Perfect little cottage getaway located on Lake Simcoe just 1.5 hour north of Toronto. Clean & bright cottage with a modern feel will suit couples or small family. Sit back, unwind and enjoy the calming lake views from the cottage or the private lakeside deck.
Enjoy kayaking on the nearby Trent-Severn canal, a truly wonderful experience to connect with nature.
For a peaceful getaway this cottage is an ideal retreat for those looking to escape the city, recharge and reconnect with great views!
The cottage is a small 2 bedroom so would be perfect for 1 or 2 couples or a small family of no more than 4 people.
Gas fireplace keeps the cottage warm and cozy for a winter getaway.
***Available as a short term monthly rental in the winter*** Ask for details.
Guests are welcome to use all the amenities included in the cottage.
***Check in time is listed as 'flexible'. It will depend on whether guests are leaving that same day. If guests are checking out the same day as your arrival, then check in time will be 3pm. If not, then guests are free to check in anytime after noon***
Interaction with guests
I meet with guests to handover the keys, give a quick tour and answer any questions. I then leave guests alone to enjoy their stay but encourage them to call/text me anytime if any questions or issues arise. I live about 30 mins away so its no problem to come over if needed.
Other things to note
Portable fire pit (firewood not provided) 2 Kayaks, Pedal boat,
Life Jackets provided. Propane BBQ,
Well-equipped kitchen including tea/coffee, cooking oil, cleaning materials. Indirect Lakefront - lake is situated directly in front of the cottage across the road.
Smooth rocks at the shore line and then sandy lake bottom, water shoes are great but not necessary.
The Trent-Severn canal is a 2 min walk away - great fishing spot.
The nearest town is Beaverton about 6km away where there are grocery stores, banks, Tim Hortons, pharmacy, Beer store and restaurants/fast food.
Kite boarding park - 3 min drive
Gamebridge Go-Karts - 5 min drive,
Cedarhurst Golf Club - 10 min drive
Western Trent Golf Club - 13 min drive
Lagoon City - 10 min drive.
Casino Rama - 25 min drive
1. Please be respectful to the neighbours, quiet time after 11pm.
2. Cottage provides accommodations for up to 4 people only, no extra guests.
3. Absolutely No Smoking allowed inside, ash trays can be provided for outside. Smoking inside the cottage will result in loss of security deposit.
4. The cottage is on a well and septic system. Please be careful as to water usage. The well can not handle long showers. Please stagger large amounts of water usage so not to drain well. Also, no food down the drain and no sanitary products to be flushed down the toilet.
5. Full garbage bags to be placed in the shed - not outside please.
6. I do not charge a cleaning fee as the expectation is that guests will leave the cottage in the same condition it was when they arrived.
7. Guests may use the kayaks at their own risk. Life jackets are provided. Please look after them and be aware that Lake Simcoe is a large body of water and big waves can pick up very quickly. Please bring kayaks out of water when not using them if rough conditions.
8. Check out time is 1pm. Please leave key in mailbox if I am not there at check-out time.
9. Check in time is listed as 'flexible', this means if no guests are checking out that day then an earlier check in time is possible. If guests are checking out at 1pm then the cottage will not be ready until 3pm for check in. Thanks!
Hi, my name is Shirley.
Originally from Yorkshire, UK and now enjoying country living in Ontario.
I am a nature and animal lover whose favourite past times include kayaking and forest walks with my Jack Russell terrier.
I recently discovered the serenity and calmness in just sitting and watching the lake - must be an age thing!
I cant live without coffee or Corrie.