behind you.
* No Pets
* If you could possibly strip your bed of its sheets/pillowcases and place all your towels and sheets in the bath or laundry, this will help us immensely.
* Please leave us a helpful review ☺ otherwise if you're not happy please let us know straight away so that we can rectify the situation.
Angela - pianist, singer, musician.
HEALTH: creating nourishing foods, experimenting with fermenting, sprouting, growing a veggie garden, herbs and using essential oils.
FUN: weight training & exercise, playing music, exploring the outdoors with friends and family, camping adventures, 4wd, photography, sunshine, learning new things.
LOVE: We try to be proactive in helping out our local community and church as much as we can. We love meeting new people and learning about their culture and way of life.
We look forward to sharing our home with you!