In town this holiday season for a Longwood Christmas, the Yuletide Tour at Winterthur, or Holidays at Hagley? Offering a cozy private 2nd floor bedroom in an 1800’s millworker’s home located in Historic Henry Clay Mill Village. Within walking distance of Hagley Museum and the DuPont Experimental Station, and just a few miles to all Brandywine Valley attractions. Just 30 minutes to Philadelphia via I-95. An ideal resting spot for couples, the solo explorer or business traveler.
The house is one of several built in the 1800's for the workers at the Henry Clay Mill, located just across the Brandywine River at the end of the street. The house sits on a hill that backs up to the beautiful, wooded Rockford Park, perfect for picnics or morning power walks. The private bedroom has a comfy double bed and is equipped with a Keurig coffee maker. Bathroom is shared.
There is no TV in the bedroom, but guests are free to use the TV (Comcast Cable, Apple TV) in the 2nd floor den (hard core Yankee fans may find this room a bit disconcerting). Guests are also free to relax in the 1st floor living room, or on one of two verandas after a day of sight-seeing. A light breakfast will be available each morning in the dining room. There is no kitchen access at this time.
Interaction with guests
I am a full-time professional in the legal field and long-time Wilmington resident, looking forward to hosting visitors to the beautiful Brandywine Valley. I'll be happy to answer any questions or offer suggestions, but will also respect your space and privacy.
Other things to note
A light breakfast (bagels/muffins, yogurt, and fruit) is offered each morning. Please feel free to let me know your preferences.
The house sits on a hill, so there are stairs - lots of them!
And I also have 2 sweet, friendly kittens who have run of the house (but not the guest room) and love to play.
* PARKING: Space for one vehicle is available in the area just in front of the fence. Please try not to park opposite any neighbor’s driveways.
* NO KITCHEN ACCESS: Coffee and snacks are provided in the guest room and a light breakfast will be set up in the dining room each morning. Please let me know at the time of booking your preferences for bagels, yogurt and juice. Limited space can be provided in the fridge if needed, but the rest of the kitchen is off limits at this time.
* NO SMOKING/NO DRUGS: The property is a smoke-free, drug-free zone. Alcohol is permitted.
* QUIET HOURS: I try to maintain quiet hours between 10:00 p.m. and 7:00 a.m.
* SECURITY I have 24 hour video security monitoring, however, none of the cameras are in any of the private spaces (bedrooms/bathroom)
* ASK IF YOU HAVE A QUESTION OR ISSUE: I am almost always here, so feel free to ask if you need something or want to know something. I truly want to make your stay as comfortable as possible for you. If I happen to be out, shoot me a text, and I’ll point you in the right direction.