Colorful and charming, it's easy to feel right at home in this room. It's in the upstairs apartment of a downtown duplex home. It's spacious with two single beds and a roll away, plenty of room to relax and hangout. There's free wifi and a hammock swing. Bike or walk just 5 minutes to the best restaurants, shops and bars in town on Front Street. The beaches are 15-20 by car, and UNCW is a 10 min drive. This historic home has high ceilings, laundry room, convenient parking, and more.
The bedroom has a coastal theme and is in the upstairs apartment of a historic duplex. There are two twin beds, and a roll away bed is also available for extra guests. There is a $20 fee for additional guests after 3. The room has a large dresser and lots of hooks for hanging items. A reading lamp sits atop a trunk table, and there are books and games inside. The entire house has high speed wireless internet, and there's a television in the kitchen. The shared bathroom is down the hall with a tub and shower, complimentary toiletries, hairdryer and towels. There's plenty of parking on the street in front of the house and a space in the driveway.
This is a historic home with high ceilings and lots of sunlight through large windows. In addition to a full bath upstairs, guests have access to a large kitchen with plenty of dishes and utensils, complimentary snacks and coffee, pots and pans, spices, a microwave, stove, refrigerator, and stocked wine rack. You'll also have access to the front porch, and laundry room downstairs with space for storing beach chairs, luggage, etc. There's plenty of street parking right in front of the house and you're welcome to park in the driveway whenever it's available.
Interaction with guests
I will be here to greet you when you arrive and make check-in as easy, simple, and stress free as possible. I am usually home in the separate apartment downstairs, and depending on scheduling you may or may not see me or another guest come and go. I'm happy to chat or give you privacy. You'll always be able to quickly reach me by phone, text, or email to help with any issues. I know the area well and can provide information about any restaurants, shops, or sites that you're interested in. Just ask!
Other things to note
If you'd like to reserve rooms for more people or book the entire house for a group of 8-10 or an event, we have 3 more rooms listed.
Accommodates 1-2 guests:
Accommodates 1-4 guests:
Accommodates 8-10 guests:
- Please be respectful the property and do some light straightening up during your stay. Also, be aware of noise control. Well-behaved, potty-trained adult dogs are welcome. Just let us know in advance that they are coming. Limit 1 dog. Please do not leave them outside. Absolutely NO CATS. They’re cute, but can trigger allergies. Feel free to park in the driveway and/or on the street in front of the house.
- To ensure that you have a safe, fun and enjoyable stay, we ask that you read and abide by all house rules.
You agree that your use of airbnb.com to book a stay at Charming Room, Coastal Home-Downtown (Wilmington, NC 28401) means you agree to the following Terms & Conditions and Release of Liability. Furthermore, you, your family or any other guests’ presence on the aforementioned property is acknowledgement that you have read, understand and agree to the following:
1. You acknowledge that we will not be supervising your use of the Property. Accordingly, you agree that (a) your use of the Property will be on an AS IS basis, (b) neither we nor any of our employees, members, contractors or agents will have any responsibility to you whatsoever for any loss, liability, personal injury, death or damage arising out of or relating to your use of the Property, and (c) that you will indemnify, defend and hold us, our employees, members, contractors and agents harmless from and against any and all claims by or liability to you, your family, employees, agents or invitees, or any third party arising out of or relating to your use of the Property.
2. You will not participate in any illegal activity as defined by any local, state or federal bodies.
3. You will be responsible to us for any damage to the Property that you or your family, employees, agents, or invitees cause, whether solely or in conjunction with others.
4. If applicable, as a parent or legal guardian, you also agree to these terms on behalf of any minor children who will be joining you.
I'm an independent filmmaker, creative and laid back. I enjoy directing and producing transmedia projects, traveling, creating art, and spending the summer at the beach. I mostly listen to podcasts. "Risk," "The Moth," and "Snap Judgement" are some of my favorites. I listen to all kinds of music, and Dinah Washington's "What A Difference A Day Makes" is my personal theme song.