This is an adorable and charming little 1930's bungalow that has original hardwood floors and a fenced in backyard. The place is quiet and cute and roomy and will be a great place to stay while you are in town.
Plenty of street parking and I live next to a church.
Two bedrooms with two comfy queen beds, a queen air mattress and a couch are available. Brand new appliances and cute plantation shutters make this place relaxing and homey.
If you want to stay in a house and neighborhood that is uniquely and authentically Austin, then here it is. This is a 1930's restored bungalow that was restored beautifully, with original hardwood floors and brand new everything else. Like an old, amazing shell with a new life. It's quiet, bright, and airy, and has plenty of space in the common areas. The backyard is amazing, and I get it treated for mosquitoes monthly so you can really enjoy hanging out there and having a backyard picnic or a catch. The beds are super comfy, and the space is generally pleasant.
Kitchen, dining, living, two bedrooms, full bathroom and utility closet which has a washer/dryer.
You can borrow the bikes that are out back for local rides (they both need tune ups) and if you need anything that might be in the shed, just ask.
Interaction with guests
I'll try to be there for you to check in if our dates and times line up, but otherwise you are on your own.
You'll have access to all areas of the home except for the back suite (it's separated by a locking door and has a separate entrance and bathroom). 95% of the time, no one will be in that back office suite (only except for extreme circumstances will that be occupied by me, like if weather washes out what I have planned and I need a place to crash). So plan on only a 5% chance of seeing me during your stay and only in extreme circumstances.
Other things to note
If the driveway is free, feel free to park in it, but generally it's street parking.
Also, most of my guests remark at how quiet the neighborhood is but it is the culture of my neighborhood to enjoy warm summer nights with family and friends.
- My neighbors know me and they are used to not having a lot of noise come from my place. So pre-gaming and post-gaming is fine at reasonable hours, but no events or parties.
- Kids okay on a case-by-case basis and while the house is pretty safe, it isn't kid proof. Also, there are no kid supplies so you would have to BYO. Just ask if you like this listing- we like having kids in the house but want to make sure it is the right fit :)
- While I have listed no pets, there are some exceptions. I have an old lady pug dog who has some health issues. Other old dogs and calm smallish dogs are welcome, but please just ask if you have pets. I am an animal lover and if it is the right fit, we can work something out. Other pugs (regardless of age) are ALWAYS welcome and we are biased to other scrunch faced dogs (boston terriers, bulldogs, french bulldogs, etc.) Just ask, we could maybe work something out. NO CATS
- Small gatherings/pre-gaming is totally welcome on weekends. Just give me a heads up :)
- Smoking is okay outside. I don't smoke, and it really isn't common in my neighborhood but you can smoke if you want :) Just please pick up after yourself.
- This is my first house and it is brand new. I really take pride in the home so I just expect you to respect the house and keep it clean and take care of it.
- No bachelorette/bachelor parties cause they are annoying and locals hate them.
Cancel up to 5 days before your trip and get a full refund. Cancel within 5 days of your trip and the first night is non-refundable, but 50% of the cost for the remaining nights will be refunded.
This host has 12 reviews for other properties.View other reviews
Hi everyone! I truly take pride in providing a positive experience to all my guests :) I have been a couch surfer host and surfer for many many years and almost have over 100 friends and references. I really like offering the best experience to my guests and take pride it housing travelers!
About the home
When you stay in an Airbnb, you’re staying in someone’s home.