We invite you to call this special place your home.
Definition of baraka
: a blessing that is regarded in various Eastern religions as an indwelling spiritual force and divine gift inhering in saints, charismatic leaders, and natural objects.
Become immersed in a creative and inspiring space that will touch your soul.
Emblematic of Antigua's historic style & Betraying of world travel influences.
Take time for yourself!
Why come to Baraka Antigua?
A getaway from Antigua's charming buzz. Looking for serenity whilst maintaining easy access to the colonial city? Baraka Antigua is minutes away. Jardines de Antigua is our neighborhood - peaceful, beautiful, safe.
Choose from numerous intimate spaces to occupy - both indoors and outdoors with over a dozen shared spaces: informal kitchen gathering space, panoramic rooftop terrace, fireside lounge sofas, formal dining table, library reading corner, yoga&meditation room, relaxing front porch rocking chairs, garden coffee table corners, traditional Guatemalan sauna, garden dining room, outdoor lounge & sweetheart coffee table.
- Garden: aesthetic, colorful, tropical, fish pond, plants, mural, green bamboo wall, jasmine.
- Yoga&Meditation room: symbolism, colors, chakras, energy, 5 elements, peacefulness, light & darkness, candles & incense.
- Library corner: inspiring, fiction, healing, reality, beauty, humanity, living, serenity.
- Moroccan lounge: travel, exotic, romanticism, music, informal connections, bohemian, evenings in good company, escape to another world.
- Front porch rocking chairs: candles, garden views, sheltered, outside, glass of wine, conversations, scents of the night, read a book.
- Kitchen: heart of the house, social hub, home grown organic coffee, cook at home.
Welcome to the quaintest and smallest of the rooms in our unique house (5 bedrooms available for rent including this one). The garden room is on the ground floor of the property with a little window looking into our colorful and living back garden. Scents of Jasmine, colors of the bougainvillea tree, the buzz of our resident stingless bees, the cheeky play of the local birds having a morning bathing in the fishpond, the evergreen living bamboo curtain ... just some of the energies at play that may facilitate your transition into a happy heart place during your stay with us. This room shares a bathroom (Toilet, washbasin, and shower; which is upstairs) with the Finca room. This room has its own private toilet.
Our Rooftop Terrace: watch erupting volcanoes from the best vantage point! Savour mesmerizing scenery over your breakfast while you spend time with your morning coffee soaking in the view of the volcanoes and dissipating mists as the sun rises above the hills.
We love the social buzz - inviting you to connect with some new friends:
- cute (yet discreet) garden hens,
- tropical bees: reassuringly they are stingless! They are much smaller than regular bees, often mistaken for funny flies. See if you can find the different beehives and let use know!
- our garden cat: Indie! She talks a lot and is rather social. She lives outside, but will come inside if invited.
- our other guests. Yes, if you are just renting a room then you will likely not be alone in the house. (there are 4 other rooms that we rent out aswell - so why not bring your friends?). We offer you the opportunity to relate with some interesting people during your stay - sharing your stories and their's.
Nowadays with our often complicated lives, luxury lies in simplicity.
After you complete your reservation with us, we will offer logistical services for booking:
- private transportation/taxi
- private tours
- at home massage
- at home sauna experience
- at home Guatemalan Cooking classes
- home-cooked breakfast, lunch and/or dinner
- pre-arrival shopping
- at home spanish classes
- Guatemalan organic coffee grown by the property owner
- any other private service you may require
More than a building - where the sum of the parts deliver so much more! Nourish yourself from the wholeness of the spaces here. Please visit our other magical rentals on Lake Atitlán.
We also offer retreat hosting facilities on Lake Atitlán: teachers/facilitators please inquire.
You will have access to the whole house. The exceptions are: other bedrooms and the office.
Interaction with guests
You will usually be hosted at the house when I am in residence. So chances to interact are pretty high. We are likely to share breakfast or some of our meals together, maybe cook and enjoy a glass of wine together. Its up to your mood, mine too...and the magic of the flow (:-)
Other things to note
[there are 4 other rooms available should you find this one booked for your desired dates - check out our other listings. Also the house is available as a complete rental]
If you are on a trajectory that will take you to Lake ATITLAN, be sure to CHECK OUT my other listing EAGLE'S NEST located in San Marcos La Laguna - it will blow your HEART & MIND simultaneously ;-).....here is a quick link for it:
Its mostly common sense! Respect the space, its art and layout. Its a beautiful space where you may find lots of inspiration. I hope you make the most of it and enjoy the peacefulness beauty of the house. If you have any questions, ask Nancy the housekeeper, Jose the property manager or myself.
Attention SMOKERS: In order to respect my space and the possible desire for other guests to breath clean air, you are invited to smoke anywhere outside (rooftop terrace, entrance porch with rocking chairs or any of the garden space)
This host has 243 reviews for other properties.View other reviews
I was born in France and travel between Guatemala where my projects are and Europe where my daughter lives.